Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stop. Nobody gets same day fender let alone thinks about it. It’s only on some people’s mind because Tesla is under a microscope. Plenty of others have dealt with bodywork delays for other makes of cars.
My body shop guy told me that they had similar parts problems with most cars (they deal with mostly with high end, but do lots of Audi, VW, Volvo etc. He suggested that part of the problem is the more complex aluminum and steel parts.
That does not make me feel better; Tesla should set the high standard.

Reactions: neroden
Musk keeps trapping bears and they are truly afraid. That’s why short interest stands at a multi-year low, and even lower with Friday’s drop. Very funny.
1DF82847-9074-4ED0-B4F3-7B59CBBAF4AA.jpeg

Basic question - as always is - is the market crazier than Musk ;)

Here is what happened the last few quarters after a date was set for ER and ER itself. I looked at the SP a day after the event - and for ER upto 15 days after ER to find out the highest/lowest (name named extreme below) as well as how many days it took for the SP to come back to pre-ER level.

Interestingly when the SP went down after ER, it usually came back up within 15 days (2 times within 3 days). When SP went up, it didn't come back within 15 trading days.

After setting the ER date - except for the last Q3, the SP hasn't moved much. It has gone up or mostly down, by small %.

TSLA-ER.png

Last edited:
Yeah but months for a part in the US is unheard of. Tesla really needs to get their service and parts areas together. Gotta retain customers.

I’ve said nothing to the contrary. But let’s not be making stuff up like you can pull into any OEM and have your fender changed in 30 minutes or less, or it’s free. You can’t and we all know it.

My body shop guy told me that they had similar parts problems with most cars (they deal with mostly with high end, but do lots of Audi, VW, Volvo etc. He suggested that part of the problem is the more complex aluminum and steel parts.
That does not make me feel better; Tesla should set the high standard.

Why? Why should Tesla set the high standard? Why doesn’t everyone set a high standard?

Basic question - as always is - is the market crazier than Musk ;)

Here is what happened the last few quarters after a date was set for ER and ER itself. I looked at the SP a day after the event - and for ER upto 15 days after ER to find out the highest/lowest (name named extreme below) as well as how many days it took for the SP to come back to pre-ER level.

Interestingly when the SP went down after ER, it usually came back up within 15 days (2 times within 3 days). When SP went up, it didn't come back within 15 trading days.

After setting the ER date - except for the last Q3, the SP hasn't moved much. It has gone up or mostly down, by small %.

View attachment 370469
Your graph is missing column headers.

The timing of this tweet was odd. One day before the firing happened. I thought more ppl would comment on Musk posting this and am surprised this is the first one ive seen. Tesla may have some tricks coming up...

I think we are reading into the timing of this tweet too much. Elon has often tweeted articles related to the advancements of AI.

Rather have same day fender. Like 99.5% of the population.
My post was obviously in jest.However I think the number of people when buying a new car that think about fender repair is pretty damn small.
Of course there are a few but the vast majority of new car buyers are excited for the machine. They want the new car smell...ever watch a car commercial on TV...they want that new car smirk/smile.

Should Tesla improve on the service end...yep.
Is it costing some sales because folks are concerned about it...probably a few.
But my sense is it is a very very small number....kinda like the few people who post about a .0000001 millimeter flaw in their paint.

Fendergate is a nothing burger.