Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I need to recalculate inventory, receivables, payables - and possibly rethink ASP & Margin a bit.

But, gaap profit looks unlikely (with current assumptions 206M loss). @luvb2b model is has it even worse at ~$300M loss (slightly less deliveries assumed). Barring special revenue from Zev credits etc, we won't see gaap profit - but we can see a small non-gaap profit. That itself will be huge.

This is how the shorts will spin negatively.

I.e. “Even with record deliveries Tesla still can’t make a profit”.

Tesla makes the BEST cars in the world. WHAT DEMAND PROBLEM?!?

But... but... wait, this as good as it is going to get, plus margins, plus Tesla killers are coming, plus SEC doesn’t approve of Elon’s latest tweet... for the love of all that is shorty and holy, Spiegel would not lie to me!!! Goldman Sacs, why have you forsaken us!???!!!!

steam.gif

She has broken loose!

Question: I'm seeing 1.1M shares in after hours. I know that is a lot, but I don't pay that much attention to after hours volume so I'm really not sure how much more than normal that is. 10x?
Very low - <1000 per minute. First 30 minutes after P&D looks more like normal day opening >~50k per minute.