Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barrons:
When Tesla cuts prices - Demand problem, sky is falling. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
When BYD cuts prices - Brilliant! No demand problem, nothing but sunshine and rainbows.

When you are allowed to buy the car at the end of the lease you keep the equity. That is the whole argument, as been explained, Tesla keeps the equity. To be fair, Ford is not allowing you to keep their EV either. Why, I do not know, though you will loose money on a Ford lease.

You asked why do people lease, the same reason that Tesla is dropping prices on its vehicles, its what people can afford. I have leased for the past 12 years, and made money on every one. Dumb me.

It's not like these people don't know this up front. You want a Tesla lease, you get no buy-out option. Period, nuff said.

There is no slight of hand, not deceptions, it's just how Tesla leases operate. Don't like it, don't lease a Tesla.

Welcome 180 back again, goodbye 170's. Hopefully forever ;)
Don't speak too soon...timing of this is impeccable 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

1684508694876.png

I am quite perplexed about that. I, Tesla driver since 2012 and investor since 2013 with more shares than either of those have never been invited to any Tesla event, ever. So sad, all I have is all those shares, split and so very volatile, still with periodic steller rises that keep capital gains a potential issue, if I ever sell.

Neither Black nor Gerber act like HODL, but we do. I guess that’s why verbose bloggers and institutional types always are invited. They all love advertising, it’s good for their wallets even if bad for Tesla’s.
In order to get on the list, you have to give your brokerage account password. I suspect that you did't--good choice. I did, but only to the account that has a whole nine shares :) so not a lot to lose.

View attachment 939194

This has never ended well for those suing about "unintended acceleration". Particularly with Tesla.

The amount of data uploaded to the mothership on accidents is astounding. Tesla will be able to disclose in court video from all cameras of the incident, how much the guy weighs, how hard he was turning or not turning the steering wheel, how far and how long the accelerator is depressed, if he touched the brake pedal, etc. etc.

Simply another case of "wrong pedal pressed". Surprised Business Insider could not come up with something better. Scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I have a few friends who are business owners, and they all prefer leases. I believe it’s a tax accounting issue; it allows them to write off the entire cost of the vehicle as a business expense, while always having a relatively new vehicle.
Correct. Leasing makes a lot of sense for business. In addition to the tax issues, businesses usually have a known use case (e.g. the miles driven are the same from year to year) so there's no surprise payment required at the end of the lease. Consumers--not so much other than some professionals that can write off their car on taxes.

View attachment 939194
When are people going to finally realize they can't win this argument? Dozens have tried, dozens have lost.

For those not aware, Teslas (and probably most cars nowadays?) are designed with 2 opposing potentiometers (I think they are now Hall Effect sensors) in the accelerator pedal assembly. They must both simultaneously detect motion in opposite directions by the same amount in order for acceleration commands to go to the motor.

The chance of this happening randomly is basically zero. About as likely as the last time your computer failed to properly add 2 + 2.

When are people going to finally realize they can't win this argument? Dozens have tried, dozens have lost.

For those not aware, Teslas (and probably most cars nowadays?) are designed with 2 opposing potentiometers (I think they are now Hall Effect sensors) in the accelerator pedal assembly. They must both simultaneously detect motion in opposite directions by the same amount in order for acceleration commands to go to the motor.

The chance of this happening randomly is basically zero. About as likely as the last time your computer failed to properly add 2 + 2.
preemptive /s
Nah, much more believable that:
Driver took foot off brake
Car started moving uncontrollably
Driver pressed brake and it did nothing
Driver tried putting it in park, unsuccessfully
Driver steered into an empty spot, where something stopped it, but they didn't anything else in the intervening time...
/s

I'm waiting to hear that they crashed in the original parking spot...