Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A runup before the pickup truck reveal? Then the share price drops after the media starts their FUD campaign that it's too bizarre looking to succeed?

A lot of people here are betting on a drop after the Cybrtrk reveal, and even saving dry powder for that drop. One thing I’ve learned about the stock market is that it hardly does what we expect it to do. There’s no logic.

No advice :p

Unless he's talking about climate. According to one researcher, the climate of Mordor is most similar to West Texas:
Climate Scientist Takes on Tolkien's Middle Earth
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/university/media/press/10013-english.pdf
I'm not sure that West Texas is the best place to build a new gigafactory..

The most plausible explanation is Elon was asking "Should Tesla work with legacy car makers?" Such as supplying skateboards or battery packs to other companies.

The problem is people don't really understand what he was asking, 78% people just clicked "Y". Now he thinks 78% people support the idea. I voted No, and I'm not sure what he was asking.

Over 600k in US ? probably not - but they are likely close.

What I really want them to do is remove per manufacturer cap - and move to a total cap of 2M to 5M.

Per @Zaxxon above the sales in the US between 200k and when the legislation comes into effect (if it does) do not count. All the cars in that period get credit - $500, new sales till 600k get full credit along with the next quarter in the ramp down again.
So Tesla would cap out again before anyone else, but can sell a lot of vehicles in the interim.

Tesla configurator is now showing February delivery for both SR+ and LR AWD in Holland, Germany and Austria (and February for SR+ everywhere else).
It looks like Tesla is mostly sold out of European production allocation half way through the quarter despite the increased shipments.
It also suggests US production allocation is expected to sell out in good time because there is still time to produce and ship more European cars at the expense of US production if this helped balance out wait times and maximise Q4 deliveries.

Last edited:
TESLARATI on Twitter

I think this comment from VW CEO may be it. Definitely another nail in the coffin of those expecting things in Germany to move slowly.
Lol! Tweets from Teslarati do not move the market. :p

Its momentum buying on today's 'Golden Cross' (100-day Moving Avg in 'Green' now higher than 200-day in 'Red'):

sc.TSLA.100-DayChart.2019-11-19.11-50.png

Cheers!

So the competition is cutting capex, R&D in order to compete with Tesla’s moat? Good luck with that, this is the tune you’re suppose to ramp up R&D on all cylinders and let people know you’re alive.

Daimler Outlines Restructuring Plans to Offset Cost Woes

In view of the increasing costs, the company has outlined restructuring measures to maintain financial health. While Daimler invested massively in the recent years to develop electric and driverless cars, it is time to freeze the capex now. Daimler intends capex and research & development costs to be capped at 2019 levels, and reduced in the medium term. It aims to cut jobs of more than 1,000 managers, which is likely to slash costs by about 1 billion euros by the end of 2022. Putting a rein on spending and cutting jobs will aid the company in saving more than 1.3 billion euros.

Cutting 1000 managers and they still have managers left after that? What a bureacratic horror it must to work in that company. Do they get anything done on short notice or do ten managers have to ok every decision?

And it saves them one billion by the end of 2022? Per year? Do these 1000 managers make a million each? Or is that for 2020, 2021 and 2022? Minus severance fees that still means a salary of half a million each. Aarrghh.

The most plausible explanation is Elon was asking "Should Tesla work with legacy car makers?" Such as supplying skateboards or battery packs to other companies.

The problem is people don't really understand what he was asking, 78% people just clicked "Y". Now he thinks 78% people support the idea. I voted No, and I'm not sure what he was asking.

Mordor is a location, not a business. Gentrifying implies residence. The most Mordory automotive place relative to Tesla is Detroit.
Still going with Project Tim.

Personal bias: Having worked in a Tier 1, you'll never change an OEM as a supplier. (nor would you want to be one. If you think there are anecdotes about Tesla quality now, wait till Tesla parts are integrated, installed, and serviced by 3rd parties.).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger