Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a matter of time before we turn to the color we have grown accustomed to :)

Getting close now. Our stock will be one of the few oddly colored tickers in the entire market in a bit. You'd think our fundamentals were terrible or even worsening if you looked at the stock's performance on a rally day like this.

I know the long term outlook is great for us, but this persistent negative performance is very troubling. Something is wrong here.

Just a matter of time before we turn to the color we have grown accustomed to :)
Ah yes, something more sanguine.

Sanguine
Sanguine or red chalk is chalk of a reddish-brown colour, so called because it resembles the colour of dried blood. It has been popular for centuries for drawing. The word comes via French from the Italian sanguigna and originally from the Latin "sanguis".

Getting close now. Our stock will be one of the few oddly colored tickers in the entire market in a bit. You'd think our fundamentals were terrible or even worsening if you looked at the stock's performance on a rally day like this.

I know the long term outlook is great for us, but this persistent negative performance is very troubling. Something is wrong here.
Yup...100%. Can't even hold green on a day like this. Something's gotta give.

30 million shares traded in the first 30 mins sending the stock in a straight line down and soon to be red in the face of huge macro up day. Simply unreal
Thank god inflation numbers did not come in hotter than expected! Imagine where TSLA would be if that happened? I’m gonna deploy the “glass half full” missile. 😊

Immacolata arrived in Brisbane on Dec 12 (departed SHG on Nov 30)
Morning Cherry arrived in Melbourne on Dec 11 (departed SHG on Nov 28)
Deliveries like these could cause lower deliveries in local china in first half of December.

So let me get this straight . . . . Elon said they would start unwinding the wave and that, presumably, would be borne out as more consistent exports, even in the last month of the quarter.

(checks notes)

Yep, I guess he wasn't kidding when he said that. :)

Some people (not you) might want to remember that and factor it into their "predictions".

Bjørn Nyland's testing has shown that the i4 currently has some charging issues, so you might want to avoid it if you'll be heading beyond range much.
I don't know, maybe I just haven't drank the Tesla coolaid (I clearly haven't), but if one was looking for basic transportation or some of the other offerings now (Taycan, iX, i4, Ioniq 5, Mach-E) they certainly seem comparable for most use cases outside of the super charging network that someone may or may not use much.

I never saw the other products as inferior as so many people here claim I guess. The minimalistic design isn't for everyone, no front center console is annoying, buttons for everything (like volume, glove box), lack of service centers, panel gaps (hit/miss), no 360 camera, no android/carplay, poor handling (MY), cost/price for what you get (see enough posts on this from folks who wouldn't buy it now if they had to shell out current prices), looks like an egg (MY) and common as a prius (see 5 teslas anytime you're out). I don't see the allure anymore.

I "get" people who paid a lot less for a MY back in the day for $50k, but that vehicle is minimum $67k+ now.

I have driven Teslas and at the end of the day, it's still just a car to me. It's not that much better (not better at all) than other stuff (to me) that gets me from A to B. Like with Tesla solar, Tesla solar is sorta worst than their competition in that department (no choice/flexibility and in some cases, not much/any cheaper). The other EV options can only get better from here, but I always find the "inferior product" I've seen people spout annoying when I don't see the competition as inferior personally.

I guess good for me not even wanting a Tesla to start with and this is pre-Elon Twitter craziness.
Software is terrific, updates are amazing. Standard sound system better than most premium. Seats might be most comfortable in biz. Frunk is great. EAP is tremendous on road trips. Never tire of the throttle and handling. If I could live in my Tesla, I would.

I don't know, maybe I just haven't drank the Tesla coolaid (I clearly haven't), but if one was looking for basic transportation or some of the other offerings now (Taycan, iX, i4, Ioniq 5, Mach-E) they certainly seem comparable for most use cases outside of the super charging network that someone may or may not use much.

I never saw the other products as inferior as so many people here claim I guess. The minimalistic design isn't for everyone, no front center console is annoying, buttons for everything (like volume, glove box), lack of service centers, panel gaps (hit/miss), no 360 camera, no android/carplay, poor handling (MY), cost/price for what you get (see enough posts on this from folks who wouldn't buy it now if they had to shell out current prices), looks like an egg (MY) and common as a prius (see 5 teslas anytime you're out). I don't see the allure anymore.

I "get" people who paid a lot less for a MY back in the day for $50k, but that vehicle is minimum $67k+ now.

I have driven Teslas and at the end of the day, it's still just a car to me. It's not that much better (not better at all) than other stuff (to me) that gets me from A to B. Like with Tesla solar, Tesla solar is sorta worst than their competition in that department (no choice/flexibility and in some cases, not much/any cheaper). The other EV options can only get better from here, but I always find the "inferior product" I've seen people spout annoying when I don't see the competition as inferior personally.

I guess good for me not even wanting a Tesla to start with and this is pre-Elon Twitter craziness.
I wouldn't buy any EV that used high-power (nickel) pouch cells. Too dangerous in my opinion, still safer than ICE.

Taycan - park in garage or you'll void warranty
BMWs - forget which one - no good for long distances (Bjorn, two faulty press cars or a slow charging feature?)
Ioniq 5 - see quite a few around, together with Kia / other stablemate - is it LG pouch?
Mach-E - have they fixed the regen/bricking & other problems such as contactors?

Yup,
good China numbers
good CPI
Elon even selling SpaceX equity (so no more Tesla sale)
... yet we dipped to red ...