Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that she's got an attourney involved. I wonder if her lack of retention was ... more nuanced... than being simply "redundant" / "surplus".

Indeed, maybe her insider Tweeting maybe caught-up with her.

A shame as she seems a nice girl and was clearly invested in the Mission.

I wish her the best.

And one more thing about Lathrop. Few days back Tesla posted this job offer Maintenance Technician, Production Facilities (Day Shift) - Lathrop | Tesla. It seems to me that it’s not job offer for the existing building which they refer to as Parts Distribution Warehouse but for the newly constructed one. They even call it Production Facility in the title and from the job description it doesn't seem like a job in a warehouse.

To me, it reads like a general mechanical/ HVAC/ facilities position...

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm happy to see the advanced summon being "regulatory approved" as it shows continuous progress of their AI development. Can't wait to hear about the FSD testing going on now...hopefully Elon will give an update on the testing of FSD and the real coast to coast demo!

Adv Summon - not yet as I read it, but soon. This will be big if they can get the auto seek and park feature with sign reading functional (not just following me around). But his tweet about Tesla Sentry (camera surround security coming for EAP owners) will be nice! Didn't know that was even on the table.

Expect an ER update here along with other AI news on what to expect! Maybe a demo with Early Testers at minimum.
It's the #1 reason we got this car, with #2 being low maintenance and efficiency. FSD paid in full from day one (already worth more)!

Reactions: dmvevguy
Just bought more shares and sold more OTM PUTs for February. Thanks shorts. I'll take your money.

Thats a good strategy for ER.

im going to initiate a straddle spread option for Feb ER @ eod. Net net, I will be long between 250-270$ post ER if tsla < $285

Tesla downgrade by RBC means more analysts on WS have 'sell' ratings than 'buy' on stock. Maybe Positive contrarian signal to buy tsla :)

Same I had most of my 401k in index funds. After I bought my MS I was subjected to mind control waves from I assume the radio and started buying Tesla stock.

Now every time I get in my car and go for a drive i have this strong urge to buy more.
Clearly Elon is sending subliminal commands to buy stock through the car.

I am doomed as I will be driving home from the airport today so it looks like I will have to by more stock!
So, you are on the Neural Network too? :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Unpilot
Any chance that a bunch of the layoffs for S/X were in the Fremont battery pack assembly hall?

If Tesla is migrating the flagship cars to 2170 format, perhaps they’re adopting a Model 3 style setup where the packs and drive units are going to come from Sparks ready to install and the current process at Fremont is no longer necessary.

If this is the case the required headcount might be quite a bit lower.

Ok, this is going to be old fashioned harsh from be. But you guys need to hear it.

There is some serious self-delusion going on here. Up until today not a peep but suddenly everyone is : "O they cut production on the S/X, sure that was expected; no big deal.". No, it wasn't. No one here was operating under that assumption (and to my shame I must I admit, not even I was, will I tend to be one of the more pessimist bulls).

This is bad news. Simple as that. Stop deluding yourself about the healthy margins they're going to make. The reality is that demand fell sufficiently that the 75 S/X may simple be back to single digit gross margins or maybe even at gross margin. Cutting the model isn't about creating demand for the P3D, it's about stopping the bleeding. In fact, after disgusting this news I did a quick survey of the user part of this forum. I have found not a single (!) post about a US customer asking questions with an eye toward a possible S/X order, let alone someone confirming a new order after new year. Plenty of CPO talk, but those are negative to the bottom line (and the talk wasn't very positive either). Q1 we'll be back to a better 3 mix yet we'll be barely profitable. We know now why : 2 major markets taking a dive due to fiscal changes was simply too much for Tesla to absorb.

TeslaLand here really is an interesting place. Every news is positive news.

Production rate is increasing? Great news!
Production rate is decreasing? Even better!

Stock going up? Yay for my long position.
Stock going down? Yay I will buy more.

Paint lady tweeting details about production rate? She's the best.
Paint lady is laid off? She was tweeting, she deserved it.

The Orwelian world of Muskophiles...

Sounds awfully similar to Shortsville.

Production rate is increasing? Tesla is making a bunch of vehicles they can't sell!
Production rate is decreasing? Tesla can't sell its vehicles!

Stock going up? Yay I will short more.
Stock going down? Yay I'm earning money.

Sandy Munro releasing a video saying Model 3s suck? He's the best.
Sandy Munro releasing video after video, interview after interview saying Model 3 is amazing and revolutionary? He's being paid off by Tesla.

No one here was operating under that assumption (and to my shame I must I admit, not even I was, will I tend to be one of the more pessimist bulls)

Don't tell me what assumptions I have been operating under - thanks.

Talk bad about your own mistaken views, but don't insert views into other peoples' minds.

I had no clue whether would be layoffs (or simply internal movement of employees), and if so, what the timing would be. Or that the market would have such an extreme freakout to something so obvious. But I pointed out on the very day that they announced killing off the 75D that this cuts their max rate of production.

Yes, there were plenty of other people going, "Oh, this just means that they're switching to 2170s, and production rates will go up!" I've repeatedly pointed out that Tesla is focused on the more valuable midrange segments, and that's where their capital is going.

So please, don't deign to put thoughts in other peoples' heads.

1300 per day is over 9000 per week. WOW, Bloomberg Tesla Model 3 counter says under 5000 per week. If that doesn't give the stock a pop I don't know what will.
I'm not QUITE sure, but I believe the paint is shared between models, so 9k would be the total production per week. 2k being S/X leaves only 7k for the 3, and that may not be enough. This could also be a rationale for cutting down on S/X a bit, besides higher margin. But who knows, eh?

ED: Karen beat me to it, of course. Should have scrolled some more, but late already ...

Are we pretending the same thing doesn’t occur over in TSLAQ land?

I see you're still being intentionally disingenuous.

Production rate increase for a high volume car is good.

Production decrease for a low volume car, when shifting to higher margin options, is to be expected.

Stock going up is good. We all know this is inevitable.

Stock going down on inconsequential "news" is irrational and a good buying opportunity. Again, we know where this is headed.

Paint lady tweeting is potentially informative yet stupid.

Better Margins
Better Margins
Better Margins

Been predicting this for about a month now. And then there's...

More Cash Flow
More Cash Flow
More Cash Flow

Quote me please!

This game ALL about margins. Yes, volume is the other side of that coin, but producing more vehicles with poor margins is easy. Mass production with good margins is the challenge. And it's the challenge in which Tesla has consistently been beating short expectations.of an "unprofitable" Model 3.

Particularly in Europe and China, where most Q1 demand likely lies, the size of the Model 3 should be more appropriate for most buyers.

Europeans and Japanese prefer smaller cars.

Americans and Chinese prefer larger cars. Like Americans, most Chinese that buy smaller cars do so because they can't afford a bigger car or are unwilling to spend more for a car. And more so than Americans, Chinese prefer flashier cars.

Wait, let me get some Popcorn.:cool:

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and NicoV
2m shares already. People are sick of this s***. Elon is sick of this s***... wouldn’t be surprised if a holding company is soaking up shares to go private...

Is it too much to ask you to stop posting every five minutes with the same emotional outrage, day after day. Don’t you have a therapist or a spouse to assist you?
In the bag maybe? ;):eek:

Well here is no fear only love. I hope one day you join us...