Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guidance for 1.8m units in 2023.

1674681067181.png

Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) reported quarterly earnings of $1.19 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $1.13 by 5.31 percent. This is a 40 percent increase over earnings of $0.85 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $24.32 billion which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $24.03 billion by 1.20 percent. This is a 37.24 percent increase over sales of $17.72 billion the same period last year.
Based on how 2022 went, really, really good numbers IMO. Obviously, my opinion does not matter, but the future is def bright!

In the midst of all the excitement over Q4 earnings, myself, @MartinAustin , and @Gigapress found time for a tiny Tesla Investor meetup in Austin last evening. In true Tesla fashion, we supped near a Tesla showroom, with at least one of us parked at the Superchargers nearby.
Much was discussed, including but not limited to the oft-undervalued longevity of Tesla vehicles, and demonstrated by MartinAustin's 2013 Model S with well over 250k miles on it - original battery and all. A lot of discussion about the possible and expected synergy with Boring Loop(s) and Tesla's lead in autonomy, combining with their lowest-cost-per-mile solution and all that implies about the future of *clean and cheap* city mobility and who might dominate it. For humor, there was some (only semiserious) gnashing of teeth over my partner's buying the "discounted" 2022 Model Y, 2 weeks before the big Jan price drop. Hey - she did her part for Q4, still excited about the free SC miles.
We all expected Model Y to be best selling car on earth shortly-- possibly there already by TTM measurement. Further discussion of the excellent, low-debt high-cash-flow financial condition of the company and the discovery of the exciting news about Giga Nevada implying a LOT more 4680's in our future helped to round out the fine and rewarding conversation.
Martin and Giga, please feel free to add your own touches.

IMO : HODL FTW (NotInvestmentAdvice)