Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But she lets her daughter ride in cars full of gasoline? o_O

I hope you showed astonishment at that. :rolleyes:

It is amazing how folks don't see it the same way no matter how many ICE vehicles go up in flames with a lot less warning. I guess it's the thing you know versus the thing you don't.

Who is Wang ?

Auto majors will have to sell more EVs - but they won't go bankrupt. Or rather, they will be rescued (so their shareholders may lose everything).

Auto rescue Again? Hopefully they would tie it to alternative fuel targets.
Still so unfair. Maybe fair for the employees but corporate gets another trip to the bank without penalty.

Tesla should get a railway track built from the factory to the docks.
The NUMMI factory used to have a railway connection which Tesla abandoned :(. I guess they figure it won´t be long until GF 4 in Europe so they won´t need it for Europe and China any more. Still, could be helpful for US, too. GF 1 to Fremont would make sense also.

This is actually good news:

Because InsideEVs is reporting US sales, the first month of the quarter was usually "bad" for Tesla, due to them dedicating much of Fremont output to international markets.

Since there will be no October and November data, there's one less source of FUD.

The NUMMI factory used to have a railway connection which Tesla abandoned :(. I guess they figure it won´t be long until GF 4 in Europe so they won´t need it for Europe and China any more. Still, could be helpful for US, too. GF 1 to Fremont would make sense also.

Tesla is vertically integrating shipping to reduce transit time and increase granularity.
They still have the ability to ship via train from Richmond Richmond, CA train transport depot .
Once Tesla Semi is up and running, that may be at cost parity to rail also.

Uh, no. A lot of vehicle fires are cars that are really quite new. You see, they have a thin sheet metal tank filled with a highly volatile liquid called gasoline with the top half of the tank being filled with even more volatile vapors. And when cars crash together, they make really bright sparks.

If ICE cars were invented today, selling them for casual everyday use would be considered criminal.

Let’s not forget the fluid used to stop the vehicle is also flammable. And the fluid used to lubricate the engine. It’s like a cocktail of flammable fluids.

Bloomberg’s Tom Randall explains it all. I think other carmakers are moving too slow for us to hit 2023 but within 10 years there will be a price crash and there will be no recovery.
Here’s How Electric Cars Will Cause the Next Oil Crisis

Oh, nice didn't come across this guy before.

Looks like he laid out his thesis in 2016, before
The Osborne Effect On The Auto Industry | CleanTechnica
and

Nice to see more voices talking about the coming disruption.

Draft of a bill for the Icelandic parliament to amend the current Norway-style VAT exemption on electric cars. Seems likely to pass.

• The exemption for PHEVs would not be extended and would expire at the end of next year.
I love this quoted point most of all...Making it clear the time for half-measures is coming to the end.

Nice to see strong support at 310. Personally was waiting for further dip to increase position but happy to see us touching 320 again.

Same here - was expecting lower today but not happening so far. FUD is losing influence as time runs out for game-over scenario (which is already here, but not well believed).

That Palm Springs fire news... for real? That's in California last I checked. I'd expect that tactic in Texas.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler