Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, Elon has five children and he's genuinely concerned about the planet's future. He's not wrong:

DgP2M5jXUAEfAOP

What's really shocking to me is that latest vertical strip of oranges in 1939-1945 years. Well, we've certainly surpassed this lately.

On that topic:
My go-to site is nasdaq.com for real time quotes and, until yesterday, a regularly updated graph. Now that has gone. :eek:
I need my timely fix! Where is it? :mad:
(Or a new keyboard with a functional Function-5 button ... o_O )

I'm in the same boat. I was hooked on the updated stock price beeing shown as the name of the tab when I surfed to other websites. Now it just says "Tesla, Inc. Common S". I actually have to switch tabs to get the stock price. :eek:

People need to stop with this. This was not a Taycan challenge. Tesla was working on their Plaid drivetrain/chassis and it was time to test/tune it at the track. There has never been mention from Elon/Tesla that this is a challenge or that they are specifically trying to beat the Taycan.
Well, this was this sequence of tweets:

Elon Musk‏ @elonmusk
"Um @Porsche, this word Turbo does not mean what you think it does"
12:35 PM - 5 Sep 2019

"Model S on Nürburgring next week"
4:19 PM - 5 Sep 2019

Elon Musk‏ @elonmusk Sep 7
But Taycan does seem like a good car. Nürburgring track time is great.​

. . .

That's one of the essences of Tesla I think, they managed to carry over the culture of an obsessive-compulsive Silicon Valley high-end electronics company that for example Apple represents, into the automotive industry, and Elon is at the center of that obsession - just like Steve Jobs was at the center of Apple's focus on artistic design and quality.

Please. If Tesla was obsessive-compulsive it would show across the board throughout the company, meaning even their service and customer communications would be the marvel of the industry. Instead, today’s 6:30-8:30am “appointment” for service (the only time slot the Tesla app would give me for ALL of September) is now past, and I’m still sitting here in the car in the driveway like a chump, waiting for the late mobile tech to show.

People, let us stop with this now tiresome debate. I am not going to read and respond to every comment. It appears that neither side is willing to concede.

The only metric that will adjudicate is S,X unit sales and ASP going forward. For all our sakes, I hope I am wrong!

And pray that we do not see headlines like, "New seven seater Model S with improved powertrain coming out next year".

Have a good weekend!

People, let us stop with this now tiresome debate. I am not going to read and respond to every comment. It appears that neither side is willing to concede.

The only metric that will adjudicate is S,X unit sales and ASP going forward. For all our sakes, I hope I am wrong!

And pray that we do not see headlines like, "New seven seater Model S with improved powertrain coming out next year".

Have a good weekend!

I must be missing something, what debate are you talking about?

I don't want to fire up any more rumors... but this article seems to support a specific rumor that I shall leave unmentioned...

Toyota taps same batteries as Tesla for China plug-in hybrids

WAY to many details missing from this report

Size
2170 or 18650???
composition:
actually the article does state it is NOT the same as the one made for tesla

FTFY headline
"Toyota chooses cylindrical cells instead of pouch: Industry learning from Teslas lead"