Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always wondered why anyone would even consider buying a Mitsubishi. I mean, in what single category are they better than any other brand?

In this case, they had a good size PHEV SUV that is affordable and sells pretty well. Having the same plug in range as a Prius Prime in a much larger AWD vehicle for just a bit more money is no small feat. Wife thought it was too big, though. I actually kind of liked it in a plush highway cruiser with huge cargo space kind of way, but different strokes and all.

For the NDEW event, this dealer also carries Toyota and Volvo, so the dealer has multiple PHEV options to show. It's hard to get dealers to even respond about NDEW (yeah sure, the manager will call me), so I take what I can get. Local dealers really do not want to promote EVs of any stripe.

Last edited:
I found it interesting that 6:30pm ABC National news carried the story of an auto accident in Moscow. They even used it as a tease. Were there deaths ... no. Was there a weapon involved .... no. Was there a politician involved.... no.

Oh, it must have been a Tesla ....

Honestly, how is it that an auto accident in frickin' Russia makes national news on a different continent?

I found it interesting that 6:30pm ABC National news carried the story of an auto accident in Moscow. They even used it as a tease. Were there deaths ... no. Was there a weapon involved .... no. Was there a politician involved.... no.

Honestly, how is it that an auto accident in frickin' Russia makes national news on a different continent?
It’s reassuring. Peak nonsense is upon us.

It's to teach Tesla a lesson for not paying ABC or its affiliates to run advertisements, which the other automakers and dealerships do quite heavily.

It's hard to get dealers to even respond about NDEW (yeah sure, the manager will call me), so I take what I can get. Local dealers really do not want to promote EVs of any stripe.

This has been my experience as well. Most of the dealers with an EV only have one or two in stock and aren’t sure if they’ll have one to show at our event. I feel for the couple of enthusiastic ones that do participate, since they’re always outnumbered by Tesla owners and guess where the crowds flock to.

That accident is sadly reminiscent of the tragedy nearly three years ago when a young Chinese military driver borrowed his father's S and relied, to his demise, on AP which did not recognize the road sweeper that protruded slightly in the left shoulder. Litigation ensued, but how it was resolved has not been disclosed

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor