Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to see $370 so Tim can have another 4 minute segment on his short thesis being blown up and his credibility down the toilet. I have to make a run to the local groceries for popcorn tonight.
I was just doing the same. While passing the 7-eleven, I saw Tim standing in line for one of these. He said his throat was so sore from nervous swallowing that he may not make it to work today. :(

upload_2019-11-19_10-22-7.jpeg

If Tim’s message to his fellow shorts is that if TSLA roars to $370, then he’s out. Now imagine that if you’re a short. One of your most ardent leader is capitulating on television, conceding that he may have lost, and his body language (leg shaking) says it all. I wonder if this is a self fulfilling prophecy where Tim’s fellow shorts start to think, I’m not waiting till $370 to bail, I’m bailing now before you do, Tim. I wonder if this has anything to do with today’s price action? The short thesis is crumbling so fast that CNBC did a short covering segment 101 for its viewers. WOW!
Just watched the Tim Seymore short segment. So this Tim Seymore is the typical TSLA short-seller genius?

Not sure it's anything worth mulling over. A < 2% move is just noise.

Generally, I agree with that. However, today's rise is a little more significant than most 2% moves because TSLA just broke through last Wednesday's high of $356.

It doesn't guarantee anything of course but the chart is very "pretty". And I like pretty charts.:)

This article says about Tesla:
"Well, according to lithium-ion battery cells studies, after 500-800 charging cycles and 100,000 to 150.000 miles a battery’s charging capacity drops to around 70%. "

Tesla Batteries Last Forever (Basically)
What is the charge/discharge cycle durability of Tesla's 2170 cells? - Quora

Compare that to CATL's 1800 charge cycle with the capacity drop to 80%:

CATL achieves 304 Wh/kg in new battery cells - PushEVs

Then there's reality: I just turned over 150K miles on my Model S this morning, and I've only lost about 6% range.

I think we** are getting another Gigafactory.

Cheers!

**where 'we' is the US rust belt (heart of US Auto industry).

Well, ya know, that Lordstown GM plant was being offloaded to Workhorse cheap for making EV vans/trucks. So, instead of Tesla making a direct play which could have been more expensive, they just buy out Workhorse for Cybrtrck, semi, and the Workhorse EV delivery vans manufacturing facility.

A Trojan "horse" operation!

Last edited:
In the US? Really? :rolleyes:

And would it be retro-active? Such that all 2019 Tesla purchasers would get the full credit?

Read the bill, my dudes. Well, first with the understanding that this is unlikely to pass as it's currently drafted. But given that, here's the details: (starts on page 50)

-Transition period: point where a manufacturer hits 200k plug-in vehicles sold in the US.
-Phaseout period: 2nd calendar quarter after the point at which a manufacturer hits 600k plug-in vehicles sold in the US. (50% credit for the first calendar quarter of the phaseout period.)
-Exclusion period: period from which a manufacturer hit 200k and the passage of this act.

Vehicles sold during the transition period are able to claim the credit less $500.
Vehicles sold during the exclusion period do not count.

To say it more concisely: yes, this will harm Tesla as it still relies on a per-manufacturer cap, which Tesla will hit way (way, way due to the bigger cap) before anyone else. But it would reinstate the credit for Tesla until they hit 600k + [number sold since they hit 200k and the passage of this act] vehicles sold in the US.

Read the bill, my dudes. Well, first with the understanding that this is unlikely to pass as it's currently drafted. But given that, here's the details: (starts on page 50)

-Transition period: point where a manufacturer hits 200k plug-in vehicles sold in the US.
-Phaseout period: 2nd calendar quarter after the point at which a manufacturer hits 600k plug-in vehicles sold in the US. (50% credit for the first calendar quarter of the phaseout period.)
-Exclusion period: period from which a manufacturer hit 200k and the passage of this act.

Vehicles sold during the transition period are able to claim the credit less $500.
Vehicles sold during the exclusion period do not count.

To say it more concisely: yes, this will harm Tesla as it still relies on a per-manufacturer cap, which Tesla will hit way (way, way due to the bigger cap) before anyone else. But it would reinstate the credit for Tesla until they hit 600k + [number sold since they hit 200k and the passage of this act] vehicles sold in the US.

Zaxxon coming through for us that are too lazy to read through all of the details ;)

That bill is harmful to Tesla, not helpful. Market doesn't seem to understand that.

It's better than nothing. It will help Tesla a lot before they reach the 600k quota in the US. Also the bill will help solar a lot.

By the time Tesla reaches 600k, either we come up with a new tax incentive plan, or maybe FSD starts working.

Also, by that time, Tesla's EVs will be so competitive against ICEs, there will not be demand concern anymore. The ICE replacement market is 30 trillion dollars.

Reactions: goinfraftw
We'll, ya know, that Lordstown GM plant was being offloaded to Workhorse cheap for making EV vans/trucks. So, instead of Tesla making a direct play which could have been more expensive, they just buy out Workhorse for Cybrtrck, semi, and the Workhorse EV delivery vans manufacturing facility.

A Trojan "horse" operation!
Old steelworks site on south side of Chicago or Gary Indiana is as Mordor as it gets. Might be bad PR to call someone’s hometown Mordor.
Maybe Flint? He’s built up local contacts with clean water assistance.