Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this doesn't get removed as Elon was directly addressing Tesla shareholders.

Not sure if this was discussed already, but what do you think Elon meant by this? I'm having a hard time thinking about how Tesla shareholders could ever benefit.
it's Elons way of saying sorry for dumping more shares. No current value.
+Elon;s n a tight spot with debtors, but he is not using all options available to him, just dumping shares in open has caused damage - he should atleast try something else.

Last edited:
Note that most of the new cars bought in Belgium are company cars. The private market consists mostly of second hand cars.

Please allow me to correct myself with actual data:
It is estimated that 670K cars in Belgium are company cars (De netelige kwestie van het aantal bedrijfswagens in België - Brussels Studies Institute).
With a typical lease time of 4 years this is about 170K new company cars per year.
From 2026 on, practically all of these new company cars will be EV (not hybrid) because of the tax reasons mentioned above.
In 2021, 22K of all new cars in Belgium were EV’s (Inschrijving motorvoertuigen | Statbel)
So this new tax rule will cause the number of EV’s sold in Belgium to go 8x just by the company cars alone in 5 years time. So not counting cars bought by private persons, or by companies for purposes other than to provide a form of salary to their employees.
Typically there are around 500K new cars sold every year in Belgium.

Moderator:

Consider this post as a plea. A holiday gift to your Moderator….and your fellow posters.

I chose to name this - and its once-annual predecessor threads - “Roundtable” as a nod to the worthy, eagerly-anticipated flagship set of interviews Barron’s would publish each quarter. A perspicacious, highly insightful yet extremely wide-ranging and often light-hearted discussion between a handful of the investment industry’s leading lights (sad fact: I never made the cut, and my father was retired from the trenches by the time Barron’s began it).

Unlike its namesake, this venue is, of course, open to all. But once again, I ask that in addition to occasional banter in which I certainly also love engaging, you confine your presentations to ones that give new, worthwhile, thought-provoking ones. If you have something to add, by all means, write it. At the same time, if you disagree with another, have the courtesy both to that poster AS WELL AS the rest of this community to present why you think otherwise.

Perhaps, although I am not holding my breath, this platform’s “thumb down” policy will change. As I have written before, I disdain its use, period, and those of you who make use of it more than sparingly are highly correlated with those whose opinions I value least. Consider that as we wind down this annus horribilis.

On edit - I had meant to include a reference to a cringingly ignorant and useless post from the wee hours of today, as an example. I left it up as an example of what should never appear in this thread. I’ll not link it, but it’s easy enough to locate by the highly visible bold green addendum now attached to it.

Full on China production... whatever happened to the two week shutdown rumors - like just last week?
New theory... parts arrived. There could have been a backup plan to shutdown for maintenance or upgrades, but suppliers and covid relaxing in China changed the direction back to full on China. Just a theory on the hardest puzzle ever.

At this point these seem like self-inflicted wounds to me, tbh. Other CEOs run their respective companies without stress testing shareholders every other week and putting their family in danger. Its not rocket science.
Right … other CEOs aren‘t CEO of three major companies simultaneously, haven’t started a major AI non profit (OpenAI), haven’t launched two other long term possibly revolutionary companies (Boring and Neuralink), and aren’t serial entrepreneurs (Zip 2 and PayPal). Other CEOs also aren’t the richest person on the earth.

Elon is very, very unique. Whats the point of criticizing him?

So two months now of non-stop FUD spread by not just Rueter....ahem..."others" as well. Hope they're happy with themselves. Rueter's you expect this type of crap fun. The others, need to get off their high horse.

Seems like the last two weeks of slowdown in weekly China registrations was more due to Covid preventing deliveries to occur + Tesla was shipping local deliveries to other parts of China so that they can be delivered by end of the Dec.
It’s Dislike,
NOT,
What I gave your post .
You are a spot on .
For the others , their mission accomplished for this quarter in suppressing the stock and now they can start raising their estimates and keep begging for patrons .

Reactions: StarFoxisDown!
Right … other CEOs aren‘t CEO of three major companies simultaneously, haven’t started a major AI non profit (OpenAI), haven’t launched two other long term possibly revolutionary companies (Boring and Neuralink), and aren’t serial entrepreneurs (Zip 2 and PayPal). Other CEOs also aren’t the richest person on the earth.

He is unique, no question. He is not infallible, and we aren't doing him - or us - any favors by thinking otherwise and withholding what is potentially valid criticism.

I'm not criticizing him, at least not in the post you replied to. What I'm saying is there are actions and reactions. Elon is not receiving death threats for being the CEO of 3 companies. We all know the reason why. It's not right but the point is he's receiving death threats for something outside the scope of a CEO's duties. Something that he intentionally engages in. He's also not having to sell stocks because he's the CEO of TSLA and SpaceX, the former of which we have huge interest in.

Last edited:
Full on China production... whatever happened to the two week shutdown rumors - like just last week?
New theory... parts arrived. There could have been a backup plan to shutdown for maintenance or upgrades, but suppliers and covid relaxing in China changed the direction back to full on China. Just a theory on the hardest puzzle ever.
Wish the FUD was nipped in the bud last week. (they tried).
Could also be unexpected EOY surge based on price drops, +reopening etc .

Last edited:
Reactions: SOULPEDL
CZ appearing on CNBC was questioned about the source of the 500 million investment in T****** by his company. His answer was fees.

EM may be happy to have some cash in the event this investor wants to exit. YMMV

Um, investors in a private company can “want” to exit all they want, but it matters zero to the company. CZ can sell his entire Twitter stake for $1 to anyone (me, I’ll take it!), and it makes no difference to the company or even to other shareholders.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MikeC
Moderator:

Consider this post as a plea. A holiday gift to your Moderator….and your fellow posters.

I chose to name this - and it’s once-annual predecessor threads - “Roundtable” as a nod to the worthy, eagerly-anticipated flagship set of interviews Barron’s would publish each quarter. A perspicacious, highly insightful yet extremely wide-ranging and often light-hearted discussion between a handful of the investment industry’s leading lights (sad fact: I never made the cut, and my father was retired from the trenches by the time Barron’s began it).

Unlike its namesake, this venue is, of course, open to all. But once again, I ask that in addition to occasional banter in which I certainly also love engaging, you confine your presentations to ones that give new, worthwhile, thought-provoking ones. If you have something to add, by all means, write it. At the same time, if you disagree with another, have the courtesy both to that poster AS WELL AS the rest of this community to present why you think otherwise.

Perhaps, although I am not holding my breath, this platform’s “thumb down” policy will change. As I have written before, I disdain its use, period, and those of you who make use of it more than sparingly are highly correlated with those whose opinions I value least. Consider that as we wind down this annus horribilis.
Agreed @AudubonB! To put 4 paragraphs into a single sentence, even though you may disagree with someone (vehemently even), that's no reason to call them nasty names!

I hope this doesn't get removed as Elon was directly addressing Tesla shareholders.

Not sure if this was discussed already, but what do you think Elon meant by this? I'm having a hard time thinking about how Tesla shareholders could ever benefit.
Yes this was brought up but it’s not obvious what he means here. Some people think a future-profitable T** could buy TSLA as an investment 🤷‍♂️. My guess is the goal might be to abate the perpetuation of unsubstantiated FUD somehow. Maybe he doesn’t even know right now. I at least appreciate the sentiment.