Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't delete this. This comment is right. As an investor, I don't care what Elon thinks about the border patrol, I want his ass in the factories like he used to be.

When the hell did he become a politician?

Is Elon really that bored with Tesla and SpaceX now!?!View attachment 978026
Because he is bizarrely good at both ingratiating himself to and simultaneously alienating himself from everyone equally. I think he believes himself to be a centrist and given the way people love, then hate, then, love, then hate him....he is! I'm a conservative with a lot of conservative friends - many have recently become "anti-electric car"...but they sure do like the idea of border protection....Elon Musk: Master of Confusion!

So courting the favor of the residents of the state with his largest U.S. factory and the perhaps the state (government) itself could actually be viewed as a "good" move for us "investors"...arguably a better one than sleeping on the floor of the factory these days,

Last edited:
Of course they will be. Trucking is a commercial activity that is done in the cheapest way possible. If driving 40 mph made commercial or legal sense, they would do that, whether it was an ICE or EV. So any EV semi will be driven at an economical speed that balances cost/range/driver salary time, just like an ICE semi does.
I understand what you are saying but my eyes is seeing something different. Its why the JB Hunts and Schneiders governed to 65mph. But the majority of trucks are not moving at 65mph or less, especially on the race track like I-35.

Its beyond impressive that the Tesla Semi got 700 miles range, FSD will probably improve upon it. I just want to see the Tesla Semi driven like the mad maxes drive their rigs (majority of trucks you see parked at Loves) and get a "real world" number.

Please don't delete this. This comment is right. As an investor, I don't care what Elon thinks about the border patrol, I want his ass in the factories like he used to be.

Is Elon really that bored with Tesla and SpaceX now!?!
Huh? Isn't this obvious? It's because he cares about the US, which after all is where the majority of his companies are located. He thinks politicians are not doing a good job about this issue, so he wants to get more attention to it. Oh yes, he does have factory near the border, which means he should care even more about border security, not less.

Like why is this even a question?

A businessman can't care about politics? Have you seen the donors to both parties?

This idea has been posted here for years. Make Super Chargers destination areas. The question, is how profitable can these type of locations be? How long before third parties get involve, say Chillis, or Cheddars. Even Cracker Barrel? Especially since NACS will be standard going forward.

Huh? Isn't this obvious? It's because he cares about the US, which after all is where the majority of his companies are located. He thinks politicians are not doing a good job about this issue, so he wants to get more attention to it. Oh yes, he does have factory near the border, which means he should care even more about border security, not less.

Like why is this even a question?

A businessman can't care about politics? Have you seen the donors to both parties?
This is classic 8th grade level argumentation--mischaracterize the opposing argument and then attack that mischaracterization. If you want to argue that Elon can and should go to the border, then fine, make that argument. But @spacerfc did not say that a businessman can't care about politics as you're asserting. What @spacerfc said was that he/she had an issue with Elon going to the border. Elon himself would call you a liar for this mischaracterization.

Is Elon really that bored with Tesla and SpaceX now!?!View attachment 978026
If you read all his tweets related to this, he is there to advocate citizen journalism, especially to have those who work for MSM quit and get on X where he will pay you to do this. So this trip is another promotion for X which is probably cash flow positive now that 90% of top advertisement buyers have resumed.

I'm all for it, the quicker X becomes profitable the faster Elon can focus on something else and possibility buy back some Tesla shares.

This idea has been posted here for years. Make Super Chargers destination areas. The question, is how profitable can these type of locations be? How long before third parties get involve, say Chillis, or Cheddars. Even Cracker Barrel? Especially since NACS will be standard going forward.

In many countries gas stations make more margin on selling food, drinks, snacks and convivence items, than they do sell fuel.

The possibilities are endless:-
  • Information on local tourist attractions including bookings.
  • Wine/cheese/chocolate/honey tasting and sales, (including produce from the local area)
  • Coffee shop / café (play area for small kids nearby a good addition)
  • Bakery.
  • Convivence store.
  • Bookshop / newsagent.
When charging an EV, the customer is typically staying longer, may be looking to buy some food or a drink, may have time to kill.

interesting. refresh coming sooner than later in US?

I traded in my 2018 Model 3 for a 2023, to take advantage of the FSD transfer and $7500 tax credit, and picked up the new car today at Mt Kisco NY. It was very busy there.

I originally chose an "inventory" car supposedly on its way to Mt Kisco last Tuesday the 19th, but a sales advisor called me Sunday the 24th to say it was still in California and wouldn't make it here by the end of the month. He said there were only three Model 3s available in New York state. I had to spend an extra $1000 on a white interior to get a car.

I drove it home today and am very happy with it. One more sale for Q3!

1000003823.jpg

I just want to see the Tesla Semi driven like the mad maxes drive their rigs (majority of trucks you see parked at Loves) and get a "real world" number.

Are you aware thats the future we'll avoid with electric autonomous trucking? There won't be a "Max" onboard to get mad; it's the Accountants who run the business, not the hoons (think trailbosses, not cowboys). 20 years from now with diesel at $10/gal and solar at $0.07/KWh, "Max" will be looking for a new line of work.

RoboTrucks will keep rolling 24/7/365 (less charging, which often can be combined with a depot stop). Humans, however can not operate continuously. For example:

"When using the 70 hours in 7 days cycle (Cycle 1) you cannot log more than 70 hours On-Duty (Driving & On-Duty Not Driving) in 7 days. When using the 120 hours in 14 days cycle (Cycle 2) you cannot log more than 120 hours On-Duty (Driving & On-Duty Not Driving) in 14 days."​

So even it you average 70 mph for team logbook hours (unlikely), that's still a maximum of 4,900 miles in a week (or 4,400 mi/wk if its a 2-wk trip). Robotaxi does that in 3.4 days of driving, with a

Last edited:
Reactions: cusetownusa
In many countries gas stations make more margin on selling food, drinks, snacks and convivence items, than they do sell fuel.

The possibilities are endless:-
  • Information on local tourist attractions including bookings.
  • Wine/cheese/chocolate/honey tasting and sales, (including produce from the local area)
  • Coffee shop / café (play area for small kids nearby a good addition)
  • Bakery.
  • Convivence store.
  • Bookshop / newsagent.
When charging an EV, the customer is typically staying longer, may be looking to buy some food or a drink, may have time to kill.
I guess that will be true for non-Teslas, but most charging stops in a Tesla are around 15 minutes--barely enough time for a pit stop and to get a drink. Eating at a restaurant or watching a movie takes much longer. I don't see it in the artist's renditions, but there had better be a lot of non-charging or L2 charging stalls to accommodate the restaurant and movie (or there will be a lot of idle fees).