Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maxresdefault.jpg

That's not a pop...
Really? Slope means nothing?

I understood that. The problem is that when quoting something clearly and obviously made up to represent a negative outlook, you repeat that this must somehow be:

...when the entire set of points is intended to make it crystal clear that the 'survey' itself is based inadequately. Of course, as always, FUD reigns regardless of facts. Bluntly, this silly 'survey' has no actual factual results that could not have been written without claiming to have surveyed anyone. Indeed, that may damage Tesla in some way, primarily by repeating nonsense.

Just so you and others who regularly post such things there are a few basic tenets of competent survey results:
1. The sample size and respondent sourcing are included;
2. The questionnaire and/or interview guide is included;
3. Response rate, response methodology and respondent verification process is shown;

Just so you and others know, the sort of survey and opinions we do here is not ever qualified as valid. It is done mostly to entertain ourselves and give ourselves more robust confirmation bias. That is why most of us, including me, find them to be fun. Who does not like to be told that his or her opinions are also held by others we admire? There is some value in that, emotional value.

In this case you @Zaddy Daddy are suggesting that bad and useless 'research' might not be good news to TSLA. Technically you're correct FUD hurts. However, repeating FUD does NOT change the facts.

Let su be clear: Now more than ever, ever more sophisticated and well-constructed false information and data is being posted. Mods are becoming overwhelmed with sorting ridiculously irrelevant things from relevant ones. They cannot be expected to evaluate the credibility of every random unverified quotation.

In short we need some integrity. Integrity, by definition, cannot be superficial. When any of us quote something we need to make sure we know what we are quoting and verify its relevancy. That is work.
That also requires learning how to know what we post before posting it. That is often boring.
The end result will be for us all to have greater confidence in each other and have us all learn more.

As I have said a few times. One major benefit of our group si that among us are people who really know quite a lot about many subjects. Just within the last week I've been clearly and succinctly corrected when I expressed a view on a topic I thought I knew but obviously did not. The corrections I quickly received taught me valuable new information about Tesla technology that I had been unknowingly ignorant about. Now I am happy to know more than I did.

If we are to have more value here we need to be much better and faster to help each other to learn. That process was once easy here but as we have grown we've become a bit complacent.

Now we blather about share volatility, most of us who do probably aren't reading @Papafox who devotes inordinate effort to ensure that we can understand the sources and consequences of daily volatility. We'd have fewer garbage post were his work be more carefully viewed.

Many of us blather about advertising when most of us who do have never studied the subject, much less Marketing and ignore obvious sources to understand what might or might now be relevant.

Then, too, many of us conduct our own version of 'mother-in-law-research' on Tesla adoption rates, impediments to growth and a wide variety of other issues. Those, like the advertising ones, are often titillating but almost never relevant.

Finally there are the complaints I class as 'panel gap' stories. Somehow we've been overloaded with complaints about Tesla vehicles (not so much other products) that either are misplaced or are incorrect. of course Teslas can and do have faults. We really should do better than to take our cues from short seller narratives. Perhaps I am naive just because my three Tesla's have had fewer problems than any others of my 50-odd new cars during my life. Perhaps, but the owner persistency at Tesla has ranked above nearly any other OEM, and that data comes from biased sources like Automotive News and JD Power, both of which depend on auto dealers for much of their revenue.

There are many other areas in which we can do better work to moderate ourselves and reduce the incessant frustration we are causing the people who are trying to help us be more responsible. Please, everyone, help us be better. If we do not we run a great risk of self-destructing. Valuable people have left. More will do so if we do not quickly act to manage ourselves better.
But you’re forgetting the most important point: MONEY. Who is PAYING for the survey? Your post is fine, but you don’t discuss conflicts of interest, you make no mention of agenda-driven “information.” Information the masses consume doesn’t just spontaneously happen for free. Never before has “information” been so personally targeted to individuals’ psychometric profiles to sell us products and fear. Good FUD is a function of POWER AND MONEY, nothing more, just like science, politics and justice. George Merck expressed this poetically when he said “We don’t sell drugs, we sell disease.” One doesn’t need to “prove” bias—that is a given, it is inherent in all of us—what is needed is evidence of conflicts of interest and who has the financial firepower to do the greatest amount of mindscrewing and polluting of the mental environment. Anyone with MONEY AND POWER can mindscrew at a mass scale—the rest of us poor slobs can’t, we just take it in and regurgitate it to whomever we come in contact with.

POWER AND MONEY to mindscrew on a mass scale is what so much of the game of life is about. Talking about “facts” is useless, because “facts” are individual mental constructs; every one believes he/she sees the world clearly and sees it whole, that goes without saying.

The childish and naive use of the word “facts” often sends this forum off its rails. “I have all the ‘facts’ and anyone who doesn’t think like me is stupid and falls for propaganda. But of course, I’m so smart and unbiased, I don’t fall for propaganda/PR/ads.” Give me a break…. Ask siblings growing up under the same roof and you’ll get a spectrum of very different “facts,” from “We grew up happy” to “We grew up in an abused home.” Just like there are multiple sides to every question, there are multiple sides to every “fact.” (and I’m not talking about the epistemological foundation of brute facts, like, “is this table I’m sitting at real?” I’m talking about political/economic “facts,” like, what is really happening out there in the land of billions of people speaking different languages with different worldviews all over the globe). And if you don’t come to this realization as a young adult, you probably never will. Anyone who knows anything about advertising/public relations/propaganda knows this is the very foundation of its power and reach. We all develop our own biased mental models/stereotypes of the tiny sliver of infinitely complex reality we inhabit. You do, I do, we all do.

We don’t need to discuss "facts" here. Our goal should be trying to be less wrong so we can survive and win, to point out financial conflicts of interest, our own blindspots/stereotypes, and ask ourselves who/what is behind the same bag of tricks used over and over again to mindscrew us in different ways. Because if millions of people are frantically babbling about something at once, some entity probably paid for that message for a particular end in mind. All I want to know who is financing the story/survey/advertisement/scientific study/etc., and then I’ll come up with my own “facts” that fit my stereotypes, and you’ll come up with your own “facts” to fit your stereotypes, and then we will individually do our best to survive and win.

As for integrity, just know there are millions of people out there who will gladly lie to your face, or stab you in the back, if it helps them to win/survive. At the end day it’s all about who gets eaten and who gets to eat. Kill or be killed. Please, put the integrity and morality discussions in a different thread.

Really? Slope means nothing?
Not really. Did you read the Fox’s summary of yesterday? This move should have happened yesterday. Heck, should have happened Friday. What you just saw was classic delay shenanigans. They managed to hold under $235 on Friday, then worked real hard yesterday to hold the SP until they could reposition to allow SP to run a tiny bit today to where it should have been Friday.

And looks like we’ve already topped out to a more comfortable position for those in control. They’ll reposition yet again.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t surprise me to see the first mod that many CT buyers do us to put a set of highly efficient pavement tires on the CT. Off road holds no interest for us for example. But trailer towing range does. I wonder how much more range a good set of EV tires would produce?
(No idea really).

Jmho.
Plus, offroad tires tend to be noisier. An all-season would be a better fit for us, and be adequate for the little bit of offroad we might end up doing.

But you’re forgetting the most important point: MONEY. Who is PAYING for the survey? Your post is fine, but you don’t discuss conflicts of interest, you make no mention of agenda-driven “information.” Information the masses consume doesn’t just spontaneously happen for free. Never before has “information” been so personally targeted to individuals’ psychometric profiles to sell us products and fear. Good FUD is a function of POWER AND MONEY, nothing more, just like science, politics and justice. George Merck expressed this poetically when he said “We don’t sell drugs, we sell disease.” One doesn’t need to “prove” bias—that is a given, it is inherent in all of us—what is needed is evidence of conflicts of interest and who has the financial firepower to do the greatest amount of mindscrewing and polluting of the mental environment. Anyone with MONEY AND POWER can mindscrew at a mass scale—the rest of us poor slobs can’t, we just take it in and regurgitate it to whomever we come in contact with.

POWER AND MONEY to mindscrew on a mass scale is what so much of the game of life is about. Talking about “facts” is useless, because “facts” are individual mental constructs; every one believes he/she sees the world clearly and sees it whole, that goes without saying.

The childish and naive use of the word “facts” often sends this forum off its rails. “I have all the ‘facts’ and anyone who doesn’t think like me is stupid and falls for propaganda. But of course, I’m so smart and unbiased, I don’t fall for propaganda/PR/ads.” Give me a break…. Ask siblings growing up under the same roof and you’ll get a spectrum of very different “facts,” from “We grew up happy” to “We grew up in an abused home.” Just like there are multiple sides to every question, there are multiple sides to every “fact.” (and I’m not talking about the epistemological foundation of brute facts, like, “is this table I’m sitting at real?” I’m talking about political/economic “facts,” like, what is really happening out there in the land of billions of people speaking different languages with different worldviews all over the globe). And if you don’t come to this realization as a young adult, you probably never will. Anyone who knows anything about advertising/public relations/propaganda knows this is the very foundation of its power and reach. We all develop our own biased mental models/stereotypes of the tiny sliver of infinitely complex reality we inhabit. You do, I do, we all do.

We don’t need to discuss "facts" here. Our goal should be trying to be less wrong so we can survive and win, to point out financial conflicts of interest, our own blindspots/stereotypes, and ask ourselves who/what is behind the same bag of tricks used over and over again to mindscrew us in different ways. Because if millions of people are frantically babbling about something at once, some entity probably paid for that message for a particular end in mind. All I want to know who is financing the story/survey/advertisement/scientific study/etc., and then I’ll come up with my own “facts” that fit my stereotypes, and you’ll come up with your own “facts” to fit your stereotypes, and then we will individually do our best to survive and win.

As for integrity, just know there are millions of people out there who will gladly lie to your face, or stab you in the back, if it helps them to win/survive. At the end day it’s all about who gets eaten and who gets to eat. Kill or be killed. Please, put the integrity and morality discussions in a different thread.
I laugh not because you’re wrong but because you’re right. We so screwed and did it to ourselves. That is hilarious to me. The superior species on the planet, so very, very, very stupid.

Looks like we are popping this morning on news the India Giga Factory is very near a done deal. Sounds like an import deal for next year is near signing as well, that would be sweet.