Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not a strong argument. Do analysts ask Rivian about Amazon's future plans? "Because Elon" isn't a good answer. They are separate entities.
“Because Elon” is a total straw man of what I actually said, but also it actually is a good reason too. Tesla and Boring are not entirely separate entities. Tesla’s marketing and talent recruitment strategy revolves almost entirely around social media, the community, and Elon himself. There is clear overlap in the discussions around all of Elon’s companies and if another one of his companies has notably good things happen that get buzz going, it comes back to Tesla indirectly in all kinds of ways.

The original question was whether we might hear about driverless operation in the Vegas Loop on a Tesla call. This would be the first truly useful robotaxi application in the world and has profound implications for Tesla.

It matters that Tesla is the sole vehicle supplier to Boring Co. There’s the marketing aspect of having the only vehicles in what is soon to be the world’s premier new mass transit system, and there’s the fact that this indirectly indicates that no other potential robotaxis are under consideration for Loops right now. It also affects possible design of the Tesla robotaxi. Will it be designed with Loop integration in mind? I suspect it will be.

View attachment 893968
Big cities like Bangkok seem to have adequate lane sizes on the main routes. Off-roading in rural areas might be handy.

Thailand has the world's deadliest roads - mainly due to motorbiking with no helmets though. Tesla's are very safe, I could see a demand, but the masses need something really cheap.
This is a fake image, no one in Asia stays within the line markers...

Folks should remember that original reports in March 2021 were that the Gigapress for CT was an 8,000T unit:

Check Out Tesla's Cybertruck Giga Press: It Exerts A Mammoth 8,000 Tons | InsideEVs (Mar 19, 2021)

Tesla’s first 8k-ton Giga Press for Cybertruck production showcased in new video

It's possible Tesla had the 8,000 ton Gigapress, while not yet in use for production since other factors seem to be in the critical path (ie: 4680 cell production ramp).

That means the new 9,000 Ton Gigapress delivered to Giga Texas last week could be for the Gen 3 car, and another 9Kt Gigapress is planned for Tesla China's Gen 3 product.

I expect we'll know more after March 1st... ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

Huh, well ain't that food for thought...

I’ve been actively looking for solutions. Purely searching the web and looking at top sites linked by Google, here is what I find. I’ll update on what I find out as I’m getting quotes etc.
- Most sites list Tesla, Generac, Panasonic, LG systems.
- Most OEMs and installers are pushing for solar + battery backup. Very difficult to find info on just battery backup.
- Prices are similar. About $10k for ~10 kWh system. So called cheaper solutions are just not easy to find, infact I have not found any yet.
- Ecoflow seems to be popular among non- big brands, but still about the same price.
- SolarEdge has terrible reviews (2.5/5 !)

Good to know i blindly went with Tesla for my new powerwall and my system will be ~$8700 installed after tax credit

A lot like buying an EV ... you can go with Tesla or suffer the consequences of poor decision making 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I'm not sure this story passes the sniff test. Why would IDRA group send a 9,000 ton gigapress from Italy to China when their owners, LK Tech, are based in China? One-off rush job? Why not build the 9Kt press in Ningbo? It's only 230 km by road to Giga Shanghai.

LK Machinery | The World Premiere of Dreampress 9000-ton Giga Press die-casting machine | Apr 23, 2021

csm_Slider_Corp_LK_7fc968a485.jpg
Er .... not all factories have identical capabilitities.

(This seems something of a circular point to make, given the subject matter)

Reactions: Thekiwi
View attachment 893968
Big cities like Bangkok seem to have adequate lane sizes on the main routes. Off-roading in rural areas might be handy.

Thailand has the world's deadliest roads - mainly due to motorbiking with no helmets though. Tesla's are very safe, I could see a demand, but the masses need something really cheap.
I have a picture from the same intersection. Sukumvit in Bangkok.

A smaller CT would do great in Thailand. Lots of trucks but the traffic in and around Bankok is insane.

IMG-9005.JPG

Can we have Austin supply CT to whole world atleast for the 1st year ... production lines, tech, methods all need to be ironed out.

For industry which hasn't changed for ages, a single piece car would be like cookie cutter disruption ;)
Most likely CT will only ship in the US for the first year or two. This is why an Australian or European made Cybertruck is so appealing. We can gobble up all of the Cybertruck demand for a long time without Tesla having to deal with international logistics.