Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As it is the weekend after a very successful week lets ponder the mission.

Deadline is Jan 31. "You can't take blood from a stone." Climate change and water in the Colorado River.

I will be surpised if what was announced at Sparks, isn't repeated at Austin, Berlin and North East US / East Canada.

Yes I mean another 100 GWh for Austin, but LFP in addition to the existing 100 GWh of Nickel.

100 GWh of new cells, and more Megapacks, all the ducks seem to be lining up for a rapid acceleration of the mission, provided we can get that Lithium duck in line.

That's the coolest thing about EV's, they can run on whatever is available at the moment, coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydro, geo-thermal, wind, solar, or a mix of whatever you have available. In a pinch it can even run on propane, gas or diesel.

Show me a non-EV that can do all that and I'll buy it! That usually shuts them up...
I prefer to power mine off the tears of $TSLAQ, thank you very much!

What is your technique for rolling LEAPs?
I just roll my LEAPS frequently before they get very old, I'm almost paranoid that there are LEAPS that expire 5 - 10 months later than mine, that I want to roll mine out to the latest expiration date offered just for less risk.

Today, since TSLA seems to be rising, I bought June 2025 Strike $240 LEAPS, then did a sell order for my January 2025 strike $300 and $200 LEAPS at a few dollars over the Last EX for the January 2025 strike 300 leaps. Though I didn't buy the later expiration LEAPS for the same as I sold my older LEAPS like @Papafox somehow manages to do, I felt like I'm still a little ahead in the exchange, and I sleep better nights knowing there's more time till expiration.

I'd buy some farther OTM strikes if they were available; their lower Delta making them cheaper initially, they'll make that up as Delta grows, essentially a sort of leverage assuming stock price rises, of course, over the next 18 - 29 months. If not, I'll keep rolling them.

My LEAPS were recently worth 1/10 of their all-time-high value (sniff) - but 10x my initial investment (YAY!)... Might just be Dunning-Kruger in action, but I feel good about what I'm doing, keeping it simple with my limited option knowledge.

Sorry so slow replying, @CHGolferJim .

Not advice.

Edit- To my way of thinking, maintaining more time before expiration = a longer ladder to bridge the un-seeable crevasses.

Last edited:
Have a great weekend folks, we have earned it.

Also, CNN can't help themselves.
1674861883503.png

That's the coolest thing about EV's, they can run on "electricity from" whatever is available at the moment, coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydro, geo-thermal, wind, solar, or a mix of whatever you have available. In a pinch it can even run on propane, gas or diesel.

Show me a non-EV that can do all that and I'll buy it! That usually shuts them up...
FTFY

View attachment 900507
So Farley thinks that dealer network is an asset and not a burden!! 🤣🤣

Elon Musk has made so many big mistakes.

First he bet on a kind of car that no one wanted, ones powered by batteries. Ha ha.

Then he decided to bet against dealer networks by running his own delivery/service centers. Just dumb.

Then he chose to put into production a big, high-end luxury car that less than 5% of the car market could afford. What was he thinking?

Worse, it was sedan, a body style with a shrinking market share. Bad move. Ford could have told him sedans were not profitable.

Then he built a worldwide DC fast charging network that the company could not afford. He wastes money on customers as if they actually matter.

Then, when going into high volume production, he again blundered by choosing another unpopular sedan style that only rich people could afford.

Then he came out with a car that was guaranteed to crush sales of his other mass-market car because it looked just like it and was bigger inside. Foolish.

He announced an 18-wheeler that violated the rules of physics by running on batteries. Is this guy on crack? It will never work.

He unveiled a pickup truck so ugly it disrespects America. It's so out of touch with reality no one will want it. Elon is stoned on drugs. He doesn't understand pick-up buyers and how traditional they are.

He scares all his buyers off by tweeting bad politics. No one likes him anymore and they will refuse to buy his poorly made wares anymore.

Last quarter he may have had record sales but he will be unable to service all those cars because he has no dealership service network. Big mistake.

The end is near, Ford Dealers are caring, understanding people, unlike that Elon Musk. That means they will prove their loyalty to Ford by refusing the temptation to continuing to add on thousands in Dealership markups. Remember, you are part of a team and that is more valuable than $40k per truck pure profit.

That Elon, he'll find out what a mistake he made.