Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, we are now in 2013 territory, when they were only making a few Model S vehicles and nobody believed they would sell more than 20,000 cars/year. No Gigafactory, No Model X, no Model 3, no Y in development, no China Factory, no $25+ Billion in annual Revenue, no NY factory, no large Supercharger network, No 400,000+ cars in annual sales, No Autopilot and self driving around the corner, etc. It is so oversold it is comical. The question is how much lower can they push it before it snaps back hard?!?
Back then Elon had an ounce of credibility and guidance was believable. Now we can’t trust the companies own projections. It’s almost like, why buy now when you can buy after Q2 when the stock drops even more? Since it doesn’t look like they will be close to 90k deliveries

OT - somewhat.

Still a few hours behind reading so hopefully this hasn't been mentioned yet or the topic been banned by the mods...

The CR article has several misleading statements, the most glaring of which he made makes it sound as if the driver has to jump through hoops to turn NoA off. Not true, unless the M3 he drove is different than my MS. Simply touch the blue NoA "button" which is clearly displayed on screen, and you're back to AP without NoA active for that trip, or until you hit it again to turn NoA back on. Painless, and one would think even a "reporter" could figure it out, or at least report honestly about it.

He also glaringly did not report how speed based lane change was configured, mild, average or mad max. While I have not tested all 3 yet, and only recently changed from mad max to mild on my last trip, I feel as though the setting makes a difference. Sadly, the traffic I was in was heavy, with some lanes moving much faster than others, and many A types cutting everyone off as if they really needed those 5 extra seconds to get to their destination. I'll reserve judgement on this setting making a change in NoA operation until I can test it properly.

Lastly, NoA is new. Just like ALL AP features, the first iteration is always wonky. It will improve, but go ahead CR, lay on the FUD, as those intent on killing Tesla off need even more ammunition.

I’m after multiple objectives that go beyond making money and are also quite positive in themselves by buying and holding TSLA.

For some of us, our perception of risk may differ from yours because we are estimating this risk in the context of profound global dangers and unprecedented technological opportunities.

How does you owning their stock help their mission (unless you bought at IPO or during an offering)? I get how buying their products helps.[/QUOTE]
For me I bought the product first...then bought the stock...and continue to buy more.

Yeah, we are now in 2013 territory, when they were only making a few Model S vehicles and nobody believed they would sell more than 20,000 cars/year. No Gigafactory, No Model X, no Model 3, no Y in development, no China Factory, no $25+ Billion in annual Revenue, no NY factory, no large Supercharger network, No 400,000+ cars in annual sales, No Autopilot and self driving around the corner, etc. It is so oversold it is comical. The question is how much lower can they push it before it snaps back hard?!?

Crazy to think we are in 2013 territory, but more importantly how rapid it has gotten here. The movements feel like the "fire days."

We passed the shorts in control phase, now we are at the mercy of TA, then comes covering, then comes (hopefully) a mini bull phase. The difference now is Elon doesn't/can't tweet anything company related (erring on the side of caution) on his normal Thursday runs.

The next catalyst that we have in the near term are really Pickup truck reveal and also when the first car rolls GF3. Till then we'll have to stay on the ride.

$180 has been a very strong long term support... I guess that's what's next.

EG6MFTj.png

Consumer Reports, the magazine? maybe I'll pick one up when I return my movie rentals to Blockbuster.

Consumer Reports article on autopilot lane changing is way way off from what I've experienced.

It is like they sent some testers out for a day, got some notes, made sweeping generalizations from them.

Advice to CU:

Use it for a couple of weeks. Get used to driving with it.

Then turn it off. See how you miss it.

Then you'll have an actual correct point of view on it.

Back then Elon had an ounce of credibility and guidance was believable. Now we can’t trust the companies own projections. It’s almost like, why buy now when you can buy after Q2 when the stock drops even more? Since it doesn’t look like they will be close to 90k deliveries

There is really 0 reason besides being a Tesla bull to try and catch this falling knife right now. One can likely do better by buying in after Q2 and missing out on a little gain (if Tesla does surprise) than buying now and hoping for a bounce purely because of optimism and one’s biased affinity for Tesla.

Shorts and their horde of a-holes were just sitting in wait for a quarter like Q1. Now they are milking it for all its worth before Q2 revenues come out and potentially kills their narrative.

and yea, Musk has in large part created this problem all by himself. maybe he likes to create dire circumstances to motivate himself?

If we hit 90K deliveries they are all proven wrong...end of story. So they are doing the smart thing if you are short...hit em hard when a weakness is exposed before they get up again and hit back.

I don't know if they hit 90K or not. I am concerned about the slow delivery of the new S/X vehicles.

In any case we have no choice but to take it on the chin until Q2 earnings reports guys and gals. GLTAL...

I’m after multiple objectives that go beyond making money and are also quite positive in themselves by buying and holding TSLA.

For some of us, our perception of risk may differ from yours because we are estimating this risk in the context of profound global dangers and unprecedented technological opportunities.

How does you owning their stock help their mission (unless you bought at IPO or during an offering)? I get how buying their products helps.[/QUOTE]
At it's core, buying a stock is an investment into the company.
Shorts and their horde of a-holes were just sitting in wait for a quarter like Q1. Now they are milking it for all its worth before Q2 revenues come out and potentially kills their narrative.
Their narrative will never end. TSLA could be at 5k a share and they would still be talking about an upcoming failure.

But ya know, none of us are here to donate money to a multi billionaire. Smart money says that they will miss again as there has been nothing to the contrary to indicate otherwise. Great product and I’m sure they will eventually succeed but if you sat down with a team of people you couldn’t plan and map out a worse PR strategy than what Tesla has done.

Just sayin. Fire one engineer and hire one PR guy.

If huge brokerage houses are selling and replaced by the individual investor, is there a positive to that?
I wonder if the opposite is happening. I think the individual investor has been scared into selling, and the institutions are just waiting on the sidelines to see how cheap they can buy the shares. Then they will start buying like crazy and cause a mild squeeze all the way back to 360.

At its core buying the stock is you giving your money to the person selling the stock. If that entity is the company, your money goes to the company. If it is another trader, nothing has been done to increase the companies revenues, chance of survival, or cash on the books.
Just look at the recent Maxwell deal and/or cash raise. Higher SP would have meant more money in Tesla's pockets.