Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headline: Shortsville Times

YES we have no model 3's

upload_2019-4-26_17-2-31.png

How can Tesla continue when they have such a small inventory ?
Compare this with Earl's Trucks in West Bumble. He has over 400 on just one lot !

Lol, I think there's a lot of shorting activity in these two days. I expect next week to slightly rebound after good delivery number in April.

Shorts could get burned really bad if EM just decided to get all friends buy in at a cheap price to reduce the float and force shorts to cover.
Huge short squeeze and min 10% rally if Elon announced he's quitting twitter...then on to 300s.

Interesting insight from AutoLine. I live in a *huge* apartment building on the San Francisco Peninsula. In my building's garage there is zero Tesla. None. The reason is very simple... there is no EV charger in the building at all.
Also... There is no EV charger in my office building's garage. In the past 3 years our office moved 3 times, but we stayed in SF. None of the office buildings had EV chargers... because they are sooo cramped that you can't even fit a bicycle rack in there.
And this is SF, fairly close to the tesla HQ.

Maybe I'm the minority, but it would be fairly inconvenient for me to drive a Tesla.
Dude, how many Superchargers are in your area? I can’t even see SF on the map because of all the red dots.

Just a small reminder that the similarities between Amazon and Tesla are very striking in terms of how their core business was viewed, valued, and attacked by bears and shorts in the first 10-12 years of their existence.

Amazon's stock price was very volatile at times and also very stagnant at different times, sometimes not having a significant net increase or decrease over multiple years. Their revenue growth was lumpy and they had multiple quarters where their losses were way higher than expected due to expansion and ramping. There was constant views of "they'll go bankrupt anytime with these losses". Eventually a small little thing called AWS came along which forced Amazon to be viewed as more than just a online "Walmart" as well as path to strong profits...…..while the core business continued to expand and it's dominance was simply too much to ignore.

New agreement has a bullet list of items that require pre-review by the lawyer.
Attached hereto as Exhibit 2 is the proposed Order Amending the Final Judgment (the “Order”) to which Defendant agreed. The proposed Order would replace and supersede subpart (b) of paragraph IV of the Final Judgment with the following language:
comply with all mandatory procedures implemented by Tesla, Inc. (the “Company”) regarding the oversight of communications relating to the Company made in any format, including, but not limited to, posts on social media (e.g., Twitter), the Company’s website (e.g., the Company’s blog), press releases, and
Case 1:18-cv-08865-AJN Document 46 Filed 04/26/19 Page 2 of 5
investor calls; and obtain the pre-approval of an experienced securities lawyer employed by the Company (“Securities Counsel”) of any written communication that contains information regarding any of the following topics:

• the Company’s financial condition, statements, or results, including earnings or guidance;
  • potential or proposed mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, tender offers, or joint ventures;
  • production numbers or sales or delivery numbers (whether actual, forecasted, or projected) that have not been previously published via pre-approved written communications issued by the Company (“Official Company Guidance”) or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance;
  • new or proposed business lines that are unrelated to then-existing business lines (presently includes vehicles, transportation, and sustainable energy products);
  • projection, forecast, or estimate numbers regarding the Company’s business that have not been previously published in Official Company Guidance or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance;
  • events regarding the Company’s securities (including Musk’s acquisition or disposition of the Company’s securities), credit facilities, or financing or lending arrangements;
  • nonpublic legal or regulatory findings or decisions;
  • any event requiring the filing of a Form 8-K by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including:
  • change in control; or
  • a change in the Company’s directors; any principal executive officer, president, principal financial officer, principal accounting officer, principal operating officer, or any person performing similar functions, or any named executive officer; or
  • such other topics as the Company or the majority of the independent members of its Board of Directors may request, if it or they believe pre-approval of communications regarding such additional topics would protect the interests of the Company’s shareholders; and

New agreement has a bullet list of items that require pre-review by the lawyer.

• the Company’s financial condition, statements, or results, including earnings or guidance;
  • potential or proposed mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, tender offers, or joint ventures;
  • production numbers or sales or delivery numbers (whether actual, forecasted, or projected) that have not been previously published via pre-approved written communications issued by the Company (“Official Company Guidance”) or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance;
  • new or proposed business lines that are unrelated to then-existing business lines (presently includes vehicles, transportation, and sustainable energy products);
  • projection, forecast, or estimate numbers regarding the Company’s business that have not been previously published in Official Company Guidance or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance;
  • events regarding the Company’s securities (including Musk’s acquisition or disposition of the Company’s securities), credit facilities, or financing or lending arrangements;
  • nonpublic legal or regulatory findings or decisions;
  • any event requiring the filing of a Form 8-K by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including:
  • change in control; or
  • a change in the Company’s directors; any principal executive officer, president, principal financial officer, principal accounting officer, principal operating officer, or any person performing similar functions, or any named executive officer; or
  • such other topics as the Company or the majority of the independent members of its Board of Directors may request, if it or they believe pre-approval of communications regarding such additional topics would protect the interests of the Company’s shareholders; and

My brain hurts reading that!