Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those people will die off.

Show me anyone under 30 that can't operate a smartphone or iPad in their sleep. Including toddlers.

Most of my Amish relatives.

My great grandfather was Amish. In 1925 he installed electric motors in his furniture factory.
He was promptly shunned. No one in the congregation could speak to him.
That included his wife and children. They could only nod yes or no.
After a year he left the church.

He told me that was the best year of his life.

Last edited:
Those people will die off.

Show me anyone under 30 that can't operate a smartphone or iPad in their sleep. Including toddlers.
My wife is a kindergarten teacher, and not terribly tech-savvy. She has recruited one of her FIVE-YEAR-OLDS to be her IT person. She sets up the iPads for the day’s lessons and makes sure they are charging before she goes home.

No wonder young people “get” Teslas.

At some point, you would think that whoever is backing these morons would give it up as a bad plan.

CNBC's "Fast Money" is a panel of money managers moderated by a CNBC host. Some are solely there to promote their investment positions. They may not be paid anything. The Najarians, however, are straight shooters. I regularly interviewed Jon (Pete's brother) on the floor of the CBOE.

Apparently "Fast Money" has high ratings with low cost, so they keep it going despite damage to CNBC's credibility.

My wife is a kindergarten teacher, and not terribly tech-savvy. She has recruited one of her FIVE-YEAR-OLDS to be her IT person. She sets up the iPads for the day’s lessons and makes sure they are charging before she goes home.

No wonder young people “get” Teslas.
On my way to work this morning a kid waiting for the bus excitedly gave me a Napoleon Dynamite/Kip "Yes" as I drove by.

The post that said people avoid adopting black cats leads me to think I'd like to look for one. We'll see.

I'm sure there is a cat out there, black or otherwise, just waiting to become your new feline overlord! And, just like potato chips, you can't have just one. Two is the magic number.

If you need more proof that cats rule and are a fan of The Oatmeal.... Having a Baby vs Having a Cat

Last edited:
Most of my Amish relatives.

My great grandfather was Amish. In 1925 he installed electric motors in his furniture factory.
He was promptly shunned. No one in the congregation could speak to him.
That included his wife and children. They could only nod yes or no.
After a year he left the church.

He told me that was the best year of his life.
Probably not a huge untapped market of potential car owners either....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114-194525_reddit is fun.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-194525_reddit is fun.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 87
The windshield in this image looks like it’s flat, sloped like a house roof.

edit: great forward visibility of what’s immediately in front of you, unlike existing pickups.

That's what I don't get about the Rivian. Anyone who's ever off-roaded knows how much of an advantage extra front visibility would be. I don't expect the Tesla Cybertruck to have too much ability off-road besides being able to navigate muddy and pot-holed back-country roads but Rivian holds up their truck as an off-roader yet they did nothing good for forward visibility. While it's true that current off-road kings don't have good forward visibility, that is because they have front engines. Rivian certainly didn't play to the strengths of an electric powertrain by keeping the same form factor as ICE trucks.

First Edition $60k. -$7500 Federal Credit.

Then base $43k -$7500

If that's the price its not bad. Of course, we don't know how for sure what the range is and much they are going to charge for options. Could escalate quickly. Will see, I like the interior though. Clearly they know Tesla's minimalist design is the way to go and they are actually designing it like an EV.