Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed, that is $344k per person as an average voluntary redundancy package. Rather sad when the average value of your top 58,000 people is that much negative ! These numbers make it very clear why that is :

View attachment 915792

Regarding that ICE cliff article in Cleantechnica, for a moonlighting management consultant he's not deploying the full set of models very well - as a minimum the odd history-matched S-curve is called for :) Perhaps s/he should be keeping up with things here :) Mind you I'm sure I remember some of the phrasing in his/her sentences.

View attachment 915796
Hmm :

To add, the same is about to happen in the broader energy space. You only have to look at this table for a moment to realise that fossils are tracking about 5-years behind ICE manufacturing. Guess what comes next ! The only real difference is that ICE vehicles tend to have a ~20 yr fleet active lifetime, whereas fossils tend to have a ~40 yr active generating life. But there comes a point where the alternative becomes so attractive that early retirement becomes unavoidable. We are very close to peak fossils.

1678396474135.png

Wait... there's money in journalism?
Oh... now I get it!
There's only $ if you have 2 versions that conflict each other so you are guaranteed to be right 50% of the time
It is kinda like a sports betting service, if the Lakers are playing the Celtics, The first caller is told to bet on the Lakers, the 2nd is told to bet on the Celtics, etc.
You will always have 1/2 of your picks right and those 1/2 that get them right will refer others to your service.

Probably more about the proposed US budget, which contains some bombshells particularly around capital gains and taxation (+ crypto treatment)

and/or labour numbers coming
The weather, ufo sightings, the war, the virus, the china housing market, what you had for dinner…… anything you can come up with. One thing for sure it has nothing to do with the value of companies.

There's only $ if you have 2 versions that conflict each other so you are guaranteed to be right 50% of the time
It is kinda like a sports betting service, if the Lakers are playing the Celtics, The first caller is told to bet on the Lakers, the 2nd is told to bet on the Celtics, etc.
You will always have 1/2 of your picks right and those 1/2 that get them right will refer others to your service.
Experienced at this?

True. But also, growing global (hi, BYD) competition will continue to close the gap and diminish the massive market share stranglehold that Tesla has had for the past several years. Tesla will still lead… but won’t be the only player in town like they’ve been used to being.

Add in the (over) valuation aspect of Tesla stock still, and is it realistic to expect the same astronomical growth that Tesla has experienced in the past?
Especially with the CEOs attention, focused more on the failing Twitter company?
Well BYD needs to first get their act together and actually penetrate the western market which is insanely hard to do. Also their software needs a lot of work. Here's an example of their ADAS system smashing into walls and not lane keep at all. They also score poorly in official standardized tests.

So the market is continuing to be spooked by inflation data, most anticipating tomorrow's job report to be hot. Sasha does a good job summarizing the state of event and the lag associated with the current CPI data. Shelter, being one of the major driver of CPI has a lag in which is spiking, reflecting on old data. Energy however is coming down and will be down big time in the next few print YOY as it spiked the highest during the initial days of the Ukraine war. He is expecting that to mitigate some of the shelter spike, but both will trend down nicely after a few months.

IMO the stock market will rally and begin the next bull run once the fed makes their terminal rate clearer. Currently it's the uncertainty of the terminal rate that is spooking the market as the market hates uncertainty.

Two perspectives I haven't seen posted. One of which doesn't need to be downvoted because you disagree. And the other is "uplifting.

First, the new red isn't new. It makes me think of Kia, not because it matches a color they had but just in the fact that Kia imitated the Mercedes look for so many years. And this new red looks like a copy of an old red.
The Midnight red in Europe does the opposite to me.

Second GM buying out their White collar sector is great news for the world in terms of everything. No one should be crapping on GM for this. It signifies that they recognise the old entrenched management is an anchor. On here we keep talking about starting fresh. Well this is about as fresh as anyone could imagine. Perhaps a shift to vertical integration...well some vertical integration.
And the second part of the buyout is how they are quickly going from ICE to EV (Barra may not be leading but dare I say it...she looks like she knows how to clean a house). This is a great sign that ICE pollution is going to rapidly drop. Be happy. Smile. Think about it.
(For once I focused on the positive?!)

Two perspectives I haven't seen posted. One of which doesn't need to be downvoted because you disagree. And the other is "uplifting.

First, the new red isn't new. It makes me think of Kia, not because it matches a color they had but just in the fact that Kia imitated the Mercedes look for so many years. And this new red looks like a copy of an old red.
The Midnight red in Europe does the opposite to me.

I don’t think anyone is claiming Tesla discovered a new color. It’s new to Tesla’s options and by most reports looks pretty hot. That’s all.

Second GM buying out their White collar sector is great news for the world in terms of everything. No one should be crapping on GM for this. It signifies that they recognise the old entrenched management is an anchor. On here we keep talking about starting fresh. Well this is about as fresh as anyone could imagine. Perhaps a shift to vertical integration...well some vertical integration.
And the second part of the buyout is how they are quickly going from ICE to EV (Barra may not be leading but dare I say it...she looks like she knows how to clean a house). This is a great sign that ICE pollution is going to rapidly drop. Be happy. Smile. Think about it.
(For once I focused on the positive?!)
If they hand picked who sticks around then maybe you could argue this is a tactical reduction. This seems like just a brute force RIF.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “How quickly they are going from ICE to EV”… their migration is stuck on the Bolt architecture LG handed them 6 years ago. Ultium seems to be a bust.

what is Jonas smoking now o_O limit cybertruck production ... come on
does he think there is another model pickup under the tarp ?

“It will change the look of the road” — Elon Musk

“With Cybertruck we designed a vehicle that started with the manufacturing process” — Franz Holzhausen

I’ve also heard Franz repeat Musk’s tag-line. Does this sound like the point of view of someone who plans on making a special low-volume vehicle?

My feeling is 180 degrees out from Morgan Stanly. Tesla plans on flooding the streets with these things and pricing them such that they are irresistible to truck buyers (aka near launch night pricing).

1.5 years after the start of production; GM is building 12, yes just TWELVE Hummers a day.

Elon could likely build more than that - himself personally, before lunch.

TL; DR: Mary continues to lead, and it continues to not matter.