Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it.

I also hope (but don’t expect) the requirements to be across the board for all vehicles and not just on EVs. Many ICE cars are very quiet at slow speeds, and I smell a rat with regs requiring EVs to make more noise than an ICE car.

Automakers focus on making (most) ICEv quiet on the inside, not the outside.

Only hybrids and mild hybrids are as quiet as BEVs. When in electric mode.

Otherwise not so much.

BTW I vote for tires on gravel sound for EVs at low speed. People instinctively know that is a car coming at you sound while not as annoying as tire on concrete/blacktop sound.

Reactions: VValleyEV
Up in Bloomingville they have an article about how 27% of Tesla execs are quitting every year.

What was the average turnaround time for execs in the tech industry again? Something like 4,5 years? At Tesla it's a little bit faster, just under 4 years. They want you to work hard, I guess that's not everyone's cup of tea. So please move on people, nothing to see here.

How about the Ebay of China?

More like the Amazon of China.
But those never needed to advertise and IPO in USA as they have more customers in China so no one really bothered to claim it.
As far as I know, the first version of which started as a group buy website. An ex of mine worked in the 4th largest such e market place. To be honest. They are all making crazy money and each have to specialized into their own niche to stand out from another. So to say there's an ebay or Amazon of China is quite hard.

Brought to you by POTUS.

You had one job before the election. Don't start a trade war when you are winning.

But those never needed to advertise and IPO in USA as they have more customers in China so no one really bothered to claim it.
As far as I know, the first version of which started as a group buy website. An ex of mine worked in the 4th largest such e market place. To be honest. They are all making crazy money and each have to specialized into their own niche to stand out from another. So to say there's an ebay or Amazon of China is quite hard.
OT

Alibaba owns Aliexpress, which ships from China all over the world. I use it with some frequency but in places where amazon doesn't exist/has small marketshare they do quite well. Such as eastern europe, the middle east, africa etc. The prices and product range on Alibaba would give Amazon a run for its money. The only failure is delivery time which can be more than 3 weeks. Amazons not going anywhere because all the infrastructure then invested in, but Alibaba services far more than China. Not to mention they are also the producer of movies like Star Trek movies, Mission Impossible movies and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Alibaba Pictures - Wikipedia

Brought to you by POTUS.

You had one job before the election. Don't start a trade war when you are winning.

People often say we're going to start a Trade War. Aren't we in it now or is there some financial definition that wasn't met yet?

Elon Musk and Tesla are impossible to root for, but we’re doing it anyway — Fast Company

This article kinda bugged me with the clickbaity title, but I remember a great article by this publication about the gigafactory, so I read it. I think Tesla is doing exactly what it needs right now, mainstream media will come around eventually, but it will probably take longer than most of us suspect. I don't blame Elon for not respecting the SEC.

I was sort of OK with it until I read this sentence: Some rival offerings are even chipping away at Tesla’s dominance. GM’s Chevy Bolt, for example, costs $36,000 and is capable of traveling 238 miles on a single charge—just 2 miles less than Tesla’s standard-version Model 3.

It also pitches GF3 as Tesla "going alone" in China rather than partnering with a local company, which shows a deep lack of understanding.

I don't think the author has any clue what he's talking about, I gt the impression he's stitched-together some articles he's read to make this opinion-piece.

For some reason my response to this question was deleted as not on topic but the question itself was left as on topic. I am out of here. If I can’t answer on topic posts it means this place is useless. You (mods) can not leave a question as on topic and delete the answer to the question.

Cya all.

Its a shame to see you go but I understand why. This thread is just too popular and often gets used for other discussions. Mods are doing what they can but its probably a full time job.

I don't think it was personal that they deleted your response and not the question.

Yes, you have to have more ‘feel’ in your foot to get the most satisfaction out of one pedal driving, including the ability to coast - which you can in a Tesla.

A friend has zero foot feel. In a gas car there is this constant speed up, slow down, speed up of just a few mph. It’s so bad it makes me a bit queasy and I’m not prone to getting car sick. In their 3 it’s still there but much less. I don’t know if the 3 has helped them develop some foot feel or if it’s something else Tesla has done to their cars’ reaction to pedal pressure, but I no longer have to tell the friend to pull the **** over so I can drive before I smack you upside the head and then vomit all over you. The 3 has saved our friendship.
OT; Therefore, I'm doing the right thing and asking - is there a Forum for this topic?

I too have terrible foot feel. But knowing nothing about non- 2-pedal EV's, I thought - and I headed my first post on this topic with a "Maybe" - I was thinking two pedal driving might be more versatile somehow. I guess the resulting TMC feedback has corrected my assumptions... assuming those who disagreed have driven the other EV's, so know for a fact.

The very few times I rode as a passenger in my car, when I experienced the constant speed up, slow down, speed up quesies of which you speak, it opened my eyes to what I might have been doing to MY passengers, so thereafter, I drive gently in Chill mode when not explicitly trying to wow them with the highest performance acceleration I could muster in Standard mode (X75D) (always demonstrate with open windows- the buildup of accelerating wind noise never fails to impress!)

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Seems like the downward trend is tapering around now.
It's Wednesday. Lots of money to be made on the down side with little risk for the shortzes in a no-news/low-volume period. Likely tests the lower BB soon enough. Then if they can, they'll drive SP lower to profit more before covering. If the lower BB holds, then the SP starts the slow crawl back up toward the 50-Day MA and if that holds the mid-BB.

Lotta time to short'n'distort on any unrelated/fake newz. Bah. Might deploy some dry powder, but it'll be for trading shares. Not touching my core postion.

Cheers!

Seems when the market rises, Tesla rises more. Then the same exaggeration going down (now).

Are there forces on each side that plan on this and causing it? Like Shorts wait for a market drop and hit Tesla especially hard - for the full effect while they conjure up a stupid FUD story). Bulls doing the same on the up days. This yield inversion today has nothing to do with Tesla, yet it gets hit 2x or 3x.

Or is it that it's just so popular a stock that the swings are amplified on plain crowd mentality?

Agree, this sound revolutionary. I wonder if there's a catch (reliability, mfg cost, lifespan...). This should be a Trillion dollar company if it's legit. (Recalling the Wankel Rotary Engine breakthrough... but if it weren't for those darn seals.)

Definitely big oil will attempt to buy their IP too. It makes the BEV case even stronger.
I'm a bit skeptical. It doesn't sound like they compared it to motors used in EVs, much less to cutting edge motors like the one Tesla developed for the Model 3. Rather, they compared it to bog standard electric motors. I admit to skimming, but what I got was that they were solving solved problems (torque ripple) and nothing really novel like the reluctance motor with some permanent magnets Tesla is now using. Meh.

In terms of catch, they don't apparently have anything engineered for production so not only is it not clear how it would fair against actual motors used in actual EVs, it isn't clear that production engineering will pan out.

I mean, I'm all for research and advancing knowledge and improving our technology, but that article seemed like it was trying to convince people to throw money at the company. If they get somewhere, then great. I feel the same way about Toyota and solid state batteries.

Yeah, he's a regular Don Quixote.

It doesn't matter that it's a new security. Companies sometimes attach new preferreds or Contingent Value Rights to their common shares. His trick is issuing a new security that will only trade on a pseudo-exchange he controls. He'll bar shorts from this private exchange, which in his mind will force them to cover. His problem is the real exchanges on which OSTK trades along with the OCC are the ones who decide how to handle this gambit. They have a lot of options which I won't get into, but I'm 99.9% sure it won't play out the way Wacky Paddy fantasizes.

Also, while I doubt the SEC cares about this, it is within their purview.

LOL. Nobody wants his dying e-tail operation.

It seems no one wants his blockchain "technology", either, but with a high enough buzzword quotient and lots of dumb money floating around anything is possible.

If Tesla goes down this particular rabbit hole then heck, even I may short the stock. I don't see it, though. Elon is eccentric, not unhinged.
I'm sorry you had to turn this into a rant about Patrick Byrne. I totally agree that he is a nut job but that didn't stop me from making sizable gains, once in the 2000's and again 2018, with good sized investments on a valuation basis. That's neither here nor there. I disagree with your statement about new securities as it relates to shorts. Let's leave it at that. GLTY.

Elon Musk and Tesla are impossible to root for, but we’re doing it anyway — Fast Company

This article kinda bugged me with the clickbaity title, but I remember a great article by this publication about the gigafactory, so I read it. I think Tesla is doing exactly what it needs right now, mainstream media will come around eventually, but it will probably take longer than most of us suspect. I don't blame Elon for not respecting the SEC.

American Founder.
American Company.
American Workers.
Built in America.
With A Can Do Attitude.

If you are American, impossible not to root for.

If you are not American, impossible not to root for because they are taking on the ugly powers of the world head on.

Long TSLA

Cheers!

American Founder.
American Company.
American Workers.
Built in America.
With A Can Do Attitude.

If you are American, impossible not to root for.
If you are not American, impossible not to root for because they are taking on the ugly powers of the world head on.
Long TSLA
Cheers!
A powerful jolting, visual or at least video viral meme saying all this plus 5 seconds-per-day recharging at home would be more valuable than million$$'s spent on advertising. Wish I could figure out how to say it all on a bumper sticker.

• Love
Reactions: Artful Dodger