Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is F***ing awesome!

SPACEX_ROCKET16_v3_WEB_READY_900x.png
Thanks a lot....another $175 on more toys....just what I need.

Yes, I ordered one 🤣 🚀

Lol, so you know that's "Chery" and not "Chevy", right? Here's the Chery EQ1 ("sweet-pink vehicle") which was launched in Nov 2021 to "to satisfy the higher travel demand for quality":

View attachment 929110

This Chery wrapper might be a Wuling Hong Guang MINI EV killer (like their passengers), but with only ~100km range and even slower charging, I honestly doubt it.

Should start a real price war down around the $5,000 price point though... $4,650? Look out below! :p

Cheers!
The EQ1 is sold in Brazil as the iCar: (note on URL: 'besouro' translates to English as 'beetle' just as the VW one was 'fascia', another beetle.)
I drove one. The best comparison might be the Fiat 500e, they are similar in capability. In short, if needs are short distances, parking only allows short cars...they can be excellent choices. They have nothing to do with typical North American use, but serve very dense urban environments.

It's unlikely that Tesla would ever have need to compete in this market, no more than electric tuk-tuk, micro delivery vehicles or electric bicycles. Those, however, are rapidly growing markets with many pretty good competitors.

Many of us really expect Tesla's next platforms to permit smaller suv, sedan and vans. Perhaps other variants that will be build in China, Mexico or other new factories.
For sure the coming products will be surprising.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted. Official list of vehicles getting the tax credit after April 18th.

Notable items.

-Missing the Model 3 Long range from the list.
-Mustang Mach-E is just $3750
-All the GM EV's getting the full credit of $7500.
-As has been pretty clear for a while the RWD model 3 only getting $3750.
Model 3 Long Range isnt for sale. I imagine that is the reason.

Not sure if this was posted. Official list of vehicles getting the tax credit after April 18th.

Notable items.

-Missing the Model 3 Long range from the list.
-Mustang Mach-E is just $3750
-All the GM EV's getting the full credit of $7500.
-As has been pretty clear for a while the RWD model 3 only getting $3750.
Also notable, no Rivian or Lucid or Cybertruck.

This is F***ing awesome!

SPACEX_ROCKET16_v3_WEB_READY_900x.png
Do I need this? Absolutely not.

Is it ridiculously expensive? Absolutely yes.

Of course I ordered one.