Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
David Einhorn and Mark BS. Spiegel might go bankrupt: they are short funds.

But Chanos's Kynikos fund is a 2:1 long-short fund, with twice the passive long positions of short positions.

So Chanos is IMHO unlikely to go bankrupt - and unlikely to go away as well, his TSLA short position is maybe 1-2% of his portfolio, which he can probably maintain indefinitely.

Chanos might exit his Tesla short position one day though - maybe around the time Tesla gets added to the S&P 500, in the hopefully not too distant future.
Remember that starting around 2010 and onwards chanos has been calling for the collapse of China.
The guy is a charlatan.

Thanks for this, I haven't had a chance to check all the assumptions, but they look reasonable at first glance.
To be clear - Casey is estimating each satellite could generate $5m revenue per year with around $100k long term combined production and launch cost - so $150bn annual revenue for 30k satellites, and this will be mostly profit (compared to Aramco's $111bn 2018 net profit).
This aligns with Elon talking about taking 3-5% share of the $1trn worldwide telecommunications (this was when they had c.10k satellites, now they increased to 30k it looks like they are planning for 9-15% or $90-150bn revenue).

I'm sure Elon is laughing to himself. For twenty years the majority of silicon valley has been fighting over the $500bn revenue global advertising market. In the mean time he has laid plans to become the dominant leader in four different $trn industries - 1) Robotaxis, 2) Autos, 3) Distributed Global Renewable Energy Grid and 4) Telecommunications. And all of Elon's industries will actually do good for the world - transitioning to clean energy, reducing poverty and increasing access to transport and education.

Don’t forget tunneling and nueralink. The later could be the biggest of them all.

To: Boss Short

Boss, remember how bad the panel gaps were on the first model 3's ?

You won't believe what they are like on the Y !

Duct tape, DUCT TAPE !

upload_2019-11-4_8-26-0.png

SEE
Tesla Model Y with calibration equipment spotted road testing in CA freeway

Sincerely
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

Draft of a bill for the Icelandic parliament to amend the current Norway-style VAT exemption on electric cars. Seems likely to pass.

Samráðsgátt - Drög að frumvarpi til laga um breytingu á ýmsum lagaákvæðum um skatta (ívilnanir vegna vistvænna ökutækja o.fl.)

• Extend the expiration date from the end of next year to the end of 2023.
• Increase the maximum value of the vehicle's value that can be exempted (currently 6M ISK / $48,5k USD)
• The exemption for PHEVs would not be extended and would expire at the end of next year.
• The maximum number of cars which qualify would be increased
• Same sort of exemption for electric motorcycles, buses, etc. Also tax exemptions on companies who offer EV rentals.
• New 60% exemption on VAT (hardware, labour) on installation of charging stations in residences / apartments
• All of the benefits also apply to hydrogen cars. Some, such as buses, also apply to methane and methanol.

Last edited:
New "factory check" report:

"Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry performed his latest Tesla (TSLA) check over the weekend at TSLA Factory, Delivery Hub and Shipping Docks.

His key takeaways:

• Construction of Model Y Production Line is progressing well
    • GA5 for TSLA Model Y is being constructed at the previous On-Site location of TSLA Service Station

• We had seen this location, when it was still a Service Station:
      • The size of GA5 will almost be same as GA4, and hence may have a production capacity of 1,000 Model Y's per week
    • Dropbox - 2019-11-02 13.21.24.mov - Simplify your life
  • First half of quarter production and shipment focus continues to remain International Shipments
    • It is fairly common to see Shipping Trucks, each with 8 TSLA Vehicles heading towards the Docks on HWY 101, all through the day

Here's the photo of Model Y production line construction activities at Fremont:

upload_2019-11-4_15-50-2.png

Here in Palm Springs the “Tesla battery fire story” is on 30 minute repeat on local news. Facing hundreds of millions of dollars in fines, won’t return calls for comments, a one minute segment of non stop burning Tesla’s. I’m pretty certain that anybody watching is now aware that every Tesla ever made will be bursting into flames in the next week. No context, no numbers, etc. Anybody poorly informed who had Tesla on their short list...now...doesn’t.

Frustrating.

The age of the ICE vehicles, which is almost 12 years in the US, probably is a factor in the statistic of ICE vehicle fires per x miles traveled. Almost all of the vehicle fires I’ve seen on the freeway are the really old cars. .

Uh, no. A lot of vehicle fires are cars that are really quite new. You see, they have a thin sheet metal tank filled with a highly volatile liquid called gasoline with the top half of the tank being filled with even more volatile vapors. And when cars crash together, they make really bright sparks.

If ICE cars were invented today, selling them for casual everyday use would be considered criminal.

This is what, the 5th or 6th straight negative day at this point? Considering we've now missed about a 500 pt rally in the Nasdaq, I would not be surprised at all if we drop below 300. In fact I would put money on it at this point( though I'd never try to make money on Tesla stock by playing it to the downside)

My pessimism has nothing to do with Tesla as a company. Wall st is a rigged BS game. It wouldn't hurt for Tesla to issue a statement on this BS reporting though. I continue to be unbelievably frustrated that there's no legal recourse for the media and local news to be putting out false information. The moment they say "investigation", it's a verified false statement.

New "factory check" report:
"Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry performed his latest Tesla (TSLA) check over the weekend at TSLA Factory, Delivery Hub and Shipping Docks.

His key takeaways:
  • Construction of Model Y Production Line is progressing well
    • GA5 for TSLA Model Y is being constructed at the previous On-Site location of TSLA Service Station

• We had seen this location, when it was still a Service Station:
      • The size of GA5 will almost be same as GA4, and hence may have a production capacity of 1,000 Model Y's per week
Last we heard GA4 was producing at 120 per shift or 2.5k per week. I'm sure its ramped up further by now and likely even more by the end of Q4. I also expect a new GA5 line that wasn't built out of scrap will be more efficient that GA4.
Still, I think it's likely there will be a second assembly line installed dedicated to model Y. Though i'm not sure if this will be in a new structure, or in place of the Model S line if the S&X assembly line finally gets merged.

Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly hit an unofficial Nurburgring lap time of 7 minutes and 13 seconds.

Tesla Model S Plaid Laps Ring In 7:13: Beats Taycan By 29 Seconds

"Somehow they (Tesla) managed to get hold of a piece of free track and were able to burn twice 7:13 minutes into the asphalt from our local source, hand-stopped.

Thus, the Tesla again undercut his also unofficial time of 7:23 minutes from the previous weeks. Aboard the blue Tesla Model S sat the designated Nordschleife expert and racing driver Thomas Mutsch. "
Tesla Model S Plaid auf dem Nürburgring: Tesla reist mit Zeit ab - auto motor und sport