Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what, the 5th or 6th straight negative day at this point? Considering we've now missed about a 500 pt rally in the Nasdaq, I would not be surprised at all if we drop below 300. In fact I would put money on it at this point( though I'd never try to make money on Tesla stock by playing it to the downside)

My pessimism has nothing to do with Tesla as a company. Wall st is a rigged BS game. It wouldn't hurt for Tesla to issue a statement on this BS reporting though. I continue to be unbelievably frustrated that there's no legal recourse for the media and local news to be putting out false information. The moment they say "investigation", it's a verified false statement.

Of course you feel pessimistic. Shorts always attack TSLA on big green nasdaq days specifically to make you feel pessimistic. They've been doing this consistently for years. It's nothing new and it doesn't mean TSLA will continue lower. And the NHTSA story is essentially over. We won't hear anything more about it for at least many months.

Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly hit an unofficial Nurburgring lap time of 7 minutes and 13 seconds.

Tesla Model S Plaid Laps Ring In 7:13: Beats Taycan By 29 Seconds

"Somehow they (Tesla) managed to get hold of a piece of free track and were able to burn twice 7:13 minutes into the asphalt from our local source, hand-stopped.

Thus, the Tesla again undercut his also unofficial time of 7:23 minutes from the previous weeks. Aboard the blue Tesla Model S sat the designated Nordschleife expert and racing driver Thomas Mutsch. "
Tesla Model S Plaid auf dem Nürburgring: Tesla reist mit Zeit ab - auto motor und sport

Porsche Panamera 'Lion' Shows Taycan & Tesla Plaid Who's Boss At 'Ring

Latest top spec Porsche Panamera Turbo unofficial time of 7:11

Of course you feel pessimistic. Shorts always attack TSLA on big green nasdaq days specifically to make you feel pessimistic. They've been doing this consistently for years. It's nothing new and it doesn't mean TSLA will continue lower. And the NHTSA story is essentially over. We won't hear anything more about it for at least many months.

My pessimism is actually more to do with investors, not shorts/bears. It draws mainly from the question of exactly how much progress does Tesla have to make to be fairly valued? Eventually, a time will come(in about 1 year or less) when Tesla's earnings will make it impossible to keep the stock at these levels. Surely hedge funds and investors can see what the next 1-2 years is going to be like for Tesla(ahem...explosive growth). Even in the most bearish case, you're talking about a company doubling revenue in 2 years. A legitimate bear market value for Tesla should be about 400/share right now. A fair market value for me is about 550/share. and a bullish market value should be upwards of 750-800/share.

The longer Tesla stays at this level and in fact goes back down, the more I get disgusted with how manipulated this whole thing is.

Apparently some increases to the German EV incentive planned. Not very clear on the details though, has anyone read more?

"According to the document, due to be discussed at a meeting of high-level government and car-company officials on Monday evening, grants for plug-in hybrids will rise from 3,000 to 4,500 euros. For vehicles priced over 40,000 euros the grants will rise to 5,000 euros."
Germany to hike electric car subsidies as VW launches car

Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly hit an unofficial Nurburgring lap time of 7 minutes and 13 seconds.

Tesla Model S Plaid Laps Ring In 7:13: Beats Taycan By 29 Seconds

"Somehow they (Tesla) managed to get hold of a piece of free track and were able to burn twice 7:13 minutes into the asphalt from our local source, hand-stopped.

Thus, the Tesla again undercut his also unofficial time of 7:23 minutes from the previous weeks. Aboard the blue Tesla Model S sat the designated Nordschleife expert and racing driver Thomas Mutsch. "
Tesla Model S Plaid auf dem Nürburgring: Tesla reist mit Zeit ab - auto motor und sport

Do we know if there was any difference between the red and blue ones? As in, was the red one the faster of the two?

Reactions: SpaceCash
Here in Palm Springs the “Tesla battery fire story” is on 30 minute repeat on local news. Facing hundreds of millions of dollars in fines, won’t return calls for comments, a one minute segment of non stop burning Tesla’s. I’m pretty certain that anybody watching is now aware that every Tesla ever made will be bursting into flames in the next week. No context, no numbers, etc. Anybody poorly informed who had Tesla on their short list...now...doesn’t. Frustrating.

I was at a climate change event in Charleston, WV yesterday manning a table for solar and EVs and showing my Model 3. The first person I ran into excitedly asked me I had heard about the burning Teslas from the news that morning and explained how she had told her daughter not to ride in a friend's Tesla. I gave her a couple other points to think about, but I don't think it will matter much. :rolleyes:

Having said that, Tesla should have known that a software update that reduced range in order to make the batteries safer in a subset of cars would not go unnoticed. No large company can get away with those kinds of changes (e.g., Apple covertly throttling performance on older phones) without repercussions. It should have been clearly communicated with options including replacing affected batteries or a reimbursement, credit toward service/accessories, etc. So, I would say that was a misstep on Tesla's part that will now be blown out of proportion compared with the relatively few vehicles impacted.

Don't Look....PLEASE DON"T LOOK :rolleyes:

This is a beautiful TSLA chart this morning. It has confirmed (to me) my hypothesis that $310 was essentially the "floor" at which buy pressure would be too great for the manipulators to hold it down any longer. IMO, we are on the next leg of the rally.

My pessimism is actually more to do with investors, not shorts/bears. It draws mainly from the question of exactly how much progress does Tesla have to make to be fairly valued? Eventually, a time will come(in about 1 year or less) when Tesla's earnings will make it impossible to keep the stock at these levels. Surely hedge funds and investors can see what the next 1-2 years is going to be like for Tesla(ahem...explosive growth). Even in the most bearish case, you're talking about a company doubling revenue in 2 years. A legitimate bear market value for Tesla should be about 400/share right now. A fair market value for me is about 550/share. and a bullish market value should be upwards of 750-800/share.

The longer Tesla stays at this level and in fact goes back down, the more I get disgusted with how manipulated this whole thing is.

If you stay away from options and keep accumulating shares all this means is you'll make extra money. Tesla will be worth its fair value eventually.

This is what, the 5th or 6th straight negative day at this point? Considering we've now missed about a 500 pt rally in the Nasdaq, I would not be surprised at all if we drop below 300. In fact I would put money on it at this point( though I'd never try to make money on Tesla stock by playing it to the downside)
Relax, this is technical trading.

Tesla's RSI was 72 this morning, indicating an "overbought" condition, with the price rising on over 70% of the past 14 trading days.

But don't worry. A 'bull whale' has setup a 'buy wall' at $310. This is the 3rd time since Oct 28 that bears have tried to breech the $310 level (to harvest 'sell' stop loss triggers).

Just look at what trading volume did at 10:04 am today when we briefly touched $310:

TSLA.Chart.2019.11.04.10-03.Defence.of.310.png

That's right, volume spiked to more than 6x the previous minute's volume, going to 99.9K at 10:04 and 49.3K shares/min at 10:05. Consequently the bear push down was soundly defeated, and now the SP has recovered to ~$318 at 11:00 am

This is a classic example of a 'BUY WALL', and we have some very deep pockets to shelter in right now. Thanks, Larry? :p

P.S. We are about to see a 'Golden Cross' as the 50-day Moving Average is now within pennies of the MA(200), yet another 'BULLISH' technical indicator:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2019-11-04.11-46.png

TL;dr
the 'BUY WALL' at $310 remains in place.

Last edited:
I had my first go at trading the MMD today. Bought 10 shares at $311 and sold them 20mins later at $317!

Does anyone have any data on whether the MMD for TSLA is real? I know it wont happen all the time, but as long as it happens 51% of the time then there is a (small) profit to be made...

Btw, I am only doing this because I am bored at waiting for TSLA shares to hit the big time! I am still a major long