Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their usa product page strangely does not advertise its full range.

Turns out the e tron can only do roughly 200 miles (EPA) with 95 kwh battery. Their advertisement therefore focus on charging speed i.e. 30 minutes charging gives you this much range. They bring in model x for comparison but seems to have understated its 30 minutes charging range.

To me its a very underwhelming product.

Im still looking forward to seeing it but yah. Underwhelming nails it. The Nisssn Leaf e plus has a 62 KWH battery and gets 224 miles, and with a heat pump probably does much better in cooler climates.

We have to replace 2 cars in the next 3 to 4 years. One either later this year or early next year. We’ll keep our 2016 Leaf but we were considering getting a model 3 to replace our smart ED convertible. But we have to rethink that now with Tesla not coming out with a Chademo adapter for the 3. Chademo coverage is much more extensive and growing fast in our province. We’ll probably switch to the e plus Leaf SL instead of the model 3. Just a better fit with heated steering wheel, hatch back and Chademo. Service in town instead of 500 km away. However, we are both up for putting down a deposit on a model Y when the time comes. As long as one of them does Chademo we are happy. Absolutely loved our test drive in the model 3 but need to be practical.

Gaslighting - Wikipedia
Yes, it is gaslighting. The effect of the tweet is to induce confusion and to cause readers to mistrust their own correct reading of the table. Gaslighting exploits cognitive biases to create confusion.

Off topic, but no. You are confusing being confused yourself and causing confusion in others. Journalists, and this one especially, are simply confused themselves -- often because of a cognitive bias. They aren't gas lighting -- they are just confused.

Gas lighting is intentionally (not mistakenly) creating a specific type of confusion in others - - the specific confusion is a type generated by changing reality and thus the perceptions of others, and when the other person notices the changed reality, you deny that the reality has changed and then they doubt their own perception. For example, you turn down the gas lights and then when the other person wonders if the lights are different and why they can't see as well, you deny any change and then the person doubts their own perception and doubts themselves.

It's the changing of reality and then denying the changed reality that is true "gas lighting" . Simply being confused yourself isn't gas lighting -- even when you communicate your confusion to others causing them to also be confused.

that is true "gas lighting" .. but just like "begs the question" and other phrases it has come to be misused so that pedants like me get a cortisol response when we see it being misused.

I didn't read the Wikipedia page but if it doesn't say what I said then it is wrong.

Im still looking forward to seeing it but yah. Underwhelming nails it. The Nisssn Leaf e plus has a 62 KWH battery and gets 224 miles, and with a heat pump probably does much better in cooler climates.

We have to replace 2 cars in the next 3 to 4 years. One either later this year or early next year. We’ll keep our 2016 Leaf but we were considering getting a model 3 to replace our smart ED convertible. But we have to rethink that now with Tesla not coming out with a Chademo adapter for the 3. Chademo coverage is much more extensive and growing fast in our province. We’ll probably switch to the e plus Leaf SL instead of the model 3. Just a better fit with heated steering wheel, hatch back and Chademo. Service in town instead of 500 km away. However, we are both up for putting down a deposit on a model Y when the time comes. As long as one of them does Chademo we are happy. Absolutely loved our test drive in the model 3 but need to be practical.

Interesting, I didn't know that Model 3 has no CHAdeMO adapter.

Interesting, I didn't know that Model 3 has no CHAdeMO adapter.

Nope. CHAdeMO is a dying tech (as much as Nissan keeps fighting against this), with almost everyone else unifying around CSS. Not sure how long they're going to keep on trying, but eventually they're going to have to face reality; more and more dual CCS-CHAdeMO charger makers are going to stop including CHAdeMO on their chargers.

I wonder what province Webeevdrivers is in. If the V3 rollout goes like I'm expecting it to, there's going to be a lot of buildout later this year.

In the UK where I live the model X isn't just a big car, its like a bus. There is NO WAY it is practical on many of the roads I drive down. In fact my model S is annoyingly wide, long and inconvenient. People in the US vastly underestimate how many European, and especially UK customers will be waiting for the model 3. When your road layout is still based on a single medieval horse and cart width, you do NOT want to buy an SUV, and so much of Europe is like that.
Exactly: I don’t know any European cities where XS are easy to drive. Some main boulevards are ok, but they often have those crazy traffic circles you’s guys find so efficient. Smaller cars with good 360 is key in Europe and American mid size is big in most cities. I imagine if you’re well off and live in the country or a big city street or modern district you can get by. I been to Norway, assume it and Sweden are more spread out then avg European cities.

I’m about to start handing out disagrees. You’ve been warned.
DxispsaV4AAGn9q.jpg:small

Exactly: I don’t know any European cities where XS are easy to drive. Some main boulevards are ok, but they often have those crazy traffic circles you’s guys find so efficient. Smaller cars with good 360 is key in Europe and American mid size is big in most cities. I imagine if you’re well off and live in the country or a big city street or modern district you can get by. I been to Norway, assume it and Sweden are more spread out then avg European cities.
Width is a problem on UK country lanes. Width and length are a nightmare to park. Most executive cars are driven to work and back - not taken shopping:
_92577788_836195.jpg

We are aiming to make UK roads impossible for EU drivers post Brexit:
now-87bc897c-4eb4-4d2c-938d-38485e299587-1210-680.jpg

Note how the inner roundabout goes the correct way for the rest of the world...

Width is a problem on UK country lanes. Width and length are a nightmare to park. Most executive cars are driven to work and back - not taken shopping:
_92577788_836195.jpg

Why do you guys in the UK do this to yourselves? I mean, okay, I get it with old pre-car construction... but why keep making new construction like that? It's self-inflicted.

As easily determined by looking at Tsla’s price intra- or inter-day one’s early predictions are not always confirmed by actual events. I learned this early on. To illustrate:

My earliest memory is that I was drowning in Dragon saliva. Death was certain. No, after a time my surroundings seemed to be collapsing and I suffered a short then a long squeeze down a narrowing tube. The pain became excruciating and I thought, OMG, “I’m being swallowed whole!” Death seemed certain as I noticed a hole at the end of the tunnel and there was light as many who have near death experiences have reported. Sure enough, it was death because there was a sudden burst of light all around and relatives were anxiously awaiting me.

I know y’all going to report me for being OT and asking what all this has to do with investing so I shall have to do with an analogy which Elon and you other anal retentives hate.

Just as in life there are only two certain states for Tesla: bankwuptcy and now, taxes.

The amazing thing about some unnamed politicians, because that would truly be off topic, is they make profits by avoiding taxes through bankruptcy. Seems to be the MO of one of our political parties. I guess the rest of the country agrees with the billionaire's last resort (no pun intended).

I'd just like to take a moment, and I'm sure I speak for many here, to say how much I enjoy your posts, Prof. I have no idea at all what they're about, but nevertheless, I like them.

Nope. CHAdeMO is a dying tech (as much as Nissan keeps fighting against this), with almost everyone else unifying around CSS. Not sure how long they're going to keep on trying, but eventually they're going to have to face reality; more and more dual CCS-CHAdeMO charger makers are going to stop including CHAdeMO on their chargers.

I wonder what province Webeevdrivers is in. If the V3 rollout goes like I'm expecting it to, there's going to be a lot of buildout later this year.

We are in British Columbia. Actually I wouldn’t care if it’s Chademo or CCS. But being dependant on one network and a private proprietary one at that is not a good idea in our situation.

I confirm, I resist taking my car into the city-centre for fear of damage. Last week I was in Paris, had to go in an underground car-park, which was so tight, with kerbs, ended up screwing my rear-right rim.

I used to think my MS was big, but the few times I've had an MS loaner in my garage it looks like toy by comparison to the X.

When at the supercharger in Geisselwind an Audi e-tron from Ingolstadt pulled up in the nearby charger. (An i-pace and an Ionique were also present).

I was impressed with the build quality of the Audi. When I sat in the car, closed the door, I felt separated from all outside world. Very quiet. The driver had gone 170 km from Ingolstadt to Geisselwind and arrived with 50 % SOC. The driver told me, he did not go fast on the Autobahn due to heavy traffic. Weather was around freezing. The charger started with 150 kW, but soon leveled off slightly as it went to 60%, reduced more at 70 %, when I left. It was clearly below 120 kW then.

The car has much less space than the S, don't even compare to the X.

My take: Audi has a lot to learn with respect to efficiency, electronics, batteries and drivetrain. But the build and finish are very impressive. And: the car is expensive, unless the dealer discounts (8 % to 15 %) will be granted. But even then.