Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rumor was 267 miles from the employee who posted a picture charging, which would likely be 325-350 EPA miles, about what everyone is expecting.

Yes that's true, and that same source also showed the current supercharging session as "charging at 75 mph" and "75 KWh added". Doing the math, that's 1 KWh/mile energy usage, which is what you'd expect when towing a large/heavy trailer. 267 miles calculated range would be really good if that was while towing. ;)

Reactions: mad474 and SOULPEDL
Yes that's true, and that same source also showed the current supercharging session as "charging at 75 mph" and "75 KWh added". Doing the math, that's 1 KWh/mile energy usage, which is what you'd expect when towing a large/heavy trailer. 267 miles calculated range would be really good if that was while towing. ;)
That would be excellent.

It seems the thread is going into hype mode where we overbuild expectations so people can be disappointed after the event. Instead of a "model 2", how about the cybertruck arrives towing a new version of the roadster?

250 mile EPA range is ridiculous. My 2013 Model S had 265 miles of range when it was new. We just bought a Model Y LR and it has 268 miles of range... at 80% full. There is no way the launch Cybertruck has such a short EPA range.

It is interesting that the delivery event will be during daylight hours and mostly happening while the stock market is open. How could they start an event at 1pm CST and restrict the release of new specs until after 3pm CST?
The specs are not going to be considered "material" from an investor perspective to restrict the timing of release unless they are way outside the bounds of what we already know.

Reactions: navguy12
It seems the thread is going into hype mode where we overbuild expectations so people can be disappointed after the event. Instead of a "model 2", how about the cybertruck arrives towing a new version of the roadster?

Naw, Roadster flies up onto the stage then time-warps back to the 2020 AGM... :p

21 Cybertrucks at Giga Texas SHORT video 1080P | Joe Tegtmeyer (1 hr ago)

In the US, the gas station by me also closes even though it has pay at the pump. But pumps are shut off when the attendants are not there.
That's pretty rare and I'm sure there are a ton of stations near you open, especially around the interstate. I've never heard anyone in the US that couldn't find a gas station since the 80s.
500mi, 0-60 1.98s, $50k anything less and my outlook on TSLA is good for a -20% move.
This a joke?

That's pretty rare and I'm sure there are a ton of stations near you open, especially around the interstate. I've never heard anyone in the US that couldn't find a gas station since the 80s.
Never said there wasn’t. Just pointing out that there are gas stations that close. And if gas demand does drop, I suspect fewer gas stations will remain open.

That would be excellent.

Oh, are we doing this?
OK
I say it will be "One more thing" and then Optimus drives out the Model 2, exits the car and stands off to the side, juggling 3 eggs.

Your turn.