Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So then you’re expecting that the talc an is essentially more than doubling their 911 market? Or that sales of one of the 911 is going to drop off a cliff?

The 911 is a 2+2 and sometimes 2 seater sports car.

Taycan is a 5 passenger 4 door sedan ( or gran coupe if you prefer) with a more practical wagon version on the way.

These form factors way outsell sports cars.

BTW Porsche sells in China

https://www.porsche.com/china/en/

upload_2019-9-5_14-21-54.png

The 911 is a 2+2 and sometimes 2 seater sports car.

Taycan is a 5 passenger 4 door sedan ( or gran coupe if you prefer) with a more practical wagon version on the way.

These form factors way outsell sports cars.

BTW Porsche sells in China

https://www.porsche.com/china/en/

View attachment 450939
yeah... the form factor determines sales rate, not the price? [edit: to be clear -- at $150k I don't think generic form factor arguments mean much. This isn't like $50k.]

As to China: the reason I asked is carsalesbase doesn't list Porsche for the China region. Good to know about holes in their data.

aspirational 600 chargers with 75 miles in between by EOY 2020 -- that is quite the limited route coverage and it isn't here now. Not to mention that they cannot even use those charge rates.

Look, I'm glad Porsche is making the Taycan and I think it will sell. I think it is the most compelling non-Tesla EV. But 40k per year seems more than a little optimistic.

[edit: meaning, even once they have a cheaper version and pull down the ASP. That said, I'd love to be wrong. More EV sales is good. If they really can sell 40k per year, more power to them!]

but in the Winter The math says that 75mi would be basically your whole utility you would be jumping 1 station to the next stoping for 20 mins every 75 miles. I don't see 4k let alone 40k Porsche buyers spending $150K++ to do that.

FUD

Eventually, prices for Taycan will align more or less with Panamera's $86k-$234k

Lower priced variants with rear wheel drive and more range are coming.

I see global annual sales in the 20k-30k range.

aspirational 600 chargers with 75 miles in between by EOY 2020 -- that is quite the limited route coverage and it isn't here now. Not to mention that they cannot even use those charge rates.

Look, I'm glad Porsche is making the Taycan and I think it will sell. I think it is the most compelling non-Tesla EV. But 40k per year seems more than a little optimistic.

[edit: meaning, even once they have a cheaper version and pull down the ASP. That said, I'd love to be wrong. More EV sales is good. If they really can sell 40k per year, more power to them!]

There is a lot more Tesla owners taking up Supercharger spots. Number of spots needs to keep pace with number of cars on the road.

In the US the vast majority of Taycan owners will live in Los Angeles,Silicon Valley,Seattle, New York,Miami, Dallas, and Houston. Travel from there is where they need to focus their network density for the ultra fast chargers. Just like Tesla did.

Then Rivian will come at the end of next year adding to the pool of owners using ultra fast CCS charging.

FUD

Eventually, prices for Taycan will align more or less with Panamera's $86k-$234k

Nope, name one legacy automaker in which their EVs are selling at the SAME volume as their equivalent gas cars? So to use their ICE cars sold to extrapolate future sale data for their EVs is flawed.

I say it again, people don't order burgers at the Chinese restaurant.

FUD

while I agree with mine being the WORST case scenario its a much less forgiving market at that price. Also, they are not going to make a less expensive one with MORE range. That is very wishful thinking. I really love the look of the car (except the screens look like the os was made on a PALM PILOT) and the god awful clock. Unfortunately, Porsche miss fired on some important details and this will not be their best EV. I just hope they pass what they learned on to the Audi team before they release the E-tronGT

Reactions: GeoX750 and humbaba