Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two questions to consider:-

1. What advantage does the exoskeleton design have?
IMO most probably excellent strength for lower weight..

2. What will it take to build in terms of capex, time and equipment?
IMO fast ramp, minimal automation, low capex, polar opposite to the Model 3 program.

I can see why Elon is excited, this design is functional, cost effective, and easy to make, aesthetics, are the challenge.

People complaining about the interior haven't considered the price....

Size wise it is the same as a F150, it would be interesting to see this design scaled up to an 8ft bed...

What's super important for investors is this hidden message: Tesla has been able to cut down cost that they can offer this stainless electric truck at $40k. A $40k gasoline pickup truck would have a real cost of $60k after 10 years' gasoline is added. Think about it for a moment. The ICE world is game over. Other EVs can't compete with cost. Tesla is the only game in town.

I love the Cybertruck, it's like a military truck. I think there will be high demand. In case there is not enough demand, they can get out a regular e-truck. The low cost is priceless in competition.

interior of the truck looks spacious enough that it almost seems like it is an SUV.
I think this vehicle is going to redefine "SUV." It is sporty, perhaps more than any SUV. It's got a lot of utility, perhaps more than any other SUV. And... it's a vehicle :)

The Cybertruck is an SUV. Unless you want a conventional SUV that doesn't have as much sportiness or utility.

Fun Fact: The Tesla / SpaceX Truck will only weight 1,000Kg on the surface of Mars :D

Cybertruck-Mars-Rover.png

down but not much. Tesla going with a niche design is gonna hurt
We knew it was going to be a niche design. The more people find out about this rig, the more they will love it. That Motor Trend article is a great start. Get the feeling those folks have seen the light and will not be ICE shills going forward.

My feelings exactly. I both want and hate these things. And I say this as someone who really, really wanted an Aptera back in the day.

After all this time joking about Bollinger, this is what Tesla makes?

I can't look at those angles without picturing the airflow streamlines swirling across them. And those flat panels... to me just look so amateur, like someone pieced it together in a garage (e.g. like Bollinger). I mean, not even some airflow-aligned style lines or something?

But they also got a lot right. That rear taper angle is perfect, and converges to a very small wake. They really made an impression with their sledgehammer tests, even though their glass tests were a PR disaster (most people probably forgot how it aced the ball-drop test). Pricing is bloody awesome, and all the stats are very solid.

Both love and hate the thing. Both want and dislike it. ;)
The F117 is like that so I guess air resistance won't be a problem

• Funny
Reactions: Yonki and wipster