Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Commerical vehicle will definitely be a van. Calling it now. That form factor would also serve well as a Robotaxi in some markets and perhaps in some tunnels...
Modular cyber vehicle that can be a van or hatchback or robotaxi with a few tweaks. Design was made with robotaxi in mind so it’ll be hella basic / ugly / low cost to make, but because of the cyber form factor they can get away with it.

For humor, there was some (only semiserious) gnashing of teeth over my partner's buying the "discounted" 2022 Model Y, 2 weeks before the big Jan price drop. Hey - she did her part for Q4, still excited about the free SC miles.

Potential price drops after purchase of a new car are the same dynamic facing an investor whenever they buy shares in any company. I deal with it the same way; look at what you're buying, what the price is, and whether the value the value is there or not. Whether shares in a company or a new car, you are not buying to sell tomorrow, so potential price drops that are unknowable at the time of purchase don't really matter, hindsight is 20/20. Even though it could be argued that you might have guessed lower prices might be coming, there is no point in crying (or gnashing teeth) over spilt milk.

I'm just heartened that Tesla prices are back in the zone where they feel like a good deal again. Everyone will draw that line at a different place but, in the middle of 2022, even though they were objectively a good deal relative to what else could be purchased in the auto market, the entire market seemed absent anything that could really be called a good deal, especially on the ICE side of things, and EV's were slim pickings. Now, a new Model 3 and Model Y do feel like good deals once again, even if they will cost even less in 5 more years.

So which factory might produce Optimus?

I think this may be a hint

View attachment 899858
Son of a b*, it’s right there in plain sight.

1674691541261.png

Hopefully efficient enough to have better range than the ID.Buzz.
A couple of earnings calls ago Elon already said that the robotaxi platform would be build to accommodate a flexible interior.
I think smaller outside and much more efficient. Maybe 50 kWh battery? They’ve done casting on the Model Y, folding on the Cybertruck.

Next obvious construction method is inflation.

So to summarize: the big questions were answered: no there is no demand problem, no there is no margin problem, and yes something new is coming. Seems to correspond to the AH price movement.
In less than a month we're up 50% from the intra-day low in early January.
Spare a thought for the Tesla Economist. What price did he sell out at I wonder