Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, I do feel your SP predictions are mad! :D

$300 by October 1st
$350 by December 31st
$400 by March 1st.

Unlike many people, I don't feel CT's nor Highland M3's beginning delivery will move the stock very much, not in this market environment. I think it will take actual revenues and margins increasing before we start seeing meaningful increases in TSLA, and that requires volume production, which is still probably many months off. Unfortunately that will need to play out over several quarters after deliveries begin, so likely later next year.
Maybe. Who knows! But the cybertruck is the first new market segment tesla has entered since the SUV. (Wall st ignores energy, so for SP guesses I will too).
We cannot be sure if highland will mean higher margins, or lower prices or both, and we don't know for sure that 3/Y prices will continue to fall over the next few quarters or not. However, we can be 99% certain that the cybertruck prices are not going to drop for at least a year. The backlog is so huge, than even if 50% of buyers cancel, they will still be churning through the backlog in a years time.

...and wall st will notice this. A price cut on 3/Y is currently TESLA CUTS PRICES because the S/X are a rounding error, but even wall st will expect CT to shift higher numbers than S/X combined. Any future talk of low margins or price cuts will come with 'the cuts only effect 2 model in the lineup'.

Reasons CT deliveries will boost the stock:
  • Huge amount of free press will boost interest in the whole lineup
  • Wall st will finally have to stop thinking of CT as vaporware
  • Walll st might have to start realizing the semi isn't vapor either...
  • A whole new segment of drivers will become Tesla owners, and may then become TSLA owners
  • Rivian/F150 sales might take a hit, and price cuts may follow. Wall st will follow the money.
Maybe this is all wishful thinking, but TSLA is very hard to predict. Every now and then Wall st 'gets it' and the company valuation leaps up another stair :D.

CNN article showing EV not following an S curve and plateauing at 20%. They should really look at Norway.

Good chart on the current market share by state.

Also, I don't think people understand how one simple rule change is going to have a huge impact in 2024.

Next year, the $7500 tax credit will be available at the point of sale. That means the government is giving you the down payment for free. And at 6% on a 5 year loan, the all-important monthly car payment will go down by $145.

Suddenly, an EV becomes a LOT more affordable for a LOT more people.

Also, I don't think people understand how one simple rule change is going to have a huge impact in 2024.

Next year, the $7500 tax credit will be available at the point of sale. That means the government is giving you the down payment for free. And at 6% on a 5 year loan, the all-important monthly car payment will go down by $145.

And in some states lower dales tax but CA will screw people and tax on original value.

The post and person you were responding to is why we’re all going to die a horrible death. Ultimately it’s rigid thinking. It’s taking unimportant things in life too serious while ignoring the important stuff thinking. It’s hyper opinionated thinking.

How hard is it to buy a different steering wheel? It’s not hard. It’s even easier to buy a car with a steering wheel you want in the first place. Why is someone buying something they don’t like and then complaining about it and turning it into a personal issue with the CEO of the company? For all we know, it wasn’t Elon who came up with the idea in the first place.

Why can’t driving be fun for driver and passengers? It can be safe and fun at the same time. We’ve all got enough day to day worries with health, finances etc… Getting in that car of mine gives me joy every single time, whether it’s the sound system or fart mode or the fact the hillbilly down the road loses every time he races me in that piece of crap Camero he’s so proud of. Additionally, we all know that the goal of Tesla is to not have to drive. So while you’re not driving, whatcha gunna do?

Keep on keeping on as we are; thinking complaining about a steering wheel in a car is important while knowing Maui burned and California gets hit with a hurricane and half the country has been cooking under a heatwave for over a month and most of British Columbia burns to the ground etc.

To help transition the planet to sustainable transportation surely a person could simply go buy a different steering wheel and put it in the otherwise best EV car in the world and keep the rest to themselves. Surely. 🙄
I don't think you get it as you probably don't own or drive a Palladium MS or MX.

The shape of the steering control is only ONE consideration.

IT IS ALSO:

1. The thought process (or lack of thought) that made it through all the filters andgates before production.

2. The missing turn signals and shift lever--that are in a FIXED location on every other vehicle (for the most part).

3. The horn not being in the center, where IT IS ALWAYS easy to locate, so it becomes unusable/unfindable in turns and especially in traffic circles.

It just seems to be a pattern that one someone is known as being brilliant, such as our CEO, and has a history of firing those with whom he disagrees, well, it can lead to long-term trouble. We have all seen over a decade of brilliance from Elon, but, at some point, this may not end well. Those of us with a massive investment in TSLA worry about this yoke/joke as a proxy for other underlying issues.

Documented actions like this don't help, especially when it's such a fine line between utter brilliance and mental instability:

Can you see why institutional investors would be wary?

Can you see why individual investors would be wary?

Again: the yoke/joke is just a proxy . . . and we're about to see more of this in 3 and Y as S/X sales crater?!?

3. The horn not being in the center, where IT IS ALWAYS easy to locate, so it becomes unusable/unfindable in turns and especially in traffic circles.

Didn't they address that by allowing you to ham fist multiple buttons to blow the horn? Just smash your hand on the group of buttons like there was a larger horn button in the place of the individual buttons and it should blow the horn.

Practice it once or twice somewhere you don't mind blowing your horn and you should be ready to smash it in your time of need.

OMG don't make me set up a stalks thread...

Horn is for losers. Used it once in 6 months.
Stalks are for losers. Used them once in errr... DM me if you want to know the incriminating answer.

My horn gets honked annually, as it is part of the state inspection process.
Once this annual inspection is done away with in a couple of years the horn may never get used.

As for the stalks, perhaps those functions could be enabled by gestures. Just make the same gesture as if the stalk is there and an optical sensor initiates/cancels the turn signal or turns on/off the wipers. (as well as having the buttons/screen/whatever for the primates who are able to more easily adapt to change)

Absolutely, I did say decades:

Furthermore, I will posit that “a great many” is actually about 1/2 to 1/10th as many chargers as trucks. I could be wrong, 1hr charge means less than 1:24 and it might be as low as 1:1 if cheap. Most likely this will be driven by the utilities obtaining “value” from a smart V2G charger. If enough value, then every vehicle not driving will be plugged in and V2G. Since they provided the use pattern in the video, there’s the likely answer (about 1:2). And “at great cost” will actually be “at great savings in fuel, maintenance and time to plug in vs driving to a truck stop and filling up.” Finally, what’s more difficult producing a truck or a charger? Hmmmm.
Jordan at Limiting factor talks about how getting a charging location suitable for Semi's will require much more than building a charger. Given the massive power requirements, he believes it will in most cases require either:
- a dedicated electrical substation (!!!) or
- a more modest grid connection backed by multi-MW battery storage
This added expense, permitting, and construction would have to be accounted for when a trucking company considers where and when to convert its fleet to electric. He doesn't discuss V2G (iirc) but adding that would add cost and complexity, along with the undeniable value.
Some of us were very excited about the synergy with Megapack sales implied here. In my view, still much popcorn to be eaten while watching which of its many bright-futured projects Tesla sends its battery supply (cars, packs, semis, Cybertrucks) Tesla sends its batteries into over the next few years.

Limiting Factor: The Tesla Semi: Why now?
(relevant portion about 10 minutes in)

serpentza is a controversial channel full of anti-China pro-USA rhetoric. Don't forget, there is a war of anti-China propaganda going on inside the countries of the U.S. empire. Not in the majority of the world. (yes it's politics... it's the weekend... I didn't post the video) I recommend disregard that channel
I'm sorry, but what about the CONTENT of the video?

Yes, I get it: many people can hate the CCP (perhaps with very good cause, no?).

But: Are the videos staged? Are those "fake" Teslas and "fake" signs reporting "No Teslas?"

Frankly, assuming the video images are accurate, it very much appears to be something that will become a major threat to Tesla, and TSLA, going forward. Do we not have some 30 to 40% of our global production produced there, and are we not about to open another Gigafactory for Megapacks in China?

Having spent many months out of the US, I find that many here have no idea of just how fortunate we are to have three, independent, branches of government, and a strong constitution.

And, it very much appears that China is essentially a dictatorship given recent changes forced through by the current leadership:

And:

Tesla's India investment news cannot come fast enough . . . but I fear it may not be enough given how much of Tesla production is based in China.

I hate it when macro influences act to (potentially) decimate our TSLA investment. (And Apple is going to suffer as well.)

"information source about China" 🤣

To remind myself, I looked at the titles of the other videos in the channel

Folks, to get information about investing in TSLA that's better than that channel, I suggest Morgan Stanley's newsletters 🤣
Recipe and/or invitation for "Group Think."

Are the videos faked?

Are the signs faked?

Do please share why you think there is inaccurate CONTENT in the video.

Thanks.

Didn't they address that by allowing you to ham fist multiple buttons to blow the horn? Just smash your hand on the group of buttons like there was a larger horn button in the place of the individual buttons and it should blow the horn.

Practice it once or twice somewhere you don't mind blowing your horn and you should be ready to smash it in your time of need.
Ah yes, that's an idea: "retrain" decades of automatic muscle memory because . . . a boy racer CEO likes the look of yoke and wanted to save $1.09 (per car!) by not having a contact switch for the horn at the airbag?

And then the CEO somehow forgot, or flat out lie about it?

www.teslarati.com/tesla-steering-yoke-push-center-horn-update-model-s-model-x/

Something is not good here . . . .

BTW, the "cover the entire right side spoke with your hand" plan mostly just turns on the wipers for "dry wipes" of the windshield--always what you want when you're trying to use your horn for an emergency.

Recipe and/or invitation for "Group Think."

Are the videos faked?

Are the signs faked?

Do please share why you think there is inaccurate CONTENT in the video.

Thanks.
Why don’t you show us the proof it’s real and not staged?

How can anyone believe anything on the Internet today, anything coming from media, anything coming from influencers and YouTubers etc?

And to get more on topic; we darn well know analysts, hedge funds, institutions and the like bald face lie about Tesla every single day in an attempt to manipulate the share price to their advantage to make money.

Even if some truth exists within that video, what is it exactly?? And how do any of us know?

And if anyone wants to think it’s not malicious and just stupidity, then feel free to tell me how idiots running and contributing to finance, the market, company’s information etc. is a help to us? I’m all eyes and ears.

I don't see it being much different. You still have to qualify, and you can adjust withholding to get the credit back early now.

Wait until 2025 when someone that normally only pays $3500 in taxes owes $4000 to pay back the extra they didn't qualify for when they file their 2024 taxes. The outrage will be huge.

Though full details of how it will work aren't available yet.

Last edited:
Why don’t you show us the proof it’s real and not staged?

How can anyone believe anything on the Internet today, anything coming from media, anything coming from influencers and YouTubers etc?

And to get more on topic; we darn well know analysts, hedge funds, institutions and the like bald face lie about Tesla every single day in an attempt to manipulate the share price to their advantage to make money.

Even if some truth exists within that video, what is it exactly?? And how do any of us know?

And if anyone wants to think it’s not malicious and just stupidity, then feel free to tell me how idiots running and contributing to finance, the market, company’s information etc. is a help to us? I’m all eyes and ears.
I don’t believe it’s staged by the influencer since many articles can be found for different dates and locations.

Since the second article below says some of the bans have been lifted due to keeping the data within China, probably will become a non issue for Tesla. But chances are China could be using Chinese cars in this manner towards other countries. That was more the point of the video. He actually seems pro Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: bkp_duke