Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford is really going with "Mach-E" for their "mustang inspired" (whatever that means) EV huh?
This just shows the marketing advantage Tesla has. The legacy autos have to stick goofy names to existing car brands to make sure people know they are electric. Tell your neighbor you have an I-Pace and he will say, "oh, Jaguar? Cool I guess." He will have zero idea it's an electric version of the E-pace.
I'd rather be the mocker than the Mach-E.

CNBC's Fast Money on Twitter
Tesla short@TimSeymour
shares his next move after the stock's stratospheric recent rise. $TSLA

It seems like he's making this stuff up as he goes. A week or so ago someone else was talking about the importance of havings stops when you're shorting, and then turned to Tim and put him on the spot to ask where his stop was with TSLA. He said $315 - $320 while appearing to be making it up on the spot. Now a week later and he's saying the opposite: "you don't have a stop on a volatile stock like this!". As if stops are only appropriate for low beta stocks where they have no chance of kicking in. Rephrasing his advice: "You don't have stops on a stock that might actually shoot up and burn you".

Wow is Credit Suisse going to be disappointed when they learn Ford's Mach-E will not arrive in volume when Ford says it will and it won't have a range of 300 miles and cost between $40,000-$50,000. Someone needs to hold these guys accountable for all their ridiculous statements.
I dunno. They've been working on it for years. It might be on the market by the end of 2020, probably in limited volume, and there might be an extra cost version with 300 mile range. And Ford could price the limited quantities that are available at a significant loss to try to buy EV credibility. We'll see.

Last edited:
I dunno. They've been working on it for years. It might be on the market by the end of 2020, probably in limited volume, and there might be an extra cost version with 300 mile range. And Ford could sell the limited quantities that are available at a significant loss to try to buy EV credibility. We'll see.
Yes. THAT sounds like a strategy for EV truck dominance.

The post that said people avoid adopting black cats leads me to think I'd like to look for one. We'll see.
:p Black cats are the BEST! Seriously. But don’t look to adopt one around September or October. Reputable shelters won’t do it because there are sick f*<£s that want them for Halloween shenanigans.

A paragraph from a CNN article:

"That's pushed the stock back into positive territory for the year. (It still lags the performance of GM, Ford (F), Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) and many other big auto makers, however.)"

How do they write this nonsensence?

Ford is down 8.2 percent over last year.
GM and Tesla are both up about 1.9 percent.

What a stuttering response. I never liked that putz...I hope he double and triple and quadruple's down....and them looses his pretty shirt's...all of them.
It seems like he's making this stuff up as he goes. A week or so ago someone else was talking about the importance of havings stops when you're shorting, and then turned to Tim and put him on the spot to ask where his stop was with TSLA. He said $315 - $320 while appearing to be making it up on the spot. Now a week later and he's saying the opposite: "you don't have a stop on a volatile stock like this!". As if stops are only appropriate for low beta stocks where they have no chance of kicking in. Rephrasing his advice: "You don't have stops on a stock that might actually shoot up and burn you".

Pete Najarian schooled Tim Seymour in just the few words he was allowed, then Pete waved his hand toward Tim before staring him down.

Last edited:
The TMC CSI team found this:

At least two wheels and high power headlights confirmed. The pickup truck has no tank tracks, and it is not flying either.
Those are some serious low profile tires for an off-road capable vehicle, or perhaps they're non-pneumatic tires?

Cybertruck.reveal.invite.Teaser2.jpg

Here's a 3-D CAD drawing of a non-pneumatic tire:

3dCAD.nptire.png

I keep telling y'all, Cybertruck will be the first Tesla on Mars. That's why Elon loves it!

Cheers!

. If nothing else not everyone wants to drive a cell phone. Some people like automobiles with knobs and buttons and don't want to have to learn seeming endless menus and features.
Those people will die off.

Show me anyone under 30 that can't operate a smartphone or iPad in their sleep. Including toddlers.