Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll put it this way: if I was robbed, and walked up to someone who was dressed as a police officer, and started asking for help, and the person got all offended and said, "Whoa, whoa, back off there! I'm not a cop! Stop acting like I'm a cop just because I look like this!"

So you're not a cop - fine. Sorry.
But you are wearing a cop's uniform.

Tenable: If you're actually long, as your history suggests, then I do apologize. That said: you are wearing a trolling short's uniform. So don't get offended if someone mistakes you for one. Also, don't act like this forum isn't a frequent target for trolling from TSLAQ. It is. Most commonly around ERs and whenever there's negative news.
Ah but they have a tell, the trolling shorts that is. Look at the police in the uniform and see if his jacket still has the tags on. Then you know he just got the uniform. Or as the case may be for the shorts if they joined less than 3 months ago and especially less than a week ago. Tenable on the other hand must have sat on that account for 3 years making over 600 posts. You don't do that as a troll, I would generally say.

You're missing the irony of his profile icon.

Without any hint to any of today's posts I want to point out that in this forum the substantial TSLA volatility and very different investment strategies mean that random posters on random SP movements may take huge financial hits (while others likely make equally huge gains).

Since we are all human, I think we have to realize that this can cause the mood of any given TMC poster to change more than might be seen at other places.

A happy week-end to all (longs).

On that note, I find that not frequently changing ones avatar helps others to associate a new post with the goodwill already accrued by the poster.

But I am that guy who buys three identical shirts. Well, if I feel adventurous they may be of different colors.
I dunno, I feel an avatar change coming on :D

On that note, I find that not frequently changing ones avatar helps others to associate a new post with the goodwill already accrued by the poster.

But I am that guy who buys three identical shirts. Well, if I feel adventurous they may be of different colors.

Just three ?

Back in 2008 when Kohls had a pricing mistake I bought 24 polo style shirts in just 4 colors.
Just opened the last of them this week.

They were originally $18 they mispriced them at $1.80
I use to run a program that scanned on line pricing at Kohls, Office depot, and Office Max.
Every morning I would glance at what it found. Basement is still full. Fun times.

Last edited:
CNBC doing a thing about Musk (focused on TBC) in "On The Money" tomorrow at 17:30 (Eastern time?)

I dunno, I feel an avatar change coming on :D

upload_2019-2-1_21-33-13.png

Last edited:
Our 2015 Model S feels so old and out of date. 2018/2019 models so much better and different.

Totally agree. A very visual refresh here or there can be nice, but no need anytime soon, imho.

It's true - when you get into a 2-3 year newer Tesla, the incremental changes are amazing. When I changed from my early 2014 P85 to mid 2017 XP100D I was astonished at all the improvements. The way I explained to everyone asking (plus many that didn't) is that everything was suddenly HD, as in High Definition, and I wasn't just referring to the screens.

However, if you put someone who's never been in a Tesla before into a 2012 Model S, they'll think it's the future...

Doesn't that only benefit Semi purchasers who register it in states that have no vehicle sales/use tax?

No. California's tax is imposed in addition to the destination state's tax (someone here from Colorado chimed in as to how a Fremont delivery would result in a ~$4k extra tax hit). So the bill would result in an effective price drop regardless of the destination state's vehicle sales/use tax rate. Of course, this would only apply in instances where the Semi was delivered in CA.

I'll put it this way: if I was robbed, and walked up to someone who was dressed as a police officer, and started asking for help, and the person got all offended and said, "Whoa, whoa, back off there! I'm not a cop! Stop acting like I'm a cop just because I look like this!"

So you're not a cop - fine. Sorry.
But you are wearing a cop's uniform.

Tenable: If you're actually long, as your history suggests, then I do apologize. That said: you are wearing a trolling short's uniform. So don't get offended if someone mistakes you for one. Also, don't act like this forum isn't a frequent target for trolling from TSLAQ. It is. Most commonly around ERs and whenever there's negative news.

Karen, I accept your apology, but not your rationalizations. This is intended to be an investor forum. Investors benefit from thoughtful discourse. TSLA can be trying at times and we should all welcome humor and a bit of off topic discussion. However, I don't believe any of us enjoy members mindlessly banging on their keyboards. Shoveling hatred blindly has never been what TMC is about. This forum used to consist primarily of people like Luv2B, DaveT, and TechMaven that took the time to model, research and share their valuable insights. While many of these people still check in, the signal here has been almost entirely drowned out by the noise. TechMaven for example has been here since 2013 and posted far less than you.

Value is not provided through sheer volume of posts, nor by blind raging bullishness. I am happy to see more and more people go long TSLA and join this forum. But I would hope we can maintain the investor value proposition that TMC has always provided along with a sense of civility.

Edit: Sorry to continue harping, this will be my last post. I read far more than I post here. I share the frustrations of other community members I see posting on this topic. There is a vocal minority that while enthusiastic are making this community.. more work to be a part of.

Wall Street investment banks seeing Tesla turn from a Wall Street equity financing dependent role model and darling into a self-funding cash machine with plenty of "FU money",

I had to think hard about this, but finally got it. You can only mean forthrightly unbridled.

Plus Deepak is staying as Senior Adviser.

Nuts and Bolts all Zach.

Long Term planning Zach plus Deepak.

For the record, I thought the earning report was great, so much in there, Tesla at a very happy place now. Sad to see Deepak retire, but what a stalwart he's been. Biggest risk for me is losing his calming influence in the ER - he has a history of reigning in Elon when necessary.

As I've quite recently said, it's worth listening very attentively to Deepak Ahujah. I think his presence during the more than choppy months of the recent ramp up was likely a crucial contributor to Tesla coming out live and ahead in the end. A red flag accurately conveyed and acknowledged in time can be invaluable.

I also think his most important and actually sole job as "Senior Adviser" aka consigliere will be to impart a sense of when to co-opt or stand up to Elon and how best to leverage his attention. Thankfully, the mission is not a puzzle.

As easily determined by looking at Tsla’s price intra- or inter-day one’s early predictions are not always confirmed by actual events. I learned this early on. To illustrate:

My earliest memory is that I was drowning in Dragon saliva. Death was certain. No, after a time my surroundings seemed to be collapsing and I suffered a short then a long squeeze down a narrowing tube. The pain became excruciating and I thought, OMG, “I’m being swallowed whole!” Death seemed certain as I noticed a hole at the end of the tunnel and there was light as many who have near death experiences have reported. Sure enough, it was death because there was a sudden burst of light all around and relatives were anxiously awaiting me.

I know y’all going to report me for being OT and asking what all this has to do with investing so I shall have to do with an analogy which Elon and you other anal retentives hate.

Just as in life there are only two certain states for Tesla: bankwuptcy and now, taxes.

The amazing thing about some unnamed politicians, because that would truly be off topic, is they make profits by avoiding taxes through bankruptcy. Seems to be the MO of one of our political parties. I guess the rest of the country agrees with the billionaire's last resort (no pun intended).