Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, this is good... I say let's dock the Roadster in orbit for the imagery! "Need a lift? Hop in!"

"If Russia fails to launch another Soyuz, NASA may tap on SpaceX, a regular client of the space agency."

So they government is pretty much saying the only way a car classifies as an SUV is if it has 3 rows.

Sure hope Tesla has the supplies for the 3rd row variant. If so, I predict practically all trims will be for the 3rd row except for the newly introduced standard range Y that will come in under 55k.

For everyone else like Ford, they’re screwed. The Mach E can’t fit a 3rd row. It would have to be completely redesigned.

Edit: actually
I smell a lawsuit coming from not just Tesla but Ford and other auto makers. Can’t have the ID 4 getting the SUV classification while the 2 row Y and Mach E don’t qualify. Not sure what the government is thinking here. They’re just opening themselves up to lawsuits

A quick intermezzo (if I'm allowed on this sub)
Was looking for keywords Tesla, $7500 subsidies, seats, engineering.
Found a job description for a software engineer, specifically for seats(?). Following paragraph:

Today’s seating commodities include structures, mechanisms, actuators, cushions, wire harnesses, controllers, sensors, software, trims and so on. However, future seating solutions are not limited to these. Progression is targeted. A seat can be defined as a product which enables comfortable support for vehicular occupants. In some sense, a seat can be viewed as a moving robotic structural art piece.

Speculation: Robotaxi related? Future Tesla seats can be transformed to a bed?

Maybe we should stop posting how IRA helps Tesla so much $$$, only to learn how they changed it. We now have this undetermined period in Q1 just so Senators can learn how batteries are made, where on earth they come from, and gather any more ideas how to help GM and some others before bailout checks are written. :rolleyes: I wouldn't be surprised if the whole idea spun from GM in having no ZEV credits remaining, but who knows.

Meanwhile, Tesla stated they didn't think any EV credit was necessary. And why would they? All OEMs are trying best they can to switch to EVs. There is no bigger stick than to watch Tesla take away your only market in an accelerated fashion. Even Ford has a sizable backlog of the Lightning. It's an ICE bailout, and if Tesla stands to gain more, you better believe this bill will get modified, or will be tested hard.

And why would anyone care about where "some" minerals come from? Is this an attempt to stir emotions regarding slave labor on cobalt... that I keep hearing about from some friends? Meanwhile, how long have Li batteries been around and suddenly now they all care?

Scrap the IRA, go bareback and hang-on tight! It seems designed to bring false hope and drive down TSLA once clarified. Just like over estimating P&D, same effect. Do you really think people are adding TSLA because of the IRA???
One of the prime uses of cobalt is in the refining of gas and diesel. They hate to hear that.

If they want to drive a vehicle that doesn’t utilize cobalt in some way tell them they need to buy a an SR 3 or Y. 😊

For everyone else like Ford, they’re screwed. The Mach E can’t fit a 3rd row. It would have to be completely redesigned.
Yup

26CB4177-B653-4151-83C5-69659BA6B4C5.jpeg

Oh, this is good... I say let's dock the Roadster in orbit for the imagery! "Need a lift? Hop in!"

"If Russia fails to launch another Soyuz, NASA may tap on SpaceX, a regular client of the space agency."

I heard two of the American astronauts didn't want to return on Crew Dragon because Elon Tweeted something they didn't think was appropriate. Crew Dragon is developing a demand problem. 🤪 /s

So they government is pretty much saying the only way a car classifies as an SUV is if it has 3 rows.

Sure hope Tesla has the supplies for the 3rd row variant. If so, I predict practically all trims will be for the 3rd row except for the newly introduced standard range Y that will come in under 55k.

I smell a lawsuit coming from not just Tesla but Ford and other auto makers. Can’t have the ID 4 getting the SUV classification while the 2 row Y and Mach E don’t qualify. Not sure what the government is thinking here. They’re just opening themselves up to lawsuits
Or intentionally causing more FUD, emphasis on Uncertainty.

Seems like each manufacturer was graded on it's own curve based on their product lineup. Whatever, though, it's still EXCELLENT news for Tesla.

Seems like each manufacturer was graded on it's own curve based on their product lineup. Whatever, though, it's still EXCELLENT news for Tesla.
I don’t know how that works legally though. The government can’t change the criteria for individual auto makers. There’s zero justification for it, it can easily be considered favoritism by the government, and they would 💯 be sued for this and they’ll have no good reason for doing it in the first place

I don’t know how that works legally though. The government can’t change the criteria for individual auto makers. There’s zero justification for it, it can easily be considered favoritism by the government, and they would 💯 be sued for this and they’ll have no good reason for doing it in the first place
Agree I see lawsuits coming as the inconsistency isn't right. However, better to have the current classification for Tesla rather than having them try to fight to get the correct classification.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1