Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many fires at Fremont that the Fremont Fire Department was not called? There's a difference between fires on property where the public has access versus those where only employees may be at risk.

As I remember, Tesla actually does call Fremont fire dept whenever they have a fire. We’ve certainly heard of paint shop fires and that one where some boxes near a fence were on fire where the fire department came in and put it out.

And these were on the roofs of stores, presumably with customers inside. They even claim to have wanted all the installations disabled because they said customers were in danger.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and humbaba
Just reminding everyone that the 4th wealthiest person in the USA is a Tesla board member and owns many many shares
True. Plus many others. As some bulls have argued, there is essentially a "put" on the shares. At some point (be it 220 or 150), some entity or group would step in to buy the company. The shorts dream of bankruptcy or sub 50 price is exactly that, a dream, due to the buyout "put".

View Photos of the 2020 Porsche Taycan Interior

Porsche's high-performance, ridiculously seductive Taycan EV has a clean, minimalist cabin with hella screens.“

Clean and minimalist? Is the author joking? Why so many little screens?
Though it may not be minimalist like Tesla, it does look nice, at least in pictures. But how smooth and user friendly is it in actual use? Recall, that the iPace/etron got complaints for being slow and clunky. Software is not easy.

The only possible buyout that I can see (and I"m not advocating it by any means, as I think Tesla is worth much more) is that Apple (and maybe along with other partners, such as VW), buys Tesla for north of 400. That would be the minimum price that would have any chance of satisfying shareholders. Of course many would want higher, but others maybe willing to accept this price to finally get off the roller coaster. Again, this is a bare minimum price, and I'm not advocating such a buyout. VW, by itself, would never pay over 300, let alone 400. Apple maybe, but not VW alone. And if for some reason Musk and Tesla did sell for 300 or less, it goes without saying that we, the investor community, would be shocked.

I’m invested in AAPL. I sure as heck would not want them to give the slightest thought into possibly acquiring Tesla in any way.

Also, they want Tesla to be responsible for any fire that happens at Walmart solar installed stores.

The way I understood it, or any reasonable person would, is taking responsibility for fires that start in and around their solar equipment, which is their roofs - and that doesn't seem very unreasonable. Obviously this does not include fires from their kitchen or check out machines.

• Helpful
Reactions: Doggydogworld
Maybe that's how it works in the Dominion but not in the US.

"When a breach of contract occurs, the breaching party can be sued for damages by the other party, and the non-breaching party is no longer held to their previous contractual obligations."

Nonperformance and Breach of Contract: What You Need to Know

The issue is whether or not there was in fact a breach that relieved the other party of its obligations. Time will tell, but the certainty here that Tesla is the aggrieved party should be weighed carefully by those who await further exposition of all the relevant circumstances.

Since all the contracts were covering a single installation for all but seven of the installations there's little question in my mind...

Reactions: humbaba and kbM3
Maybe that's how it works in the Dominion but not in the US.

"When a breach of contract occurs, the breaching party can be sued for damages by the other party, and the non-breaching party is no longer held to their previous contractual obligations."

Nonperformance and Breach of Contract: What You Need to Know

The issue is whether or not there was in fact a breach that relieved the other party of its obligations. Time will tell, but the certainty here that Tesla is the aggrieved party should be weighed carefully by those who await further exposition of all the relevant circumstances.

:rolleyes: Seriously? Again?

A lot of people here giving their $.02 pretending to have knowledge of contract negotiations. Litigation is not the one and only outcome from a contract dispute. How can anyone conclude anything without having looked at the contract language.

Cars & carriers pron :D

Seriously, has anyone noticed that delivery is ramping oh so smoothly !! As I said before, it takes one quarter for Elon and team to get their *sugar* together and fix things. Hopefully, service is next in line along with Solar & storage delivery ramp

Porsche's high-performance, ridiculously seductive Taycan EV has a clean, minimalist cabin with hella screens.“

I think putting the LCD screen where they did is dangerous as it would take your eyes way off the road, almost like looking at your phone. It's obvious Tesla thought about that because the way their screens are mounted you almost always have the road in your field of view.

I guess "clean and minimalist" is all relative. Maybe they were comparing it to this:

654794c42f254992799c710e251ad60a.jpg

That's a lot of Fording screens. Why do they think putting a Fording screen all the way over on the passenger side is a good idea? Like, who the Skoda could even reach that if they don't have a passenger without a super awkward lean over the center console?

I understand the sentiment, but I disagree with the conclusion. Given that the two trucks perform exactly as they've been talked about publicly, the commercial truck market is going to be a "sell everything you build" market for awhile. Today's market is 300k Class 8 semis per year, and I expect that electrification will take it to 600k per year (the doubling being a temporary phenomenon as fleet buyers proactively remove diesel trucks from the fleet, due to them being too expensive to operate).

Nobody is in danger of producing 300k class 8 semis / year. At the smaller size battery, that's 150 GWh/year worth of battery packs - all of Tesla today is in the 30-40 GWh/year range. And Tesla are the serious producers.

The upshot being that even with a weaker product on the headline stats, anybody making an electric semi that "works" (can be used to solve a business problem - runs a particular route, is reliably available, can be reliably recharged, etc..) will sell it.

Both companies, given that their trucks "work", will sell all that they make for years to come.

I disagree that the switch will be instantaneous.

First, there will be trial fleets of large companies. Then a transition of the first movers, then trial fleets for the second wave and so on.

Last will be individual owner operators.

Daimlers offering will not "compete" with Tesla because they will not take any sales from Tesla. On that we agree. The first choice will be the lowest cost per mile.And that will be Tesla.