Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD "feature complete" defined by Elon on the call: seems to be Level 3 autonomy, working most of the use cases.

Has this been stated this clearly before? Seems a lot of people assumed Level 5.

It’s basically the same SAE level it’s already at with current NoA(level 2 or 3, depending on how you interpret certain parts of the doc), just under additional conditions vs just on freeway. Makes sense for “feature complete”. All features are in but not necessarily working well yet.

Reactions: mblakele
I was afraid you'd say that was a small sample. So maybe there are many close-calls out there.

This mind was blown away, but I'm a geek technologist. Your reaction seem more typical of what I hear in parking lots. It's way too early for it to perform perfectly IMO.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a blindspot myself that eventually gets picked up by sonar for near misses. Does it utilize the pillar cameras facing forward yet (not in my recordings anyway)? If not, maybe we will eventually need AP3 due to framerate constraints on AP2.5. It may use the wide field camera up front, but we don't see that recording either.

I'm not actually sure if this is OT really? Adv Summon acceptance could affect stock price IMO - why I was asking what people were hearing in the parking lots (not just the hiccups which make the news obviously). Public perception is being managed quite well by Waymo (albeit under NDAs + Remote Operators = smoke and mirrors). Tesla just threw it out there, but at least it was to Tesla owners who wanted and paid for it.

Let's put it this way for example. If enough store customers at Walmart (who is suing Tesla on the solar issue) complain, I could see this feature not allowed on their property. Basically the pushback concerns me, so I'm just hoping it learns fast enough now that data is abundant!

I agree with your points about the summon feature mostly. I don't think any third parties that aren't directly involved (DMV, state legislature, your insurance company...) would do anything like banning the use of summon. They don't have an effective way of enforcing that anyway.

But... I think this is a crucial issue for self driving software companies. If this gets any real attention and a state bans the use of summon... that will be huge news. It may come down to Tesla having to geographically restrict the feature to prevent legal action against them.

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
S &X question.

Elon: "Niche products." Continuing to make them for sentimental reasons more than anything else.

(Exactly my point.)

Great feature of S & X: HEPA filter, etc.

Model X: art piece.

Also the race track stuff (which you already know if you are that type of person).

To be honest, I haven't done a recent review of the new suspension software. (I was underwhelmed by the initial software release of the new `Raven' suspension.)