Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 month Vs NASDAQ and 1 month Vs NASDAQ. So we're tracking almost exactly in line with the index since mid-April when the stock was about $270 - $273. If NASDAQ gets up to 8200, I'd be looking for TSLA at $270.

NASDAQ Last 6 months
NASDAQ6m.png

TSLA Last 6 months
TSLA6m.png

NASDAQ Last Month
NASDAQ1m.png

TSLA Last month
TSLA1m.png

It's not just that the public releases are a weeks old. Entire feature sets may be omitted from them, or not updated to the current version of that feature, and those features only available / built into internal development releases. Another example is the Early Access Program releases which often get one specific thing to test but end up being actually quite a bit behind of the public releases in other aspects.

There is not a single timeline of software evolution, there are many in parallel, merging, diverging, getting ahead and behind, and sometimes never to be merged again or only merged a long time after a feature A is complete and validated because without some other feature B must be completed and validated before it makes sense to release it into the public.
I think we are talking about two different things.

You are talking about the universe of possibilities. I'm talking about the likely way it is happening, given what we know from autonomy day & hacked Tesla, what we hear from Musk etc.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Tesla offers some new inventory for sale on their site - you can see it directly there, or more easily at ev-cpo.com, which collects the data from the Tesla site and provides it in a more helpful way. This inventory has specific VIN numbers and is not already matched to existing customer orders.

Do you mean that all unassigned VINs showed as available for immediate sale from inventory on the Tesla site (and also ev-cpo.com, which makes it easier to view), even though there were already customers for those configurations waiting to be matched? I hadn't imagined that they would do that, but then it's not surprising when deliveries generally seem disorganised.

Any idea if some of the same cars are included or if this is a new batch? I haven't been watching actual VINs.
How do you know when they arrived? When you say arrived last week that is a somewhat wide range. Arrived last Sunday is very different then arrived this past Saturday. Would also say if trying to maximize quarter sales sending a bunch of extra cars with common configs over with a few weeks left in the quarter is a good idea if you can manufacture beyond the orders. Make extra in May for Europe and China and make none in June because of shipping. Keep all June manufacturing for US and Canada. When I say May and June give or take a week or two based on how fast they can actually get a car from Fremont to delivery in those regions.

Fred alert, Fred alert!

Tesla is planning a series of surprises for the second half of the year - Electrek

Synposis: a hugely positive article about what's coming in 2H19 and bonus points for there being no "Electrek's Take"

If Fred's writing stuff like this then the squeeze is definitely on :D

Sorry folks - I've removed the paste of the whole article as it breaks the TMC rules - don't want Mr Grumpy after me...

More Electrek:

Tesla holds its value 2 times better than average gasoline car, study says - Electrek

The first Tesla Pickup truck is here - sort of - Electrek