Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the interview today he said he was willing to let X die if advertisers fled it. So, no propping up. Whether he’d follow through on that is anyone’s guess in that hypothetical situation.
He seemed pretty serious to me. He can at any time change his mind, but I’ve seen this movie before and it always ends the same way - true to his conviction.

As bad a job as they do... would this be the end of any reasonable SEC market regulation enforcement powers? Yet, it says Elon is in favor. What am I misunderstandng?

Of course Elon is in favor, given SEC's harassment of him. This change just meant a jury trial is needed to sentence someone of fraud, I don't see anything wrong with this. SpaceX is already using similar argument to fight the harassment from DoJ, if the administration keeps misusing the power given to them by the people, then the people will strip away their powers, it's as simple as that.

Whoa. I’ve always said that Twitter Elon and interview Elon are two different people. Not with this one. Andrew was super impressive and Elon was acting like a child. When he was in a hole he tried to drum up audience support in what was clearly a huge auditorium and got maybe four people clapping. One was Linda no doubt. Elon physically doesn’t look well either. With Elon I’ve had to separate the baby from the bathwater but this is the first time I’ve seen him looking kinda nutty and sad. For years he’s said people wouldn’t want his life. Looks like things are finally taking a toll. 😔
Now, let me tell you how Elon's F-bombs applies to the cybertruck reveal and to Tesla in general. Elon came across (to me) as stating these things because of his values. It was a ballsy thing to do. Pickup truck drivers have a high frequency of being male, and there's an abundance of truck buyers in conservative states. After Elon's performance Wednesday, few are going to be afraid of buying a cybertruck because of the EV stigma in certain circles, particularly with the GOP taking a negative approacch to EVs in the coming election cycle. Rather, Elon's cybertruck is going to be associated with being brave, badass, and standing up for your values, characteristics that are embraced by much of the truck-buying public. I'm guessing the spirit of that message carries over to Thursday's event and to some extent, to future cybertruck and other Tesla sales.

"I am IRONMAN."

Battered but not Broken, Determined, not deterred. The Rock, the Hard Place, he's Elon of MARS!

GODSPEED, Big-E!

P.S. Someone wondered upthread 'what's the point of having FU money if you can't say FU?!' Good point! If anything, I think Elon's feisty new ad-itude means that X.com is nolonger dependent on ad revenue going forward. IE: Grok.ai and other initiatives will pay the bills, and advertizers can **** thems3lves. :p

Last edited:
"I am IRONMAN."

maxresdefault.jpg

Battered but not Broken, Determined, not deterred. The Rock, the Hard Place, he's Elon of MARS!

GODSPEED, Big-E!

P.S. Someone upthread wondered 'what's the point of having FU money if you can't say FU?!' Good point! If anything, I think Elon's feisty new ad-itude means that X.com is nolonger dependent on ad revenue going forward. IE: Grok.ai and other initiatives will pay the bills, and advertizers can **** thems3lves. :p
This was the paragraph that preceded the one you quoted.
The big controversy Wednesday evening is about the comments Elon made in an interview regarding advertisers who pulled out of X.com. His message to those advertisers was a big "Go F___ Yourselves". I watched this Solving the Money Problem version, but there are multiple sources available. Looking at the controversy from a purely Tesla stock price vantage point, I actually see benefits to his approach. Make no mistake, this wasn't an impromptu rant, this was a thought out response to his enemies. Because of the F-bombs he dropped, the appearance is going to get lots of attention. That's actually good if the full interview is seen because in it he clarifies his position of not being anti-semitic but really being pro-semitic and goes on to explain why. After his recent experiences with Netanyahu in Israel, his comments have veracity. He talked about how advertisers who bailed from X.com were doing so to make their companies appear noble but the reality is just the opposite. By explaining what these advertisers are doing, Elon is indirectly suggesting that people consider boycotting the companies doing the X.com advertiser boycott. This is a big deal.
More daily Papafox commentary here:
Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts

X thread for when CT>X:
X App Discussion

As bad a job as they do... would this be the end of any reasonable SEC market regulation enforcement powers? Yet, it says Elon is in favor. What am I misunderstandng?

The story explains it-

Although Wednesday's case involved several different constitutional challenges to the SEC's enforcement actions, the justices focused almost exclusively on one: the contention that the agency's in-house fact finding process violated Jarkesy's Seventh Amendment right to a jury trial. All six of the conservative justices questioned the notion that an administrative agency can impose penalties without offering the option of a jury trial

The governments reply is largely to point out nearly every federal agency engages in first-pass enforcement actions like this (to which you can always appeal to a 'regular' court), and congress delegated them that authority generations ago, with even one of the justices asking the lawyers bringing the case if this wasn't already long-settled law.

So if the justices declare the whole thing unconstitutional it'll have impacts on FAR more than the SEC, but mostly just make enforcement slower (and the federal courts in general slower)-- plus they'd be more likely to NOT punish smaller offenders or tougher cases because it'd be a lot more work (and time) to do so if step 1 is federal court rather than administrative action.

(it's massively off topic to debate if that's 'better' or not of course)

Still waiting for examples of these times you feel that what Elon has said was not done. (other than "two weeks" of course ;) ) Providing quotes of his words and enough context to judge what was said with some accuracy would be helpful.

It has always seemed to me that listening to exactly what he says, without trying to read between the lines, does not leave this impression you refer to. To me, Elon tends to under-promise and over-deliver. He says what he means and means what he says. Still, nobody is perfect, and I don't expect him to be either.

Boring Company is fully employed and growing. Is that really what you call a high level miss?

I'm placing my bets based upon what he has done and how he describes the path going forward. It is logical, rational, and well thought out. He has on multiple occasions made calls he was criticized for that eventually played out as he said they would.

Many, if not most people are unable to wrap their heads around enough of the vision he has shared with us for the future to build even a foggy picture, much less see things with his level of clarity.

This reminds me of a quote, I think it was from Douglas Adams -
"Things aren't always what they seem. They only seem that way because it is us looking at them."​

Some people change their perspective more often than they do their underwear, other people don't change perspective at all.
Which of these people has the better chance of accurately processing more of the reality that's around them?
When I was first looking at Tesla over a decade ago and there was huge amounts of speculation around whether batteries or H2 would win out on transportation. I couldn't get myself comfortable with an outcome initially. Elon's takedown of it with a sub 5 minute speech made it abundantly clear to me which technology would win.

His ability to distill a concept to its core elements and extrapolate is by far the best I've seen. And one of the reasons I'll always have an open ear- because he's proven to be correct on many big calls.

Andrew Karpathy said similar. I think the quote was to make correct interpretations with incomplete information.

Yes, of course you disagree because you think people should have their cake and eat it too. In my house if you don’t like the flavor of the cake, don’t eat the cake. You’ve no right to step into my house, even if I invited you for dinner, to bellyache that it’s vanilla instead of chocolate. You want chocolate cake then bring chocolate cake with you, otherwise sit down and shut up because tonight I made vanilla. Elon just explained that to a group of advertisers.

This isn’t about black and white, or even vanilla vs chocolate. It’s about the same people always complaining, always unhappy, always blaming Elon, never taking any personal responsibility for their own unhappiness and doing a simple thing like sell their shares to change their life for the better.

Reasonable, logical, clear thinking people don’t keep doing the same thing that makes them unhappy. They don’t argue and fight with people about their right to be unhappy. And yet here we are.

I mostly agree, except for the cake part. All you need to do is make chocolate cake with vanilla icing, then you have the best of both worlds! 😁

Happy Cybertruck Day everyone!😃

I've no problem with a 500 mile version - but why would it be a priority ? I don't think there is a big market for it - given the extra cost.
The number one reason I put in a deposit was for the 500 mile range. (I do think I would rather have a 500 mile X though). The long range market is much bigger than you think (my opinion only).

I am not sure if I believe CTs including display units will be delivered to customers in all current locations

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to deliver the display models until the crowds die down.

These few Cybertruck are drawing hundreds of potential customers into Tesla showrooms across N. America, where they saunter right buy S3XY cars which are ready for delivery today (did you know they're so affordable?!)

Tesla's sales associates are catching a netfull of contact information.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The number one reason I put in a deposit was for the 500 mile range. (I do think I would rather have a 500 mile X though). The long range market is much bigger than you think (my opinion only).

Haha, you'll get that X-500 when v3 4680 capacity reaches 300 wh/kg (w.single crystal SI cathode). Ooh, w. a structural pack, of course... Fremont Kato Rd 2024 H2? :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jerry33
I would still expect such deliveries to be to employees rather than the public (youtubers excepted). Tesla has lots of employees outside Austin Etc
Agreed. If deliveries to the public were happening today, there would be people who'd already signed Purchase Agreements listing the specs AND the price, and we'd have heard about it (Tesla wouldn't stipulate "We'll sell you this vehicle but you promise not to tell anyone about it until after Nov 30th"). Alternatively, no one has posted about how Tesla called them to say "Show up in Austin Thursday to pick up the vehicle we're selling you for which you don't know the price yet! (Oh and bring a big, blank cheque)"

When I was first looking at Tesla over a decade ago and there was huge amounts of speculation around whether batteries or H2 would win out on transportation. I couldn't get myself comfortable with an outcome initially. Elon's takedown of it with a sub 5 minute speech made it abundantly clear to me which technology would win.

His ability to distill a concept to its core elements and extrapolate is by far the best I've seen. And one of the reasons I'll always have an open ear- because he's proven to be correct on many big calls.

Andrew Karpathy said similar. I think the quote was to make correct interpretations with incomplete information.
THIS.....this is why I am all in with Tesla and EM.

Once you reach a certain age, it is difficult to not become jaded and cynical.
Watching the endless procession of fools "explaining" why Tesla is doomed and why EM is (lying, evil, crazy...take your pick) jaded, and cynical feelings are cemented.

Elon is a breath of fresh air....no fakers allowed.

Watch almost any other CEO on any news show....then watch EM. I know who I prefer.

No mention of brands, except Fisker. Still, this reliability problem is at the root of the pullback in EVs from most of the brands trying to find a place in the new world of electrification.

That is a big part of why "EV demand is down" for so many of them. They are a decade or more behind the curve and don't have the technical acumen that Tesla has established in this space.

I dare say that if they had mentioned Tesla, it would have been to show them as the outlier. The one whose products are reliable and whose customers are satisfied with the brand to a significant degree more than others which Con-Reports neglected to mention by name.