Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O.K. I'll take a stab at this. Someone who is still kicking themselves for having sold at $322 thinking they would buy it back for less?

No. The share price will be even *higher* by then.;)

On a more serious note, I have noticed there are people who use this forum thinking they can affect the share price in some small way. You can identify them because they flip from bullish perspectives (obviously after they have converted to "long"), and a few weeks later everything they post has turned skeptical and bearish (obviously after they have unloaded their position in a futile attempt to identify the "top"). What kills me is they think no one will notice.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people changing their mind, I just think it's funny how they use this forum thinking it can help "turn around" their "mistake trades". So naive. So dishonest. And so transparent. :rolleyes:
Yep, I want my other 1/2 back. Elon stopped tweeting people who don’t deserve it.

Honestly pretty surprised how effective they were in walking the stock all the way back down from a 2% gain while the macros improved from opening considering how resilient the stock has been to the walk down manipulation over the past week. Buying volume really dried up in the past hour.

Giga 3 official production start is literally probably the best biggest news so far this quarter except of course for Q3 earnings.

So what's going on, shorty action? Nasdaq recovers, $TSLA heads south...

upload_2019-11-13_17-29-21.png

Oh my goodness...

CrowPointPartners on Twitter

It's such a trainwreck of a conspiracy theory. Solar tiles, 10Q, "subsidy abuse", lawsuit depositions, it's all timed to the minute to somehow cover up... Uh.. that huge fraud nobody can put their finger on.

Can someone parse this for me? Preferably using polaroid photos and red string?

They're using the $TSLAQ blocklist, so I can't see it...

Will be interesting to see what happens through the rest of the trading day. This intraday retracement back to yesterday's close could either mean the stock is about to retrace a few percentage points in order to make the next leg up or...……... in a much more bullish manner, if it bounces back up to it's highs for the day by the end of the day, could mean it's already about to start the next leg up ;)

Oh my goodness...

CrowPointPartners on Twitter

It's such a trainwreck of a conspiracy theory. Solar tiles, 10Q, "subsidy abuse", lawsuit depositions, it's all timed to the minute to somehow cover up... Uh.. that huge fraud nobody can put their finger on.

Can someone parse this for me? Preferably using polaroid photos and red string?
A mixture of people making up lies for financial/political reasons, some suckers who follow along for similar reasons, and some who should know better but have lost money and have to cling to the hope that it will all come falling down if they keep the faith.

I have watched the award for the Model 3 in Berlin yesterday life (on my Model 3 screen charging at a SuC) and as you may know many awards have been given to ICE but also to the eTron, i-Pace and finally Model 3 in their respective category. Thats a great win for BEVs.

Beside I found it quite an embarrassing show as such all big busy from big Auto have been there and positioned to be the winner until Elon made the announcement which was a bog one and well placed.

Berlin has a ton of advantages (Alex on Twitter) and I am convinced it to be a much better choice than Lower Saxony or Northrine-Westfalia which have been in discussion too.

Its been also released that the UK was not an option because of Brexit and France IMO can't be an option too given what the Unions do in that country or just imagine 40 days annual vacations that literally no one in the US will ever understand including me. All other countries are much smaller and to get good incentives and turn the narrative around to be in the backyard of Big Auto is the best place to be.

I liked the interaction between Diess and Musk on stage which shows us they have a lot of respect to each other.

Berlin is a unique place, will attract a lot of smart people, wages are affordable, its consider a software center, OEM suppliers are around in Saxony which is near, infrastructure is kind of all new and to be near the Government will help too. Also Elon wants to benefit from the creativity of that town with a Design center which is another great news.

As a German I am very pleased and I am convinced that it will help a lot to bring sales to the levels is deserves to be. If you win Germany the effect on many other smaller countries in Western as well Eastern Europe will be significant IOW expect growing sales in Europe.

On the negative side I expect regulations and other legal complication to hinder a fast construction but those are all issues you can overcome. Berlin will love Tesla as goo paid jobs are very much needed and there has been almost no industrial development after Russia cut all relations between West Berlin and Eastern Germany (DDR). Berlin never recovered from having lost all industries around the town also not after the wall went Dorn in 1989.

Some tried to open new factories in the last 30 years sometimes even for sentimental reasons but Berlin remained a city of Politicians, Art and Sub-Culture. Like a former Mayor said "Berlin is poor but sexy". The sexy part will remain with Tesla producing but the 7,000 employees for GF4 will help to change and and an eco system of new companies will be founded.

Great news :D
Regarding the impact of German production in Europe...

In Eastern Europe "German quality" is still a huge draw. The general wisdom is German cars are reliable and Italian and French cars are junk. (I had a Fiat and a Renault that say otherwise, but that's beside the point).

The one consistent critique on Tesla in local car forums and comments below our articles as well is the build quality. Even people who never saw a Tesla in person are convinced it is held together by duct tape. (It does not help that American cars in general are regarded as having low build quality).

So Teslas being produced in Germany is kind of a silver bullet in the region.

Also, no 10% EU customs, lover shipping costs, local spare parts production... Where do I sign up?

I think that journalists like Danna and Lynette are writting news for trade algorithms. All big players on Wall Street have them, so they create stories with negative connotation to manipulate trading strategy or to skew algorithm forecast output.
It doesn't matter if the story is full of lies or how stupid are journalists who just don't get it, all it matters are the influence these stories have on algoritm trade strategy.

Just a thought.
If it makes a very small difference, the ROI is probably huge for the bastages that hire them.

Reactions: Off Shore
nativewolf said:
Might seem dramatic but I just want to emphasize that the german workers councils are not the UAW. No more so than Chrysler is Google. Just massively different animals. It's one reason why the german auto industry started looking abroad for manufacturing, going to poland, hungary, etc. The managers in the companies I consulted for tread on eggshells around the workers councils and they were german as they come.
Fair enough. But Tesla isn’t another German Mfger and Elon isn’t your average eggshell walking CEO. Everything will work out just fine.

The location choice is very clever. Like crazy like a fox good. I was hoping for Poland, but this is better and labor could easily be pulled from Poland anyway.
The workers' councils are empowered by law. There's no room for Elon to decide he's not going to follow German rules. He must play the game as it's played in Germany.

So what's going on, shorty action? Nasdaq recovers, $TSLA heads south...

View attachment 476546

Their plan appears to have been to shove the share price down through $350 and hope for a cascade of triggered stop limits set by weak longs and retail traders preparing to short. It looks as though they've tried it twice with a half-hour separation. The effect seems to have been minimal. Once those profit takers and new shorts have been cleared, the manipulators likely will be the first to cover their shorts. That covering may already have begun.

Morgan Stanley: Tesla China Margins Could Exceed 30%
Adam Jonas: “Consider labor at 1/10th California wages and other cost reductions (BOM, D&A, logistics, etc.) and we may see Tesla China gross margins pushing the mid-30% range”.

There's one more thing. Every new Tesla plant or line will be (significantly) more efficient than existing ones. Elon has never forgotten his align dreadnought machine that makes machine idea, even that he does not talk about that much after got burned once. The China Model 3 and GF3 Model 3 line likely will have incorporated many things learned in Fremont and be very different. The GF4 and future MY line will be even more so. That's the margin improvement knob that will help Tesla for years to come.