Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read Papa's thread every day, I don't see him mention the India Giga news at all recently?

I'm seeing the India deal all over the news sites this morning, you really don't think this has anything at all to do with TSLA bucking the market trend today? 🤔
TSLA was also "bucked" in the opposite direction for no particularly good reason

NVDA had a total blow-out earnings in Q2 and their stock dropped 20% afterwards, so hard to form any preconceptions really...
not sure of exact timing, but CEO started selling shares post earnings .... (we've seen this movie before :( ) ... IIRC, it was in same week ..

we just need positive economy, AI outlook. After that who cares about NVDA .. no skin in the game ... ;)

Last edited:
I read Papa's thread every day, I don't see him mention the India Giga news at all recently?

I'm seeing the India deal all over the news sites this morning, you really don't think this has anything at all to do with TSLA bucking the market trend today? 🤔
He’ll probably mention when doing today’s update.

But no, capping the last two trading days and spending all the ammo to reposition to allow it to run up the few bucks that should have happened two days ago with the macro but didn’t because they capped it because not positioned right etc…

It’s a game of chicken and they won yet again. Did you already forget the ridiculous Jeffries downgrade that just happened to help them out?

Tesla has been talking to India for years and has just been waiting for India to pull their head out of their butt - Elon just doing a rinse and repeat of the China deal. Then comes the Potemkin Village comments until India has a fully functioning factory of some sort. Then the demand issues will come when India is pumping out 100,000’s etc., etc…

The SP is so rarely ‘factual Tesla business news’ run that it’s not even worth thinking about. Like ever.

🤦‍♀️ That was a "we made bank on the ride down, now we make bank on the ride up," while decimating retails who thought they had any semblance of control over their investments and lives.

Quotes added above for clarity

Well, yes, it was that too.
But, you can't take MY dreams of a POP away. You can't!

Eventually, the stars will align to where the manipulators will be advantaged by an epic uptick.

We just need to HODL, waiting for that swell to carry us, hanging ten, toward the beach in high style.
Umbrellas in the drinks will be optional. 🍹

🤦‍♀️ That was a we made bank on the ride down, now we make bank on the ride up, while decimating retails who thought they had any semblance of control over their investments and lives.
Yes they do... humor me. 🤪

Pop... Run... it's all about frequency for me, not distance. (Do the Fourier.) All semantics, but I think I see a group of investors who have been let down so many times that they refuse to get excited on any pop. This is the definition of never cry wolf.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Hmmm...the glass half empty folks sure are out in force today.

I just had a nice late breakfast and am now getting ready for some yoga.

Choose how you want to live.
Half empty never looked so good.
IMG_0399.jpeg

Last Update: Took delivery today. The white Model Y LR was as close to perfect as I could imagine. The inventory still seems to be lean. A batch came in this week to the Phoenix area and replenished the supply of inventory cars, but I'd still call it lean. I don't think they had one of every variant available (interior color, exterior color, seating 5 vs 7, tow hitch, etc). We talked to a lady comparing a model 3 she just test drove to our Y and she decided the 3 was not quite roomy enough as her husband (not present) is on the tall side. We think she is going Y. No wonder that car is flying off the shelves around the world.
One more post! After my daughter in Chicago was given an EV to rent on a recent business trip to New Jersey, and discovered after driving 20 miles that it only had 40 miles of charge left, I think the EV bug hit her. She had fun asking colleagues at work how and where to get a charge. She managed to return the car to the agency nearly full. Rather than discourage her, I think all of the cool new features of modern EVs and becoming familiar with the techniques of getting a charge, actually hooked her. Fast forward a month, she just ordered a model Y LR herself. And going back to inventory, they didn't have a blue exterior, white interior, with a tow hitch available (black interior yes, white, no). So once again - this points to lean inventory.

But you’re forgetting the most important point: MONEY. Who is PAYING for the survey? Your post is fine, but you don’t discuss conflicts of interest, you make no mention of agenda-driven “information.” Information the masses consume doesn’t just spontaneously happen for free. Never before has “information” been so personally targeted to individuals’ psychometric profiles to sell us products and fear. Good FUD is a function of POWER AND MONEY, nothing more, just like science, politics and justice. George Merck expressed this poetically when he said “We don’t sell drugs, we sell disease.” One doesn’t need to “prove” bias—that is a given, it is inherent in all of us—what is needed is evidence of conflicts of interest and who has the financial firepower to do the greatest amount of mindscrewing and polluting of the mental environment. Anyone with MONEY AND POWER can mindscrew at a mass scale—the rest of us poor slobs can’t, we just take it in and regurgitate it to whomever we come in contact with.

POWER AND MONEY to mindscrew on a mass scale is what so much of the game of life is about. Talking about “facts” is useless, because “facts” are individual mental constructs; every one believes he/she sees the world clearly and sees it whole, that goes without saying.

The childish and naive use of the word “facts” often sends this forum off its rails. “I have all the ‘facts’ and anyone who doesn’t think like me is stupid and falls for propaganda. But of course, I’m so smart and unbiased, I don’t fall for propaganda/PR/ads.” Give me a break…. Ask siblings growing up under the same roof and you’ll get a spectrum of very different “facts,” from “We grew up happy” to “We grew up in an abused home.” Just like there are multiple sides to every question, there are multiple sides to every “fact.” (and I’m not talking about the epistemological foundation of brute facts, like, “is this table I’m sitting at real?” I’m talking about political/economic “facts,” like, what is really happening out there in the land of billions of people speaking different languages with different worldviews all over the globe). And if you don’t come to this realization as a young adult, you probably never will. Anyone who knows anything about advertising/public relations/propaganda knows this is the very foundation of its power and reach. We all develop our own biased mental models/stereotypes of the tiny sliver of infinitely complex reality we inhabit. You do, I do, we all do.

We don’t need to discuss "facts" here. Our goal should be trying to be less wrong so we can survive and win, to point out financial conflicts of interest, our own blindspots/stereotypes, and ask ourselves who/what is behind the same bag of tricks used over and over again to mindscrew us in different ways. Because if millions of people are frantically babbling about something at once, some entity probably paid for that message for a particular end in mind. All I want to know who is financing the story/survey/advertisement/scientific study/etc., and then I’ll come up with my own “facts” that fit my stereotypes, and you’ll come up with your own “facts” to fit your stereotypes, and then we will individually do our best to survive and win.

As for integrity, just know there are millions of people out there who will gladly lie to your face, or stab you in the back, if it helps them to win/survive. At the end day it’s all about who gets eaten and who gets to eat. Kill or be killed. Please, put the integrity and morality discussions in a different thread.
and I thought I was cynical./s

Maybe CT just isn’t really for you or Wee?

A truck can have many valid uses, off roading is only one of them. Towing & carrying loads in the bed are two others that set them apart. (Grocery getting doesn't count lol)

Because a buyer may use them for potentially all of the above, they have to be generalized to do any.

Compare that to the Semi, which is also a truck, but optimized to do one thing above all others: tow loads on the highway. It has tires sized, and with tread design and rubber compound, to do that extremely well.

So, if a Cybertruck buyer wants to optimize for one aspect, I don't think it makes them any less of an ownership candidate, or "real" truck owner.

(I had an F-350... it was a towing beast with stuff suspension and 80PSI hard rubber compound tires.... it was not great off-road, but towed my 37' trailer like a trail rig would have had no prayer of doing...)

I have a poster in my 2018 Model 3 to inform passersby about how amazing this car is.

I can't wait until I get my Cybertruck and can put this in the window (come to think of it, what would be better advertising than this? I dare any of those manufacturers to challenge any of the assertions - would make them look foolish):

1700585606373.png

Last edited:
Yes they do... humor me. 🤪

Pop... Run... it's all about frequency for me, not distance. (Do the Fourier.) All semantics, but I think I see a group of investors who have been let down so many times that they refuse to get excited on any pop. This is the definition of never cry wolf.
This "pop" may be exciting to day traders. Long term investors recall the stock has been to 250 something like 25 times over the past 2 years and was over 400 more than 2 years ago. I expect we will see excitement when it passes 450.

This "pop" may be exciting to day traders. Long term investors recall the stock has been to 250 something like 25 times over the past 2 years and was over 400 more than 2 years ago. I expect we will see excitement when it passes 450.
This 'pop' was just a day delayed like @Krugerrand had mentioned...the day 🤡 scared off the paper hands yesterday and us HOLD'ers just keep humming along patiently.

A truck can have many valid uses, off roading is only one of them. Towing & carrying loads in the bed are two others that set them apart. (Grocery getting doesn't count lol)

Because a buyer may use them for potentially all of the above, they have to be generalized to do any.

Compare that to the Semi, which is also a truck, but optimized to do one thing above all others: tow loads on the highway. It has tires sized, and with tread design and rubber compound, to do that extremely well.

So, if a Cybertruck buyer wants to optimize for one aspect, I don't think it makes them any less of an ownership candidate, or "real" truck owner.

(I had an F-350... it was a towing beast with stuff suspension and 80PSI hard rubber compound tires.... it was not great off-road, but towed my 37' trailer like a trail rig would have had no prayer of doing...)
I’ve no issue with that and I agree. What I disagree with is how it’s talked about and criticized - in general.

Reactions: scaesare