Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best of luck to anyone who buys 2/1 exp options this week. Going to take one helluva move to counteract that IV.

By the way, a thread posted on Reddit yesterday piqued my interest -- someone claiming to have insider information on Tesla "not related to earnings at all", seeking guidance (from r/wallstreetbets of all places) on whether or not they could be prosecuted for trading on that information. Apparently they work for a company that works with Tesla. The poster's history suggests they are in the computer science field.
Obviously can't be relied upon whatsoever, but it does make me wonder.

View attachment 372913 View attachment 372912 View attachment 372911

Don't tell us that.

Market relavence(?): I think we North Americans with our "bigger is better" mindset when it comes to vehicles are seriously underestimating how popular the Model 3 will be in places like Europe where smaller cars are valued once they have the opportunity to experience the storage capacity and utility of the car. Don't underestimate it.
If/when I need more hauling space I'm going to add a hitch and get a small trailer or luggage attachment. Shame more Americans aren't into that. It's so silly to own a Truck/SuV just for the once a month trip to home depot. Especially now that home delivery is so convenient.

Best of luck to anyone who buys 2/1 exp options this week. Going to take one helluva move to counteract that IV.

By the way, a thread posted on Reddit yesterday piqued my interest -- someone claiming to have insider information on Tesla "not related to earnings at all", seeking guidance (from r/wallstreetbets of all places) on whether or not they could be prosecuted for trading on that information. Apparently they work for a company that works with Tesla. The poster's history suggests they are in the computer science field.
Link please? Thanks.

edit* We are on 420 th page.

I think the question would be: what techniques could you use to actually do any of that? The absolute best vision algorithms we have are conv nets, which need to operate on distinct frames. And people aren’t very good at dealing with that kind of unrestricted massive data.

OT

I did literally just mention that one could generate frames from such a format, at almost any framerate you can imagine (limited only by the bus delay within the image sensor). If you want to work with frames, take your pick of framerates. Just play back the incoming pixel splines between any two timepoints, and you've got a frame for the timeperiod between those points.

Note that our human neural net, our brains, does not work with frames. Our eyes do not transfer consecutive framebuffers. Each rod and cone sends its own data at its own rate on its own neural connection (read: bus).

Additionally, as for "massive data", it has the potential to be precisely the opposite. By storing pixel data in absolute polar coordinates rather than relative rectilinear, along with data on the camera's movements so that a rectilinear reconstruction can be recreated for display on a screen, there wll be far less pixel change over time, which means far less data to store. If you're filming a mountain to your north, then you slew your camera right, then back left, that mountain is still going to look basically the same as it was. In absolute polar coordinates, you're simply returning to look at the same pixels again - the pixels corresponding with various "north" angles. But with relative rectilinear coordinates (how conventional video is recorded), each part of the slew is treated as if you're looking at something different. It has no knowledge when you're pointed back at something you've already seen.

That said, file compression would be best aided if adjacent pixel changes were bundled together, to reduce overhead. This would reduce temporal accuracy somewhat (although still vastly superior to any situation where you have to transfer full framebuffers at each timestep).

Fred must be after some cheap shares before the ER...

View attachment 372917

I am going over some Swedish news regarding this, this one has some specifics:

Nej, Transportstyrelsen vill inte stoppa Tesla | Elbilsnytt

According to that source, the "ärende" (finding/matter) refers to an article 29 of the EU parliament, allowing a member state to unilaterally halt the sale of a EU-approved vehicle within its borders, if the vehicle is deemed to pose a serious risk to the traffic safety. (I could not find the relevant EU policy).

In 2015, following Tesla's retroactive introduction via OTA of the Autopilot on the Model S, the Swedish DOT opened an article 29 investigation into the safety of these vehicles, which had only been approved prior to having the Autopilot.

The deciding quote from the DOT is this:
"man täppte till hål i typgodkännanderegelverket", which as best I can understand means that holes in the approval process were fixed.

Regardless of the exact meaning of the above, the spokesperson states that the DOT is considering to close the investigation - with the important reservation, that if a relevant accident were to happen, then the matter would be reopened.

The above source elaborates and explains that the existing approval process did not foresee OTA updates and that the technical development was faster than the approval process, which has been improved.

In conclusion they refer to the original Swedish article as click bait.

If you feel you need to ask, the answer is "don't do it".

@ValueAnalyst at it again hyping up short squeeze potential.

Get over it.

I think the short interest is too low now to seriously consider a squeeze. It was possible when there were 35m shares sold short and if M3 had gone to plan, it may have happened...

Too bad, but life's simpler this way. I'll just be happy to see the shorts go away.

Just received a text from Tesla. My Tesla Model 3 Performance will be ready to collect in Madrid on the week commencing 11th Feb. 3 weeks ahead of schedule!
Wow, that's fast. If you need a fellow P3D owner to come help you learn how to drive it and hit up some Madrid tapas let me know. ;) Great city.

Could the Rivian pickup be connected to Tesla? Could the clue be right there in front of us? Elon Reeve Musk, his cousin Lyndon Rive Musk. Interview with Rivian CEO Scaringe alludes to a superchager network. Could Rivian be getting the batteries from Tesla and buying into the supercharger network?
I have to assume Rivian will wind up signing on to the SC network. It makes sense for everyone. Their trucks look to be really well done but without SCs they are just novelties.

Could the Rivian pickup be connected to Tesla? Could the clue be right there in front of us? Elon Reeve Musk, his cousin Lyndon Rive Musk. Interview with Rivian CEO Scaringe alludes to a superchager network. Could Rivian be getting the batteries from Tesla and buying into the supercharger network?

Maybe the Rivian IS the Tesla Pickup :eek:

Very cool: A Norwegian company worked together with Caterpillar to make the world's first large-scale electric excavator. 26 tonne, 300kWh:

SNIKTITT: Caterpillar 323F Z-line (zero emission) Verdens første av sitt slag - og den er bygget i Norge

forside.1000x562.jpg
I'm surprised they didn't make the batteries hot swappable. They have a giant hydrologic arm right there to lift them out.

• Funny
Reactions: Mader Levap