Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All good considerations, and ones that can be calculated.

But that last one seems subjective.

What's up mods? Singling people out?

Wondering why my post belongs in this thread, and not even the original poster I was responding to? It had nothing to do with FSD or Robo.

Mod: posts moved back to general thread. "Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained as finger trouble!" Apologies. --ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
The EU initiative is intended to lay the infrastructure for the sort of electric car boom envisaged by Norway and the Netherlands, which both plan to completely phase out vehicles with diesel engines by 2025.

A few corrections to the article: Norway wants to end the sale of all ICE's (not just diesel) in 2025 and The Netherlands wants to end the sale of all ICE's (not just diesel) in 2030 (not 2025).

This is a great synopsis of the Tesla picture, from many angles. Regarding the short conspiracy and the apparent futility in being long, the idea of a new security, in the form of a spinoff to existing shareholders, is looking more and more like the best (and maybe the only) way to solve this problem. JMO.
FWIW I've been saying the same damned thing in three orders of magnitude less detail (thanks, Jack!) since I started following Tesla stock in 2015. (As have many others).

Plans for an electric car charging point in every new home in Europe

Every new or refurbished house in Europe will need to be equipped with an electric vehicle recharging point, under a draft EU directive expected to come into effect by 2019.

In a further boost to prospects for the electric car market in Europe, the regulations due to be published before the end of the year state that by 2023, 10% of parking spaces in new buildings in the EU zone will also need recharging facilities.

The EU initiative is intended to lay the infrastructure for the sort of electric car boom envisaged by Norway and the Netherlands, which both plan to completely phase out vehicles with diesel engines by 2025.

(It's from October 2016.)

I was sent this interesting article after enjoying sunday dinner and some red. So I missed it's age. :oops:

Anyway I tried to look for anything coming out of this. The closest I found was this EU directive from 2018. It's not only about charging EVs. And it kicks some of the responsibilities to individual states. Charging points seem not to be mandatory. But cable ducts for enabling charging points seem to be.

EUR-Lex - 32018L0844 - EN - EUR-Lex

Building codes can be effectively used to introduce targeted requirements to support the deployment of recharging infrastructure in car parks of residential and non-residential buildings. Member States should provide for measures to simplify the deployment of recharging infrastructure with a view to addressing barriers such as split incentives and administrative complications which individual owners encounter when trying to install a recharging point on their parking space.

Ducting infrastructure provides the right conditions for the rapid deployment of recharging points if and where they are needed. Member States should ensure the development of electromobility in a balanced and cost-effective way. In particular, where a major renovation related to electrical infrastructure takes place, the pertinent installation of ducting infrastructure should follow.

With regard to new residential buildings and residential buildings undergoing major renovation, with more than ten parking spaces, Member States shall ensure the installation of ducting infrastructure, namely conduits for electric cables, for every parking space to enable the installation, at a later stage, of recharging points for electric vehicles, where:

(a)

the car park is located inside the building, and, for major renovations, renovation measures include the car park or the electric infrastructure of the building; or

(b)

the car park is physically adjacent to the building, and, for major renovations, renovation measures include the car park or the electrical infrastructure of the car park.

Member States shall provide for measures in order to simplify the deployment of recharging points in new and existing residential and non-residential buildings and address possible regulatory barriers, including permitting and approval procedures, without prejudice to the property and tenancy law of the Member States.

The methodology shall take into account features such as smart meters, building automation and control systems, self-regulating devices for the regulation of indoor air temperature, built-in home appliances, recharging points for electric vehicles, energy storage and detailed functionalities and the interoperability of those features, as well as benefits for the indoor climate condition, energy efficiency, performance levels and enabled flexibility.

No. I want to show people that positive thoughts and thinking leads to happiness in life. That’s scientifically proven despite many people always wanting to make things - in this case a real accomplishment - into a negativity.

Doesn’t matter if it’s 2% or more or less. The fact remains it’s 2% more than it was when they started and it should be celebrated not presented like it’s an ‘OMG! It’s just a surface scratch.

Sounds like Buddha to me and other spiritual leaders contributing to the technology of emotions.

Just letting y’all know that if you hold just half of your damn shares you’re going to be hella rich. Don’t daytrade or use margarine for your core holdings. Every family get together/party I convert people easily.

Icehole:
“Duhhh how about if I do a road trip derrr”
Me, a burrito:
“Just plug in your super far destination that you probably will never drive to and viola, it tells you where to stop”
Converted Icehole:
“Woah wicked sick 420 how are other manufacturers going to match this wtfomgbbq how to buy stonks”

It’s not the FSD, not the gas savings, not Elon’s hairplugs... it’s the superchargers, stupid. That’s what gets us to $420 a share after 420/1 split in 15-20 years.

An advice

Just letting y’all know that if you hold just half of your damn shares you’re going to be hella rich. Don’t daytrade or use margarine for your core holdings. Every family get together/party I convert people easily.

Good advice! My broker also recommends butter instead of margarine. ;)

Last edited:
I am surprised those on the "B is a new Tesla vehicle" bandwagon think Ford will allow it.

Ford Model B (1904) - Wikipedia
I'm actually not a huge fan of "Model B" for pickup. But besides "Bladerunner", it can stand for "Big" or "Bad-ass", etc. Trying to think of other letters that may work: F (a dig at Ford), G, H, K. No particular reason other than they sound like pick-up names. Kinda has to have a masculine ring to it. Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: STARR X
I see crazy accidents here all the time. Downtown SF has been designated a crisis area because of the high accident and death rate. Scary portions of this is ride share but that's not documented because the city hides it and settlements require NDA protection. A few weeks ago a woman rented a 3 and ran a light downtown killing at least one person. The 101 used to be tame years ago, I kid you not it is sometimes like a scene from Mad Max. A wile back on the Bay Bridge I saw a guy in my RVM coming up at about 80 in slow traffic, a few min later he was tires up and on fire with several cars totaled. I see that kind of driving almost daily and without FSD the Bay Area will likely self destruct.

Icehole:
“Duhhh how about if I do a road trip derrr”
Me, a burrito:
“Just plug in your super far destination that you probably will never drive to and viola, it tells you where to stop”
Converted Icehole:
“Woah wicked sick 420 how are other manufacturers going to match this wtfomgbbq how to buy stonks”

It’s not the FSD, not the gas savings, not Elon’s hairplugs... it’s the superchargers, stupid. That’s what gets us to $420 a share after 420/1 split in 15-20 years.

An advice

That's really why short sellers are gonna get burned - too much margarine and their gonna get ill from trans fats.

I see crazy accidents here all the time. Downtown SF has been designated a crisis area because of the high accident and death rate. Scary portions of this is ride share but that's not documented because the city hides it and settlements require NDA protection. A few weeks ago a woman rented a 3 and ran a light downtown killing at least one person. The 101 used to be tame years ago, I kid you not it is sometimes like a scene from Mad Max. A wile back on the Bay Bridge I saw a guy in my RVM coming up at about 80 in slow traffic, a few min later he was tires up and on fire with several cars totaled. I see that kind of driving almost daily and without FSD the Bay Area will likely self destruct.

SF is so elite even the homeless won't trade on or eat margarine.

SF tech bros are so douchey they are obsessed with beatig Strava course records so they don't want to stop for red lights.

SF is gonna turn into Lord of the Flies when there's 10% autonomous vehicles moving too slow. Expect Sentry mode to become really valuable.

So, funny thing happened while stopping at a car dealership in the Model 3...

Quick backstory: Last fall my wife was looking for a replacement for her car, an end of lease Rogue, and I wanted her to look at PHEV crossover/SUVs since the Model 3 was already on order. I worked with a local Mitsu salesman on an Outlander PHEV as one possibility. During the course of those discussions, he knew I was waiting on a Model 3 and told me to stop by with it after it arrived. Long story short, we didn't buy the Mitsu and I mostly forgot about the salesman who I thought was just playing nice with his comment and since we didn't buy anything from him, figured he probably didn't care.

Fast forward to this weekend. I am hitting up local dealers for an NDEW event and decided to stop at the Mitsu dealer and see if they would be willing to show a vehicle or two in Sep. As I pulled up in front of the dealer in the Model 3, the salesman that I worked with previously was sitting outside and he immediately got up and came over to the car and said "I've been waiting for you to stop by with this. Let's go for a ride!" I took him for a spin in the Model 3 before ever getting to talk to the manager about NDEW. He asked a lot of good questions and did seem genuinely interested and impressed with the car. We also talked a bit about charging it with solar and paying $5/month for electricity and he was definitely intrigued. I was a little chagrined about writing off his sincerity from before (lesson learned).

Definitely my first time showing up at a car dealer and the salesman wants a ride in your car without talking about anything on his lot!