Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this technical argument from somebody here today, but 5 points, not 4. So, two matching opinions then?:D
ES on Twitter
Screenshot_20191031-173335_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Seems Twitter is suspending TSLA supporter accounts in response to complaints from TSLAQ.

Let’s see how this would develop.
View attachment 471915
. This is one account by an, IMO, overzealous supporter. Do you have other examples of accounts? I enjoyed reading 'Ghosts' tweets but I am not surprised his account was suspended.

EDIT:
So what other Tesla supporter has had their account suspended by Twitter.

EDIT: On another note Russ Mitchell of LA Times who blocked many twitter accounts that could be classified as 'Tesla supporters' recently decided to be a 'journalist' and unblocked them.

Last edited:
Can you guys help me out with this question that keeps plaguing me. So, there are 2 predominant thoughts on climate change. First, there is the belief that the science on man-made climate change is obvious and we need to take immediate action to fix the damage we've done. The 2nd train of thought is that the whole thing is a hoax and there have always been cycles of cooling and heating. And strangely, these 2 train of thoughts are split almost 50-50 among Americans. But, my question is not about climate change, or why people believe what they believe. We all know the facts and the arguments.

What I do want to know is this. Those who don't believe in climate change ride around in big SUVs and trucks (or whatever particular vehicle they chose to drive). They live by their creed. They only consider the vehicle when making a choice - the environment has no impact on their decision. However, on the other side, people are VERY passionate about the climate and protecting it. So much so that I see on here where poster's kids are buying trees with their lawn cutting proceeds.

So that leads me to the question. In America, we have over 200 million adults. Since the poverty rate is around 14%, that leaves about 172 million adult Americans who could possibly afford an EV. If we split that number into 2, that leaves us with 86 million adults not living in poverty that believe in climate change. Yet, EVs make up about ~2% of car sales in America. Tesla has literally sold around 500,000 cars in the U.S. in its entire existence.

So, please tell me, if people are SURE that climate change is real, and they believe that emissions are causing so many issues, WHY in the heck do they still chose to drive around in an ICEV? I mean, we're talking 87 MILLION PEOPLE!! Do you realize how much impact 87 million people could have? If they can't afford a $35k Tesla, surely they can afford a $15k used Leaf.

People simply can't make ANY sacrifice for what they believe in. I can almost guarantee you those people riding around in Camrys and Accords live in houses way bigger than they need and spend a ton of money going out to eat every month. Moving to a Model 3 would be so easy.

Or is it possible that not as many people truly believe in climate change as we think? One or the other is true, because otherwise EVs would be almost 50% of sales in the U.S.

You ask a number of good questions. In response to the 2%, when I was architecting computers around 1995-2005, our rule of thumb was that when a technology passed 1%, it was going to win. The size of the advantage of the incumbent, from cost through volumes, the understanding of the market decision process, access to markets, etc, all made breaking through extremely difficult. Basically, a solution is head and shoulders better if it gets a real foothold. I think this is just as true with EV’s.

A number of Tesla owners are not moved by the environmental argument. The foot on the floor response is what decides them.

The science is not in dispute. The last papers submitted for peer review arguing against any of the central arguments of human caused climate change, were torn apart 20 years ago. Anybody that can make a case against climate change, and can show their math, would be showered with unbelievable wealth.

The ~$5 trillion carbon industry spends a billion dollars a year they document through non profits here in the US. All to create a perception that a debate exists. They would slow down the end of the carbon burning cycle. That isn’t going to change.

Most people are too busy getting to work, feeding themselves and their loved ones, and showing off to each other to focus on anything else.

This is why simple views like they don’t know or don’t care aren’t completely true. Many are too busy or too tired or too overwhelmed to prioritize climate in their daily decisions. That’s OK.

Solar, wind, and batteries are the critical technologies to reduce the affects of climate change. They already exist, and are already cost effective. But they don’t exist at scale, yet. Batteries are the hardest component to scale. That’s why Tesla and any other serious EV’s are so important. They drive a dramatic increase in the need for batteries.

Tesla nearly sold as many vehicles in 3Q19 as they did in 2017. Quadrupling in less than two years is not too bad. Look for them to triple that in 2-3 years, then triple again in another 2-3 years. At the same time, local and large scale battery storage will grow faster. And solar perhaps even faster.

We humans may not be able to absorb the new technologies much faster than that.

Seems Twitter is suspending TSLA supporter accounts in response to complaints from TSLAQ.

Let’s see how this would develop.
View attachment 471915

Aaron Greenspan/Plainsite made a copyright complaint against the guy because he posted Aaron's picture on twitter. I guess if you can't attack the argument, you have to go after some petty BS.

I'm sure they were all pretty worked up after the stock climbed so high and their short positions were getting wrecked.

Last Quarter US inventory was at a healthy clip, but looks like theres low inventory this quarter.
Given the high number of ships for ROW, it looks like logistics changed in Q3 to first service ROW to begin with. ~ cheers!!

I assumed this was the case and that there were virtually no model 3s being made for North America market at present. I don’t know what the theory was for “unwinding the wave”. Having a wave where the front of the quarter is for worldwide production and then switch to North American production around middle of quarter makes complete sense. Only time to “unwind” that strategy is once EU factory starts producing.

Aaron Greenspan/Plainsite made a copyright complaint against the guy because he posted Aaron's picture on twitter. I guess if you can't attack the argument, you have to go after some petty BS.

I'm sure they were all pretty worked up after the stock climbed so high and their short positions were getting wrecked.

.. and that picture was publicly available on many sites. It is not that he surreptitiously snapped that picture hiding in Aaron's bedroom.

I assumed this was the case and that there were virtually no model 3s being made for North America market at present. I don’t know what the theory was for “unwinding the wave”. Having a wave where the front of the quarter is for worldwide production and then switch to North American production around middle of quarter makes complete sense. Only time to “unwind” that strategy is once EU factory starts producing.

I disagree. It sounds reasonable from a production point of view, but from a delivery point of view, you get deliveries in North America that are badly back loaded in the quarter.

Unwinding the wave is all about each geography seeing a reasonably stable flow of cars for delivery. If the delivery rate varies by 2x over the quarter (1/2 speed at the beginning, 2x speed at the end), that's pretty small variation compared to what Tesla's done in previous quarters. It doesn't need to be completely flat.

A stable flow of cars lets your delivery team and process get experience and sizing to the rate of car arrival and delivery, it keeps people from burning out at the end of the quarter making numbers (that you'd get at the start of the next quarter anyway), and most importantly - it enables the process to improve and create a better experience for customers. And that's the real value. (I believe there is also potential value to financials by optimizing flow from mfg to delivery worldwide for all days of the month, rather than optimizing around a single artificially chosen point in time each quarter).

I've already recommended to friends and colleagues thinking about buying a Tesla to time their delivery to be outside of the final month or at least final 2 weeks of a quarter. I don't want their first experience as a new Tesla owner to be standing around in a crowd of new cars with a crowd of new owners, getting an incomplete orientation to the car, and insufficient time and opportunity to inspect their new car. I want them to have an excellent new owner experience that gets them off on the right foot.

And if/when my wife and I buy a new Tesla (probably not for at least 3-5 years - we've done our buying already), we'll be timing our delivery to avoid the final month of a quarter. Probably the easiest way to do that is order whenever, but then slip our delivery from late in the quarter to a couple of weeks into the start of the new quarter.

.. and that picture was publicly available on many sites. It is not that he surreptitiously snapped that picture hiding in Aaron's bedroom.

Unfortunately, copyright law doesn't care how many people post it. You own copyright the instant you take a picture, and it remains with you unless you revoke it.

@tesla_truth mistakenly believed otherwise, reposted the pic after receiving a DMCA notice, and got banned because of it.

Yeah, it's petty. Yeah, people could do the exact same thing back to Aaron. You can't even post a code from a public-facing website without violating copyright law (something he did just the other day). But nobody does anything about it unless a DMCA notice is filed.

Plainsite site is also a massive, massive GDPR violator. Openly admits to autocollecting private data just by you visiting the site, but you don't find out about this until you click to a page ("privacy"?) explaing that, where it also informs you that they refuse to delete it at your request, and will only delete your data due to a court order.

But again, unless someone raises a GDPR case? Nothing happens.

Because if Apple is still serious about releasing an EV, then the easiest path In terms of battery supply and Vehicle manufacturing is buying or partnering with Tesla, which they can afford to do without blinking (as of yesterday they have $206 Billion in cash on hand, and annual net income of $55 Billion).

Apple was one of the only large companies to see the early potential in Tesla (so much so that they were in negotiations with Tesla to acquire it earlier this decade - but couldn’t agree on terms), and currently is one of the only large companies with the resources where they could acquire Tesla without any sort of increased debt risk. They are also one of the only large US companies that also have a strong relationship with China authorities.

I want Tesla to stay independent (for my own maximum return on investment), but if they were going to get bought or enter a partnership with anyone else I would hope it would be Apple. One would hope in any acquisition that it stays as a subsidiary & Elon would stay on to run Tesla operations for 5-10 years (and he keeps a similar compensation plan), and once Mars bound crewed Starships start departing Elon can retire from Tesla and focus on SpaceX / building the mars settlement full time.

I’m thinking of a hit song from a Disney movie.

• Funny
Reactions: skybluecgreen