Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worth watching on Tesla Mexico, and everything else...

Two new takeaways for those who are uptodate with some of the beans he has spilled on twitter.

1. Goal of production for Model Y is 1 every 45 sec (5376 cars per week)
Berlin is at 55 sec (4398 cars per week)
Texas is at 75 sec (3225 cars per week)
Shanghai is at 37 seconds (6598 cars per week)

2. For Chinese new years, they were thinking about keeping the factory open, however they took a survey and 80% of the workers would like to have this new years off, hence the factory shut down. Many were speculating it's due to a lack of demand.

If there are any Lego fans here. This is a new design suggestion that can be voted on to possibly made into a retail set.

Welcome to Tesla Centers today the world is changing and electric vehicles are arriving on our roads to give way to ecology, it seems to me necessary to build this set. Your children will also be able to build it and have fun with the set. Inspired by current tesla centers and suitable for modular. So that it fits perfectly into the already existing set. The set consists of a space dedicated to the sale of Tesla vehicles with the seller and its color palette wall to personalize its Tesla vehicle as well as a space for the technician with 2 garage doors that can be opened thanks to a rolling door system so that cars can enter the technical center and carry out maintenance or updating the vehicle

With its 3 superchargers in the parking spaces dedicated to electric vehicles, it will allow up to 3 cars to be charged at the same time.

This set also includes 4 vehicles: a Model Y, two Model S and a Cybertruck. It's an amazing opportunity for Lego enthusiasts and Tesla fans to build their own detailed and functional hub.

Not really. Tesla has done it once, only once. Then they had no EU factory. Once Germany had a factory coming the stopped. These tactics happen when there si not enough volume to support a full factory and duties/processes are too difficult to allow direct imports in volume.

No maker does this when volumes can support a local factory.
From Boeing to Volkswagen they're done to minimize import restrictions and/or duties.
That's it!

Tesla now has enough volume that such choices will probably happen precisely for those same reasons.
Don't overthink it. It's all about avoiding impediments.
WE are agreeing. right? And from memory it seemed that there were mitigating circumstances that FORCED elon to set up off site production. In Nevada it was most likely to fill some government incentive issue...and overseas it was to avoid VAT?

Reactions: unk45
Mod: It is quite appropriate to post positive and negative opinions here, so long as they are appropriately on-subject. However the Mods will continue to insist that the tone of such posts must be civil and collegial. We've noticed a recent up-tick in borderline hostile postings, which often breed more of the same. So tone it down, please. --ggr

Assuming you're serious. High credit ratings do correlate closely with actual loss rates.

That much simpler explanation is quite plausible in a dealer model. Tesla does not do that. The "get 'em done" crowd is almost invariably associated with only two categories:
1) walk in customers with poor credit. Tesla has very few real walk ins. Further the poor credits invariably want instant delivery, not a Tesla market.
2) Expensive but generic vehicles. Fully Optioned pickups as an example. There are many of them.

Tesla simply does not have much activity from these categories.

To visualize that I suggest visiting your local Tesla store on a weekend, followed by your local Chevrolet, Ford or Hyundai store. Look at the customers, the salespeople and the F&I desk (Hint: don't look to long for that in your Tesla store, there isn't one).

Those two visits will show you visually why your suggestion actually does not work.
That is indeed a common question. It's answered index and visually in stores/dealers.
The F&I desk at an auto-dealership has more to do with trying to con people into buying overpriced options and insurance than actually financing vehicles. As far as I know, most Teslas are sold online and financing is done well before they get to the dealership, so what Tesla has at the shop is kind of irrelevant. Even if you buy the car in the store, I think you end up doing much of the process online.

I don’t know that Tesla does it, but shuffling customers over to alternative financing is trivial and Tesla could do it online almost transparently, does not require a big desk or a “Finance Officer”.

Not to sound like a broken record... but this would be a good time IMO to burn some hair. The puts just keep stacking on 180 but seem to be having a problem getting there... today anyway.

This place is has really changed. Tesla has the best solution on the planet, for the planet, and leads the rest by nearly 2 generations of Factory tech, pricing, and growth - yes growth! I'm fully aware of the pressure on growth stocks from the Fed. Still no change in valuation from me. Sadly, we are left with either FUD or solid investors that only HODL and probably ignore. Maybe gave up talking about it.

Common folks, have some fun, look alive. This seems like a battle for 180 and nobody seems to notice? Battle worn maybe... some lost friends... am I'm missing something? When was the Burnt Hair perfume suppose to come out, was it March?

View attachment 915440
I'm not sure people want to hear me EVERY time it drops and I say "buying opportunity" (yes, I did buy again today, and will tomorrow if it stays low). I think the $180 SP is pretty funny, honestly, especially after investors day and the compelling plan they've described. There's only so much to say when the market is irrational in between earnings reports (and even around earnings reports, but at least its a chance to correct). The constant FUD isn't really anything new for those of us who have invested over the years (though some details, like "steering wheels are falling off!" are new), and now that we've chewed the cud on Investor's Day, we're back to panic/pessimism vs optimism/confidence in fundamentals. I've already said my piece about demand, I won't rehash that again until the situation changes.

Over the past year I've been adding and not selling, but I may take some profits when it randomly and erratically jumps up the next time. Hopefully at the next earnings report, definitely at some point between now and the end of 2023. I haven't "played" for a while, so I'll get back into selling a tiny % of my shares on a big spike (15-25% or something) - and if I miss out and it doesn't drop enough to buy back in, at least I will have made more $ than it sitting in a GIC for a year. If TSLA stays low, I'll sell some Canadian positions if I need any extra cash - our central bank is not as inflammatory and has been calmer lately.

I don't know if this is interesting to anyone, but you asked for activity, this is my plan for fun! 😉

Edit: Cheers to those contributing to interesting and verified data or those making interesting/logical connections - it does make this place more fun and meaningful!

Last edited:
If there are any Lego fans here. This is a new design suggestion that can be voted on to possibly made into a retail set.

Must be Alpha... no windshield wiper and outside mirrors. ;)

legacy

As I've posted here previously, one local Mitsubishi dealer in my home town normally stocks ~20 used Teslas, off lease 2019's and now some 2020's. About a week after the big Tesla price drop in January, they dropped the price off of all the Teslas on their lot by over $10,000. Avg. price currently is $30k...
Leskovar Mitsubishi? Lowest price for a used Tesla is $30K, not average price.

Edit: Average is ~$40,800 for the 14 vehicles shown (8 M3, 2 MY, 3 MS, 1 MX).

Last edited:
Not to sound like a broken record... but this would be a good time IMO to burn some hair. The puts just keep stacking on 180 but seem to be having a problem getting there... today anyway.

This place is has really changed. Tesla has the best solution on the planet, for the planet, and leads the rest by nearly 2 generations of Factory tech, pricing, and growth - yes growth! I'm fully aware of the pressure on growth stocks from the Fed. Still no change in valuation from me. Sadly, we are left with either FUD or solid investors that only HODL and probably ignore. Maybe gave up talking about it.

Common folks, have some fun, look alive. This seems like a battle for 180 and nobody seems to notice? Battle worn maybe... some lost friends... am I'm missing something? When was the Burnt Hair perfume suppose to come out, was it March?

View attachment 915440
Same old song and dance. Not in our power to affect. Not enough people care. Not enough honest people exist. Too many people flogging nonsense and pretending they have good intentions.

Tesla is pretty much on its own and The Mountain calls.

Leskovar Mitsubishi? Lowest price for a used Tesla is $30K, not average price.

Yes Lescovar. 2019 M3SR+'s range from 28 to 32, have been higher and lower. Avg. was meant for 3's and off the top of my head, didn't put it into Excel first. My point was they lowered their prices substantially, several times in fact, and recently they raised it by a grand on several of them.

Cant reply to that thread any longer. We arent allowed to be critical of Elon.
If you are referring to Elon & Twitter , it is currently open for business. It was temporarily closed, not because of criticism of Elon, but because of totally toxic behavior towards each others' postings. Exactly what the moderators here don't want coming back here. (Note: I moderate here on a very part time basis, very busy at work, but don't have power over that thread.)

Yes Lescovar. 2019 M3SR+'s range from 28 to 32, have been higher and lower. Avg. was meant for 3's and off the top of my head, didn't put it into Excel first. My point was they lowered their prices substantially, several times in fact, and recently they raised it by a grand on several of them.
Because I'm bored, I decided to pedantically support your argument. One of the averages is indeed ~30k.

Model 3 averages from this single dealership in the USA:
Mode: $29,998
Median: $33,498
Mean: $35,498

I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time. 🥸

Edit: d'oh, that includes the M3Ps...

Last edited:
If you are referring to Elon & Twitter , it is currently open for business. It was temporarily closed, not because of criticism of Elon, but because of totally toxic behavior towards each others' postings. Exactly what the moderators here don't want coming back here. (Note: I moderate here on a very part time basis, very busy at work, but don't have power over that thread.)
WOW, after taking a peek, I need a shower! The name should be changed to Whining, Bitching, Moaning, Trolling, & Bashing Elon & Twitter. ☠️☠️☠️

2. For Chinese new years, they were thinking about keeping the factory open, however they took a survey and 80% of the workers would like to have this new years off, hence the factory shut down. Many were speculating it's due to a lack of demand.
How cool is that! A company that listens to their employees. Well deserved - it'll pay back in spades.

Huh, I call that Third Eye Blind. It's only got 2 of 3 cameras being used (windshield) in Cybertruck.

Reactions: AZRI11 and jerry33