Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My initial question was about how the obligations are accounted for. Logically, the expense would be accrued on the Income Statement and as an Accrued Liability on the Balance Sheet when the underlying reservation was converted to an order. However, Tesla does not accrue regulatory credits when earned, but only when sold; so maybe it will not recognize the obligations until the referers actually receive the benefits.

But do they even know how much the 2020 Roadster is going to cost them yet to be able to account for the rewards? I imagine that they have an estimate, but that could change significantly between now and then.

I think that is on the cash flow balance sheet, not the profit/ loss. Just like taking out the loan does not increase profits.
(however, I am not an accountant, so I could be getting my sheets twisted)
You are correct. Paying off a long decreases cash and decreases liabilities (balance sheet items), but does not affect the income statement.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo and lklundin
You're both missing the point. It ISN'T the majority of people saying the memes mean *this*. It's the media. The majority of people that use memes understand what they actually mean and understand that a tiny minority using them for another purpose does not change the meaning. That's the media.

There are millions of people passing memes every day to friends. But, then again, thanks to the media, people outside of the USA actually believe there are millions of alt-right people. LOL.
I think I must be missing the point too, because I thought this thread had something to do with TSLA and investing, but apparently it is the neurons and memes thread. Can someone point me to where we go for investment discussion?

I think I must be missing the point too, because I thought this thread had something to do with TSLA and investing, but apparently it is the neurons and memes thread. Can someone point me to where we go for investment discussion?
I was not aware people ever discussed investing in this thread. This is the off topic thread, right?

No idea how the meme topic started here … but ...

On twitter there are some TSLAQ folks who started using alt-right memes. There seems to be a split in the short community as to what that means ...

I was not aware people ever discussed investing in this thread. This is the off topic thread, right?
Unfortunately the old stock price thread which used to be the *sugar* posting thread was merged with the regular thread, which made the normal general investment thread the *sugar* posting thread, now it's all *sugar* now... My frequency of visitation has dropped dramatically since the change. At least the sub-threads on more specific topics seem to contain some merit.

Hello folks!

I'm back from a road trip to Denmark and back, to drop the kids with the grandparents for 10 days - happy happy, joy joy!

What I didn't expect was the enormous number of Model 3's I would see, especially in Germany. Half the cars at any given Supercharger we M3's and they were much busier than I've seen in the past. Lots and lots of M3's on the autobahn too, really, it's crazy!

I did a close visual inspection and they all looked flawless too, spoke with a few of the owners, they are really happy with the cars.

I couldn't get over how many there were, incredible.

On another note, I saw my first iPace in the wild - overtook it on the motorway, it was going rather slow...

OK, now jumping back 35 pages to catch up... :eek:

Waymo uses specific pickup and dropoff points and routes between them. It does not take arbitrary routes.

waymo_pickup_chandler_banner-png.263774

You can't just call a Waymo car to your house and tell it to go to your friend's house. The routes it takes between dropoff points, according to passengers (Waymo doesn't publish an official map), are often longer than necessary to avoid tricky situations, like left turns.

We finally talked to an actual Waymo passenger—here’s what he told us

Waymo, ever the masters of PR, bound all of their customers to non-disclosure agreements. The above ArsTechnica article only happened because a Waymo customer misunderstood and thought he'd been freed from his NDA - Waymo tried to muzzle him, ArsTechnica said that if they did then they'd write an article about how it's impossible to talk to anyone about whether Waymo actually works, so they relented.
Your article says nothing about specific routes. You've made a set of assumptions, apparently based on an article about a guy who took a total of two round trips.

Rider reports I've seen indicate Waymo does take people to arbitrary addresses within the Geofence. However, it will not drop off or pick up passengers at random spots in parking lots or on busy streets - i.e. it won't double park like a Manhattan taxi while you unload your bags. That's why there are "pickup locations" in shopping centers and business districts as your photo shows. This is partly about safety, but mostly PR as their vans are highly visible and already attract vandals. Blocking traffic while letting people out in front of a specific store would only make matters worse for them.

Also, Waymo One customers are not bound by NDA. Beta testers aka "Early Riders" are, for obvious reasons.

I was viciously critical of Waymo's faux launch in December. But in the short time I've been on this forum I've read some truly ignorant statements about Waymo which went completely unchallenged. Competitive research is key to investing. Waymo makes it hard to get good info, of course, but that doesn't make it OK dismiss them based on wishful thinking.

Its things like this that make me try to remember to put my wife's Model 3 in Sentry Mode every time I park lately. It gives me a little more peace of mind, especially seeing videos lately where the Sentry Mode caught the perps. I hope they add the voice activation I have heard rumored. What other car has this??? :cool:

How about voice declarations too?

"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"

Hello folks!

I'm back from a road trip to Denmark and back, to drop the kids with the grandparents for 10 days - happy happy, joy joy!

What I didn't expect was the enormous number of Model 3's I would see, especially in Germany. Half the cars at any given Supercharger we M3's and they were much busier than I've seen in the past. Lots and lots of M3's on the autobahn too, really, it's crazy!

I did a close visual inspection and they all looked flawless too, spoke with a few of the owners, they are really happy with the cars.

I couldn't get over how many there were, incredible.

On another note, I saw my first iPace in the wild - overtook it on the motorway, it was going rather slow...

OK, now jumping back 35 pages to catch up... :eek:

How many Model 3s did you see in Denmark for comparison? The I-PACE was probably flooring it earlier then realised its range was disappearing rapidly so slowed it down. I had this feeling in my LEAF quite a lot.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster