Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the upcoming BYD Seal, it has structural blade battery packs? (I'm new to the BYD Seal, so hopefully this isn't some old news).

"The Seal is the first BYD model to adopt its all-new e-Platform 3.0 electric vehicle platform featuring Cell-to-Body (CTB) technology, which fully integrates BYD’s Blade battery into the entire vehicle structure for greater rigidity and safety."

Anyway, this link seems to try and compare it to a Model 3 yet there are some specs that aren't even close. 26 min charging time bc it's only 150 kW charging speed (vs 250 kW Tesla). Their top specs come from the higher end version and gets close to Tesla, but not at the same price point. And not until 2024. So competition is coming, but not for a while still ;)

There's also some notes that service is required more often than necessary as a requirement to sell in Australia (through EV Direct). People are noting this difference in the discussion part.

I'm not a fan of the Dolphin design. Overdone IMO.

We'll just have to disagree on this then. I believe that private and public APIs have completely different security risks. Private APIs present hardly any attack surface at all, as it's just the app that can be reasonably attacked. But once you have a public API and external developers, it gets vastly more difficult to control access.

Anyway, don't want to get into the weeds on this. Just pointing out that it's not just a magical revenue opportunity. In my opinion, the chance of serious external attack problems becomes much higher.
Private APIs, that are unreachable from the outside, certainly have reduced risk.

The problem is the API isn't really private, it's just undocumented, and is reachable easily. Services like TeslaFi exist that use it, and even integrations for Home Assistant that let you do basically all the things the app can.

It would be nice if it was documented (or a documented one intended for 3rd party use existed, which perhaps has some rate limiting or other differences but is functionally complete), with proper OAuth2 flow for generating credentials in a more user friendly way (to get an auth token, you must either have the technical ability to generate the token yourself, or trust whatever system you're using with your login credentials so it can generate the token).

Two words: Options, Margin.
Not quite picking up the signal...
Lots of Call Put Options bought on Margin? (Edit Put, maybe both.)

1697209291059.png

Pic from My Favorite Martian. Hey, looking forward to the SpaceX sequel! He could be like Q on Star Trek, or even Elon's secret advisor like "I Dream of Jeanie." So retro, lol. It's Grandpa stuff now, but this was our sci-fi/comedy.

OH Stop!
Just quit talking about daily stock price (I am joking I AM JOKING!)
But here, in all seriousness (again I am joking), I need to bring the vision of the future of Tesla Cyber(nota)truck from feb 1991 I repost so you can have a good laugh, and enjoy the release event even more>>> (And if you read the accompanying text it is even more prophetic.

Last edited:
….I'm not a fan of the Dolphin design. Overdone IMO.

Good info, and good to see that BYD won’t be threatening Tesla’s design and technical superiority anytime soon.

Speaking of BYD, here’s a good analysis of their financials in comparison to Tesla.

Yes this is my point, that lease customers will continue to receive the full $7,500 IRA rebate after Jan 1st, 2024 because they lease the LFP-based car. If they insist on buying that same car, effectively they'll pay $3,750 more. This of course excludes the cost of financing, but I think most folks finance their cars (thru either loans or leases).

Cheaper than a Prius, and it's a TESLA! :D

Cheers!
It's a TESLA, sure, but it's a :

SLETA...LESTA...ALEST...STEAL, Got it; It's a STEAL at that price.

You know, there's nothing special about a Tesla. They're all over the place now in my area. Feels as if we live in California now. /s

Gives one a warm and fuzzy feeling at an intersection seeing at least one in each direction.

HODL. Not advice.

OH Stop!
Just quit talking about daily stock price (I am joking I AM JOKING!)
But here, in all seriousness (again I am joking), I need to bring the vision of the future of Tesla from feb 1991 I repost so you can have a good laugh, and enjoy the release event even more>>> (And if you read the accompanying text it is even more prophetic.
Wait!!! API discussion is more interesting?
Wow.

Can anyone explain why the stock is opening so violently in both directions lately? It's like MMD x3. Serious battle going on at a minimum. Pre-hours are also crazy!

Well, with Israel preparing to invade Gaza, it was to be expected that TSLA moves like Nasdaq/S&P and that gold price is moving upwards.
But only important for traders, not for investors.
That is, if this dreadful conflict remains local.

Well, with Israel preparing to invade Gaza, it was to be expected that TSLA moves like Nasdaq/S&P and that gold price is moving upwards.
But only important for traders, not for investors.
That is, if this dreadful conflict remains local.
Entire stock market at risk if the invasion leads to a wider war (more Iran proxies joining, Iran impacted, etc.)