Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tim’s message to his fellow shorts is that if TSLA roars to $370, then he’s out. Now imagine that if you’re a short. One of your most ardent leader is capitulating on television, conceding that he may have lost, and his body language (leg shaking) says it all. I wonder if this is a self fulfilling prophecy where Tim’s fellow shorts start to think, I’m not waiting till $370 to bail, I’m bailing now before you do, Tim. I wonder if this has anything to do with today’s price action? The short thesis is crumbling so fast that CNBC did a short covering segment 101 for its viewers. WOW!

Yeah, many Tesla shorts can still gain an at least $12 advantage over Tim Seymour's capitulation price of $370, if they cover right now, real fast! :D

Nope it's the sun - flares are in high activity today.

Solar flares are monitored by AI trading computers and are seen as a risk to technology stocks in case of a blackout scenario. (Lol, just made that up, but that is a real shot of today's sun and the flares go along with the spots generally.)

View attachment 478725

First I thought you were joking, but look what kind of weird anomaly appeared in the latest DSO satellite imagery:

upload_2019-11-19_18-57-29.png

I'm not sure about its scientific significance though.

Last edited:
Old steelworks site on south side of Chicago or Gary Indiana is as Mordor as it gets. Might be bad PR to call someone’s hometown Mordor.
Maybe Flint? He’s built up local contacts with clean water assistance.
Unless he's talking about climate. According to one researcher, the climate of Mordor is most similar to West Texas:
Climate Scientist Takes on Tolkien's Middle Earth
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/university/media/press/10013-english.pdf
I'm not sure that West Texas is the best place to build a new gigafactory..

I think this may be helping: Vladimir Grinshpun on Twitter: House Ways and Means Democrats called for the expansion of an electric vehicle tax credit and the extension of tax credits for solar energy in a draft package released Nov. 19: - make $7k-per-vehicle credit available for up to 600k vehicles sold per manufacturer
2M extra shares bought because of this ? I hope not.

There are like a thousand bills the House has passed waiting to be taken up by the Senate. That way Trump won't even have to veto any bills.

Read the bill, my dudes. Well, first with the understanding that this is unlikely to pass as it's currently drafted. But given that, here's the details: (starts on page 50)

-Transition period: point where a manufacturer hits 200k plug-in vehicles sold in the US.
-Phaseout period: 2nd calendar quarter after the point at which a manufacturer hits 600k plug-in vehicles sold in the US. (50% credit for the first calendar quarter of the phaseout period.)
-Exclusion period: period from which a manufacturer hit 200k and the passage of this act.

Vehicles sold during the transition period are able to claim the credit less $500.
Vehicles sold during the exclusion period do not count.

To say it more concisely: yes, this will harm Tesla as it still relies on a per-manufacturer cap, which Tesla will hit way (way, way due to the bigger cap) before anyone else. But it would reinstate the credit for Tesla until they hit 600k + [number sold since they hit 200k and the passage of this act] vehicles sold in the US.
It shouldn’t harm Tesla any more than the current federal ev incentive.

These are the guys that sued Tesla for saying the Tesla Semi stole their aesthetic design which was completely bogus and which they had to embarrassingly drop the lawsuit. These are the guys that also continually said hydrogen was the next big thing, not electric...….So I'm feeling pretty confident when I say they're talking out of their a**.
That's methane, not hydrogen.

So the competition is cutting capex, R&D in order to compete with Tesla’s moat? Good luck with that, this is the time you’re suppose to ramp up R&D on all cylinders and let people know you’re alive.

Daimler Outlines Restructuring Plans to Offset Cost Woes

In view of the increasing costs, the company has outlined restructuring measures to maintain financial health. While Daimler invested massively in the recent years to develop electric and driverless cars, it is time to freeze the capex now. Daimler intends capex and research & development costs to be capped at 2019 levels, and reduced in the medium term. It aims to cut jobs of more than 1,000 managers, which is likely to slash costs by about 1 billion euros by the end of 2022. Putting a rein on spending and cutting jobs will aid the company in saving more than 1.3 billion euros.

Last edited: