Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of news coverage here in BC on all the latest developments as far as the 10.000 dollar CEV and Federal EV grants. Kinda cool because they come right off the price. Right now the new prices for our two top choices are about

Tesla Model 3 SR plus at 50350
Nissan Leaf Eplus SL at 39150.

We still lean towards the Leaf for charging reasons but the model 3 is tempting.

I’m willing to bet there won’t be an inventory Tesla SR plus in BC for months. Let alone Leafs or Kias. Maybe a few of the bolts will start to clear out as well.

Woohoo. Going to be a banner year for EV’s.
I've spent a fair amount of time in a friend's 2019 Leaf. It is by no means any contest for the Model 3. I know you have some charging issues for road trips in your area, but those will be worked out. When I bought my Model S in early 2013, there were 6 Superchargers in the whole world! Today, I need not even plan out my road trips.

Lots of news coverage here in BC on all the latest developments as far as the 10.000 dollar CEV and Federal EV grants. Kinda cool because they come right off the price. Right now the new prices for our two top choices are about

Tesla Model 3 SR plus at 50350
Nissan Leaf Eplus SL at 39150.

We still lean towards the Leaf for charging reasons but the model 3 is tempting.

I’m willing to bet there won’t be an inventory Tesla SR plus in BC for months. Let alone Leafs or Kias. Maybe a few of the bolts will start to clear out as well.

Woohoo. Going to be a banner year for EV’s.
Charging reasons?

PS. as for 1) I wonder if the Tesla could sample the available friction to the road surface in a manner that would be both safe and not noticeable to the occupants of the car. It could f.ex. momentarily increase torque on one axle and brake (regeneratively) on the other, and check whether any tire would start to slip. I think this should be possible, typically without any net change in the vehicle speed. Then the GUI could display a warning light: "Available road friction is about to be exhausted"....
That sure might work but also risk the car's control. I'd test traction available with a little wheel on a long arm. Think of an inline skate sized wheel but optimized for durability and correlation with car tires.
But since Tesla supposed to be the wizards of machine learning, how hard would it be now really to place a few sensors under the car (UV, heat, etc) and fill a database with test data in all possible conditions? Sounds like a tech uni freshman's project to be honest. Certainly a Tesla intern could figure this out. With enough data collected on road surfaces and measured traction in various conditions, and plotting them on a map real time as the whole fleet logs data, should be rather helpful. Heck, this data might be valuable to others. Know the road surface temperature and moisture in all of the developed world, in real time.

I think of how important it is to get away from the Saudi fossils every time I pump gas (four times ytd).

So with apologies to those who think one should not advertise the referral code, here is my tweet announcing my Model 3 order (with a photo of my current means of transportation):
Lars Kr. Lundin on Twitter

Regarding the cesspool that is Twitter I went (in the words of Elon Musk) "in the Arena", so let's see how battered I come out:

Lars Kr. Lundin on Twitter

Seems like you stumbled across one of the retards* who has blocked me... :D

* with all due respect to actual retards, who are probably very nice people

upload_2019-5-1_16-39-21.png

Out of the stocks I own Tsla is making me the most worried right now. But I realized after watching the Chamath interview that all my worry is just for the stock Tsla. The company Tesla is killing it right now. They have completed part one of their master plan and are well on their way to completing part deux.

There will be some days like today for a month or two when lower volume lets the stock drift way down. Good buying opportunities. I was too close to holding 420 so i fixed that today. Probably peanuts compared to most here but don't knock it. I have 0.00024% of Tesla now.:cool:

I've spent a fair amount of time in a friend's 2019 Leaf. It is by no means any contest for the Model 3. I know you have some charging issues for road trips in your area, but those will be worked out. When I bought my Model S in early 2013, there were 6 Superchargers in the whole world! Today, I need not even plan out my road trips.
I believe it. But if Tesla spends money on Superchargers in the places where we have to travel, well, they could probably better spend their Supercharger budget elsewhere. It may just come down to us renting a vehicle that can do Chademo or CCS a couple times per year. Or even a gasser. We have some time before we buy. We’ll figure it out.

Another vertical drop and no bounce

Relentless short attacks. This has got to stop, someone do something!

I did my part yesterday by ordering a brand new Model X.

What I don’t understand is this: the new car I just ordered is a maxed out top of the line P100DL but still $15K cheaper than the 90D that I bought 3 years ago! Why did Tesla lower prices on flagship X and S? The car is so much better now, they should have raised prices! It’s not like people who buy this car are poor! Feels like a tax cut for the super rich.

This should be a good time for the big sharks to cover their short positions and let retail shorts get duped into loading up. I never did expect the hedge funds to get creamed on their short positions. They usual can manipulate the price to whatever they need. I could be wrong tho. Some big shorts seem pretty stupid and they don’t see the writing on the wall.

Reactions: neroden and humbaba
Relentless short attacks. This has got to stop, someone do something!

I did my part yesterday by ordering a brand new Model X.

What I don’t understand is this: the new car I just ordered is a maxed out top of the line P100DL but still $15K cheaper than the 90D that I bought 3 years ago! Why did Tesla lower prices on flagship X and S? The car is so much better now, they should have raised prices! It’s not like people who buy this car are poor! Feels like a tax cut for the super rich.

They reduced price due to tax credit phase out and the model 3 being too good. It's impossible right now for Tesla to switch to the newer cells due to limited production so they will just lower price on the higher end cars. But like you said, people who spends over 100k on a car probably could car less.

This should be a good time for the big sharks to cover their short positions and let retail shorts get duped into loading up. I never did expect the hedge funds to get creamed on their short positions. They usual can manipulate the price to whatever they need. I could be wrong tho. Some big shorts seem pretty stupid and they don’t see the writing on the wall.
Unless the goal is not to make money, but to bring down Tesla.