Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are referring to Elon & Twitter , it is currently open for business. It was temporarily closed, not because of criticism of Elon, but because of totally toxic behavior towards each others' postings. Exactly what the moderators here don't want coming back here. (Note: I moderate here on a very part time basis, very busy at work, but don't have power over that thread.)
Oh boy. The irony here is the lower the stock goes, the least likely you can retire so you can moderate the forum at a time when people are the most toxic towards each other.

Compare: NVDA and TSLA...

Can someone please explain? (silly or reasonable answers only)

Not that I believe them, but I think the argument would be that NVDA's growth is certain, but Tesla can't keep it up because "the competition is coming". NVDA is not compared to a bunch of low margin dinosaur companies that can barely survive each economic downturn because of wasteful spending, unions etc.

Tesla has a credibility gap as well. That won't go away until either the CT and Semi are fully ramped, or FSD really proves itself.

Oh boy. The irony here is the lower the stock goes, the least likely you can retire so you can moderate the forum at a time when people are the most toxic towards each other.
Ha. I came out of retirement to do a startup with some of the smartest people I know. It's doing just fine, but like all startups, a lot of work to go around. Retirement is for the birds.

LoL. Those who thinks HW4 will be SOOO MUCH better than HW 3. Seems like Tesla has a prime directive to cut cost, secondary to better performance.

The cameras are immediately higher quality, that will help along with the High-resolution Radar.

More cameras are likely coming too on the bumpers etc, I bet it will be a $$$ upgrade down the line for cars being produced right now with the HW4 computer and wiring harnesses etc but without the cameras in the new locations.

Reactions: GhostSkater
Not that I believe them, but I think the argument would be that NVDA's growth is certain, but Tesla can't keep it up because "the competition is coming". NVDA is not compared to a bunch of low margin dinosaur companies that can barely survive each economic downturn because of wasteful spending, unions etc.

Tesla has a credibility gap as well. That won't go away until either the CT and Semi are fully ramped, or FSD really proves itself.
Nvda has a ton of competition and the bear argument is the world may pull what BTC have done, which is to transition off Nvidia's hardware because they charge stupid money. We already know if Dojo works, then Tesla will eventually put an end to buying Nvidia once they fully transition the compiler from Cuda to Dojo. So their biggest competitor are their clients(what happens with years of price gouging) with AMD and some other players chipping away.

Nvda has a ton of competition and the bear argument is the world may pull what BTC have done, which is to transition off Nvidia's hardware because they charge stupid money. We already know if Dojo works, then Tesla will eventually put an end to buying Nvidia once they fully transition the compiler from Cuda to Dojo. So their biggest competitor are their clients(what happens with years of price gouging) with AMD and some other players chipping away.
I'm not the one you have to convince. ;) I think they are overvalued currently, for the reasons you mentioned.

Compared to current HW3. You are saying HW4 @ 2x zoom can't really see any better than a purposely made narrow zoom on HW3.
I'm saying putting 4x the resolution (really 4.5x) on the original 150m 50 degree FoV main camera gives it angular resolution that surpasses the original 250m 35 degree FoV narrow view camera.

And if they zoomed the main in slightly, it would be even finer.
upload_2020-4-25_20-35-6.png

No TACC? Does that mean good old fashioned “dumb” cruise control where I can relax knowing that there will be no phantom braking under any circumstances thus not risk getting rear ended by the tailgaters in my world? Where do I sign up?

Edit: Guess TACC is back, I missed out…
…and on my usual Ottawa-Guelph-Ottawa run (return leg today), the bright sun was casting (leafless) tree shadows perpendicular to the direction of the road (Hwy 7 in the Perth ON area) and the predictable phantom braking events happened about half a dozen times today. After 4.75 years, this car is still scared of perpendicular tree shadows…

Compare: NVDA and TSLA...

Can someone please explain? (silly or reasonable answers only)
  • TSLA has a new factory in Mexico which can fill lots of orders from South and North America, and two other factories are on phase of increasing production.
  • TSLA has a cybertruck, NVDA makes gpus that people use to play games based on the cybertruck.
  • People returning to work in cars, not using their home gaming station with NVIDIA GPU cards.
  • TSLA making robots to fill in and speed up manual labor in factories, NVIDIA chips used to make CGI of said robots
  • TSLA using AI and GAN (maybe?) to improve safety for humans in cars, NVIDIA finding out if chatgpt can provide a software solution to undermine their GPU business
  • TSLA getting EV incentives for their cars, NVIDIA GPU cards are not likely to be upgraded on business computers because businesses have margins and bottom lines, unlike home gaming users
  • TSLA getting incentives for existing charging network, NVIDIA getting incentives for new North American factory(ies)?

Rinse and repeat:

2 for 1 now. Writes an article about the crash, then writes an article about the investigation of the crash.

Maybe they can get a 3 for 1 if the car is on AP. A 4 for 1 if the family wants to sue, and 5 for 1 if there's a recall about something AP related but unrelated to this event.