Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok what is the next boarder after 350 fell?

360 is too lame, where do you think will the next fight be?

I want to see $370 so Tim can have another 4 minute segment on his short thesis being blown up and his credibility down the toilet. I have to make a run to the local groceries for popcorn tonight.

I don't know that it's productive to try to guess all the individual mechanisms of a general, non-sudden, change in price like TSLA shares are going through. I can never "know" any of this stuff with any certainty so I prefer to analyze it from the overview perspective (all effects rolled up together).

It looks like Tesla is going higher. ;)

remarkably, i've been almost 100% consistently wrong about predicting short-term ups and downs. It's uncanny. But I have come out way ahead anyway, because fundamentally i'm backing the right horse, and with very few exceptions i'm just buying and holding. If i was trading options i'd probably be broke.

I think this may be helping: Vladimir Grinshpun on Twitter: House Ways and Means Democrats called for the expansion of an electric vehicle tax credit and the extension of tax credits for solar energy in a draft package released Nov. 19: - make $7k-per-vehicle credit available for up to 600k vehicles sold per manufacturer

Rep. Richard Neal’s Tax Package Would Help Maintain the Nation’s Clean Energy Momentum

Tax credit extending subsidy to 600,000 vehicles is now released out of the Ways and Means Committee (where it was first referred when it was introduced).

upload_2019-11-19_12-9-7.png

https://mikethompson.house.gov/sites/mikethompson.house.gov/files/GREEN Act Discussion Draft.pdf

Sold a few shares at $354. When we hit $375 by closing today, well... You're welcome.

I know this is supposed to be light-hearted superstition, but it gets old. I won't thank you for selling because I'm not superstitious and selling shares actually has a slight negative effect on share price, not positive. Yes, completely inconsequential unless it's millions of dollars worth but to joke that it's actually the opposite is just...:rolleyes:

I assume you are talking about today's positive move in TSLA shares.

News we haven't seen yet? Trading on non-public information is illegal. Yes, it happens but I don't think that's what's at play right now.

Short covering? Definitely some of this. But I don't know why you believe a big player can always unwind their short position in a "more elegant" fashion. Please explain. Because sometimes there are no "elegant" ways to close out a large short position.

Accumulation? Yes, definitely some of this. But I don't know why you try to compartmentalize big/small players. Everyone plays in the same marketplace and their effects are additive - you can't really separate out the individual players.

MM's adjusting for Friday? Yes, some of this because that always happens with rising prices.

I don't know that it's productive to try to guess all the individual mechanisms of a general, non-sudden, change in price like TSLA shares are going through. I can never "know" any of this stuff with any certainty so I prefer to analyze it from the overview perspective (all effects rolled up together).

It looks like Tesla is going higher. ;)

I'm still mentally prepared for a quick trip back to $337-$342 in the next week or two but am even more confident that it will power higher than the $350's we are currently in. This baby is on a roll that doesn't want to end (and without some bad news, either macro or micro) I cannot see this ending.

Yeah still expecting a pull back into 340's. Was originally thinking 330's but the strength over the past 2 weeks lead me to believe it won't go that low. Was an expecting a retracement intraday back to mid 330's a week ago but it never happened.

It really can't be said enough how much a wild card the CyberTruck could be because it feels like Tesla hasn't actually hyped up an even like they are the CyberTruck since the Model 3 event. I'm fully expecting a "one more thing" at this event and I think there's a good chance at some positive surprises when it comes to production news/updates. Not trading on any of this. Just my own personal thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: Snerruc
my official Tesla truck prediction:

The Cybertruck is going to balance gyroscopically on a single gigantic wheel, and the passenger compartment will be at its center. it will have two hauling beds, one on each side of the passenger compartment. It has 4 rows (seats 11), and passengers enter the cabin via an all-glass bulletproof elevator. no steering wheel, dashboard, or screen. All imagery will be fed directly into the brains of the occupants via a wireless neurolink connection. No battery pack. All Cybertrucks will be powered wirelessly by energy bounced off of the ionosphere by an enormous Tesla Tower Elon has secretly constructed at the North Pole. Also supports playing MP3s via USB stick.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're wrong. The USB stick has to be used for sentry mode shenanigans, so how can it play MP3's?

If Tim’s message to his fellow shorts is that if TSLA roars to $370, then he’s out. Now imagine that if you’re a short. One of your most ardent leader is capitulating on television, conceding that he may have lost, and his body language (leg shaking) says it all. I wonder if this is a self fulfilling prophecy where Tim’s fellow shorts start to think, I’m not waiting till $370 to bail, I’m bailing now before you do, Tim. I wonder if this has anything to do with today’s price action? The short thesis is crumbling so fast that CNBC did a short covering segment 101 for its viewers. WOW!

The advice at the end 8:30 for Tim.
Going Higher.
Don't Marry shorts (not sure what this business lingo means .?..)
And watch the debt.(& the Debt in Tesla has improved here)

Rep. Richard Neal’s Tax Package Would Help Maintain the Nation’s Clean Energy Momentum

Tax credit extending subsidy to 600,000 vehicles is now released out of the Ways and Means Committee (where it was first referred when it was introduced).

View attachment 478731

https://mikethompson.house.gov/sites/mikethompson.house.gov/files/GREEN Act Discussion Draft.pdf

well that sucks for Tesla, doesn't it? they've already sold well over 600k vehicle. Helps everyone else out immensely, though.

Nikola Corp | Nikola Corporation to Unveil Game-Changing Battery Cell Technology at Nikola World 2020

nikola's claim, how credible is it? I guess the facts might be more in the battery capabilities they did not mention.

These are the guys that sued Tesla for saying the Tesla Semi stole their aesthetic design which was completely bogus and which they had to embarrassingly drop the lawsuit. These are the guys that also continually said hydrogen was the next big thing, not electric...….So I'm feeling pretty confident when I say they're talking out of their a**.

View attachment 478731

That bill is harmful to Tesla, not helpful. Market doesn't seem to understand that.

ED: Well... kind of. Reading over it better, Tesla wouldn't go straight to zero, but they'd likely go straight to phaseout. Depending on when it was passed (these things take time), they might get a quarter or so of full benefits, then down to two quarters of $3,5k, and so forth. Of course, everyone else will be at $7,5k for years.