Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like they are downplaying the importance of 4680, so I don't think we'll ever see them in the existing lineup other than Cybertruck
I think there are enough battery suppliers producing 4680, Tesla has accomplished their goal which was to encourage suppliers to mass manufacture the 4680 form factor. Batteries are low margin, they will be commoditized further like solar panels. Tesla would prefer to be in higher margin businesses that cannot be commoditized.

This isn't a small start up anymore.
Indeed, Tesla is a dozen startups, in the words of founder Elon Musk. I think I'm beginning to see your problem: you want to view Tesla through the lens of Wall Street and it's critics, whereas Tesla exists in a brand new universe of its own creation. There has never been another company quite like it. Ergo, love it or leave it, you're just wasting your strength swimming against the tide.

No more of this management by the seat of your pants
It's called agile manufacturing: Fail fast, learn quickly, adjust and reload. The only unforgivable sin is to waste time. That's the business philosophy that has brought Elon's companies to the point they're at today, and that's what shareholders will be voting on in June.

I'm voting "YES, moar please!"

For me, the most important comment Elon made was (maybe because I didn’t realise it until Elon said it) that , if Tesla realises FSD, all other manufacturers will have to license it, because otherwise nobody will buy their cars.

Yes, once one or two big names license the rest will follow or die. No one is ever catching up to Tesla in regards to Autonomy. Apple scrapped their autonomous project after pouring billions in, they realised it's over, Tesla has won the race.

Distributed inference compute farm. Anybody got a ballpark figure on the value of that? If say 50% opted in for 10hrs a day x 7 million cars. Is it a stock price mover?
Only downside is the energy use and the sounds of cooling and relays closing coming from the garage. We have excess home solar so the energy is free. I’d opt in if it paid for my tyres and rego.

Edit. I figure the base rate paid to car owners has to at least cover energy - say 50c/hr? $5/day * 300days/year (exclude days car isn’t home) = $1,500/yr. Yeah, that covers tyres.
Let’s say Tesla makes the same, by charging $1/hr. $1.5k x 3.5million = roughly $5 billion per annum.

Only question is will the market pay $1/hr for the inference compute power of one Tesla? (It has two independent chips).

Last edited:
"Anyone here thinking about Tesla stock, i encourage you to drive FSD, anyone who hasn't won't understand Tesla" - EM
He’s not wrong that they should. Will they all understand. Absolutely not. And that’s okay. They can carry on being oblivious.

We have people here who don’t understand what’s happening with FSD. All they can do is point out what doesn’t work for them. My car recently drove me hundreds of miles; two lanes, mountain passes, super highway, city, roundabouts including, with authority and way more confidence than I could have mustered, a complex roundabout imbedded in another roundabout - like WTH!? - and then later thought it should turn left on what used to be a road through a moving train 🤷, but then realized ‘no longer a road’, corrected itself and went down the road further and turned at the lights like it should. Many people would be ‘it tried to kill me!!!’ and ‘it’s not ready for prime time’. Me? I was 🤣😂 ‘****! That’s amazing! It figured out its mistake, corrected itself, and executed. It didn’t give up. It worked the problem, found the solution. 🤯

Distributed inference compute farm. Anybody got a ballpark figure on the value of that? If say 50% opted in for 10hrs a day x 7 million cars. Is it a stock price mover?
Only downside is the energy use and the sounds of cooling and relays closing coming from the garage. We have excess home solar so the energy is free. I’d opt in if it paid for my tyres and rego.
And the (WIFI) bandwidth needed to get the input data to the car and the results back.

PG. 8 of the earnings deck "...seamlessly integrate ridehailing into the Tesla App..."

PG. 8 more than doubled compute QoQ!!!! 40+ ExoFLOPS!!!!
Screenshot_20240423_191335_Samsung Notes.jpg

PG. 17 preview of the Ridehailing service
Screenshot_20240423_191423_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited: